The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mohamedm300
Yo guys i've got an interview tomorrow morning at tesco. I had one a few months ago and it went awful i didn't prepare, thy asked me mostly questions that i have never experienced this will be my first job if i'm lucky
good luck, I had an email back saying they are still considering my role after waiting 3 weeks for a reply.
Original post by Nicolla14
good luck, I had an email back saying they are still considering my role after waiting 3 weeks for a reply.

This is for the Leicester store, right? I've been waiting too!

I think I've read on here that it took them about 3-4 weeks to get back to somebody once. Apparently if it remains "In Process" it means we may have failed this time round but they may consider us in the future. Hopefully they get in contact soon!
Hey guys,
I have been going through with Tesco for a part time job. I am literally ready to start, passed the interview and got offered the job on 23/01/2015 and my checks came back clear the following week. It has been 4/5 weeks now and my manager is on hold from his regional manager in regards to being allowed to recruit again. Does anyone know how longer it may take as I am getting really frustrated as I have been ringing in every 2 week to see if he can let me start and he is desperate for staff in his store. I am frustrated, my manager is frustrated too!

He has guaranteed the job to be mine as long as no other Tesco is closed down -.-

I'm just getting really anxious now :frown:
Original post by techgeekx
Hey guys,
I have been going through with Tesco for a part time job. I am literally ready to start, passed the interview and got offered the job on 23/01/2015 and my checks came back clear the following week. It has been 4/5 weeks now and my manager is on hold from his regional manager in regards to being allowed to recruit again. Does anyone know how longer it may take as I am getting really frustrated as I have been ringing in every 2 week to see if he can let me start and he is desperate for staff in his store. I am frustrated, my manager is frustrated too!

He has guaranteed the job to be mine as long as no other Tesco is closed down -.-

I'm just getting really anxious now :frown:

Have you managed to contact the manager at Tesco who hired you? The managers at my store are always difficult to get hold of on the phone so I'd say go in and speak to the customer service desk and ask when he's in.
Original post by Lintu93
Have you managed to contact the manager at Tesco who hired you? The managers at my store are always difficult to get hold of on the phone so I'd say go in and speak to the customer service desk and ask when he's in.

Yes mate,it's the manager that i've been in contact with, it's an express store so it's easier to get hold of him, been told that all this malarky they are going through will be finalised and put to bed by the 25th March, guess I'll just have to wait :/
Reply 1325
Original post by Caveman94
This is for the Leicester store, right? I've been waiting too!

I think I've read on here that it took them about 3-4 weeks to get back to somebody once. Apparently if it remains "In Process" it means we may have failed this time round but they may consider us in the future. Hopefully they get in contact soon!

i didnt turn up for interview because i thought it would be in Wed rather than Tuesday i called them up to confirm it but no one answered . so i received a message saying that i am unsuccessful for the position. after 2 weeks they called me again saying that they want to invite me for interview tomorrow which i accepted. but then again im confused! MY APPLICATION IT SAYS UNSUCCESSFUL and wants me to come again without applying or more LIKE (I DIDNT TURN UP FOR INTERVIEW) due to confusion.
Original post by akod55
i didnt turn up for interview because i thought it would be in Wed rather than Tuesday i called them up to confirm it but no one answered . so i received a message saying that i am unsuccessful for the position. after 2 weeks they called me again saying that they want to invite me for interview tomorrow which i accepted. but then again im confused! MY APPLICATION IT SAYS UNSUCCESSFUL and wants me to come again without applying or more LIKE (I DIDNT TURN UP FOR INTERVIEW) due to confusion.

Is this for a store in Leicester?
Reply 1327
Original post by Caveman94
Is this for a store in Leicester?

No
in london
Original post by techgeekx
Yes mate,it's the manager that i've been in contact with, it's an express store so it's easier to get hold of him, been told that all this malarky they are going through will be finalised and put to bed by the 25th March, guess I'll just have to wait :/

Hmmm I know there are some changes in the managerial structure going on in some stores so that might explain it. Good luck though!
Reply 1329
I've been called for induction around 9-5 (boring as hell). We where around 24 people doing induction because locals don't have tv or so inductions :tongue:. Anyway I was told where my store but i don't know what time/date to start!? Should i wait to be called? Or do I call him?
I applied for tootin but my workin store is in another near location :redface: when I was told. Anyway I kind like it when I went for work sample
I applied for a job and have been accepted it's been over 2 weeks and I am still swaying paperwork to come back? How long does thus process normally take? Then how long till I start job? Any help would be greatly appreciated
My checks took around 2-3weeks pal. Since it's been 2 weeks, it would be reasonable to give them a chase up call.
Hey guys, freaking out about my privilege card usage. I've let my boyfriend use my card once, so it won't be my debit card on file but his. Do they often check privilege card statements?
Hi, I'm considering applying for a job in a Tesco for a nightshift customer assistant role, Sunday and Monday 22:00-7:00. Could anybody tell me what the pay would be like for this role?

Original post by emmylemmy
Hi, I'm considering applying for a job in a Tesco for a nightshift customer assistant role, Sunday and Monday 22:00-7:00. Could anybody tell me what the pay would be like for this role?

So starting pay is £7 an hour.
As your hours are nights, you get night pay which I think is time and a half so you'd be on £10.50 an hour (not 100% sure)
Coupled with the fact you are working 2 hours on a Sunday again time and a half, you'd be on £14 an hour for those two hours

9 hour shifts have 1hr30 unpaid breaks, so in total you'll be paid for 15 hours work

(2x14) + (13x10.50) = £164.50 a week

I can't guarantee if it's 100% that but probably something around that figure
How long did it take for u to get your induction ? Because I had my interview almost a week ago but I still haven't got any call back for induction
Original post by showerhead33
Hey guys, freaking out about my privilege card usage. I've let my boyfriend use my card once, so it won't be my debit card on file but his. Do they often check privilege card statements?

I've seen people let their friends, family etc use it. Don't do it again cause the CA could decide to tell their manager and get you fired but they won't check your statement and it won't flag anything up. Don't worry about it.
Original post by JackkkkkM
So starting pay is £7 an hour.
As your hours are nights, you get night pay which I think is time and a half so you'd be on £10.50 an hour (not 100% sure)
Coupled with the fact you are working 2 hours on a Sunday again time and a half, you'd be on £14 an hour for those two hours

9 hour shifts have 1hr30 unpaid breaks, so in total you'll be paid for 15 hours work

(2x14) + (13x10.50) = £164.50 a week

I can't guarantee if it's 100% that but probably something around that figure

Sunday is Time and a Half and Night premium is £1.47 I think. It's not as much as time and a half for sure.
Original post by MrMackyTv
How old do I have to be to work at Tesco? And what's the usual salary?

you have to be 16 and salary for most is £7 an hour regardless of age (for a customer assistant. )
Original post by iJames55
you have to be 16 and salary for most is £7 an hour regardless of age (for a customer assistant. )

Thanks! Just have to wait just under 2 years then... :no:

Quick Reply