The Student Room Group

Anyone else feeling fed up sixth form now?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Besakt
I know what you mean, the last units in biology and chemistry are the most interesting but the lessons just feel like they go on and on.
I hate the non-stop UCAS and exams which I think is one of the reasons I feel this way. We've just got results and it's like we need to start revising again.

After the January exams, I got about half of February off from revision... but then the ISAs started up and as soon as they're over, it's straight onto revision for the summer exams. It's really depressing knowing that the next break I'll get won't be till the end of June.

Sometimes I wonder whether students are meant to be so miserable :o:
Reply 81
Original post by Accalia
After the January exams, I got about half of February off from revision... but then the ISAs started up and as soon as they're over, it's straight onto revision for the summer exams. It's really depressing knowing that the next break I'll get won't be till the end of June.

Sometimes I wonder whether students are meant to be so miserable :o:

^ Most definately.
same, and I haven't even got offers for uni yet either :| At least we're all in the same boat, sick of the pressure to do our best all the time, it's exhausting!
Reply 83
Damn sixth form!

I loved it until I realised that 4 A levels and a Pre-U was a STUPID decision to make!!!

Any prospective sixth form students reading this.. Don't do it! :frown: It kills you inside. One minute, you're loving life and doing fine, next minute, you're DROWNING. D: D: D:

Just take 3 A levels and a Pre-U instead. :frown:

WHYYYYYYYYYY DO I DO THIS TO MYSELF

^^classic example of aiming a little bit TOO high..
Reply 84
May I just provide some motivation here and say there's only a few days until two weeks off? YAY!
Original post by Doofy
May I just provide some motivation here and say there's only a few days until two weeks off? YAY!

Are you not on Easter already?
Reply 86
Original post by Doofy

I've got Easter holidays right now.

:tongue:
Wow, I thought that no one else was feeling like this :\ I'm so excited for University that I really am feeling a bit, well bleugh about it all. It seems like all finishing off and resits at the moment. After a batch of Biology ISAs, it's all boring now.

I'm doing Welsh Bac too. It's boring me to tears at the moment and just seems like its getting in the way of my other subjects. I'm already on As for my subjects so it's all a bit pointless.

I'm so excited times just going so slowly haha!
Reply 88
Original post by f1mad
I've got Easter holidays right now.

:tongue:

Lucky. I have 2 and a half days!
Reply 89
don`t care really universities to create new A-levels

If you are due to take your A-levels in 2016, your exams may be a bit harder
Original post by Doofy

I've been off since Wednesday :tongue:
Reply 91
I'm in my first year of sixth form, and it's great, but I get what you mean when you say it becomes a bit of a drag. We recently had a day off dedicated to university stuff - lectures etc. about different universities and what it's like there. Me and all my mates were going on about how awesome it sounds, and we genuinely can't wait to go.

I plan on dropping art next year, so that'll free up a lot of my time for my other subjects. (I say this, but I'm probably just gonna spend all my free periods playing pool :P) For you, you've only got a year left, so work hard and hopefully you'll get your desired grades and university of choice.
Reply 92
Looking forward to Uni... couldn't come any quicker.
Worked solidly yesterday and had forgotten how boring revising without distractions actually is :frown:
I'm feeling the same, and pretty much all my friends are as well. I'm bored of most of my classes, I don't really like the people there and we're all just waiting for exam leave to start so we never have to go back. We've had so many arguments in my group of friends as well, as we're such a big group, and I'm sick of all petty arguments and being stuck with a group of people who just make bitchy comments to each other - I just want a fresh start now!
I am finding it really hard to be motivated, especially in Economics, the poor result I got in March has just made me hate the subject even more...
Reply 95
I feel it's time for a change, it's starting to get a just a bit repetitive now. However in the past few weeks I've really started to look back on my 7 years at my school and think of how well it has served me and opened up new doors for me. Having been offered a place at a fantastic university is incentive to really go for those grades, and know that it's only a matter of a couple of months before everything really changes!
Original post by Cetacea
I feel it's time for a change, it's starting to get a just a bit repetitive now. However in the past few weeks I've really started to look back on my 7 years at my school and think of how well it has served me and opened up new doors for me. Having been offered a place at a fantastic university is incentive to really go for those grades, and know that it's only a matter of a couple of months before everything really changes!

RGS?
Original post by sarah1345
He's probably some geek who sits in his room and is going to study Maths at Imperial having gotten 5 A*s.

What's wrong with being intelligent, studying Maths, working hard and, probably, being on a path that would lead to a better future than yours?

Not defending that guy, though. Just stating my opinion about your statement.
I'm now in my first year and already frustrated :frown:
Well I'm in my first year of sixth form and already feels frustrated :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest