The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL?

I have just received my final uni offer from UCL. I had applied to study French and English BA, but due to the popularity of the course, they have offered me French BA, or French with another language of my choice. The offer is AAA. I've received five offers, but have narrowed it down to Exeter, Leeds and UCL. Exeter and Leeds have both offered me AAB for English and French. I am unsure as to whether I should accept UCL due to its academic excellence, or go for Exeter or Leeds as they have the course I originally chose. If anyone studying at one of these unis would be able to give me more of an insight into student life, courses etc I would be grateful. Thank you!
Original post by rosiedoo
I have just received my final uni offer from UCL. I had applied to study French and English BA, but due to the popularity of the course, they have offered me French BA, or French with another language of my choice. The offer is AAA. I've received five offers, but have narrowed it down to Exeter, Leeds and UCL. Exeter and Leeds have both offered me AAB for English and French. I am unsure as to whether I should accept UCL due to its academic excellence, or go for Exeter or Leeds as they have the course I originally chose. If anyone studying at one of these unis would be able to give me more of an insight into student life, courses etc I would be grateful. Thank you!

*Not a student/not into language subjects*
Personally, I'd choose UCL for the academic stuff. Of course it matters that you like what you're studying (btw, have you checked the courses' contents at all 3 unis? Might help you decide) but I'm sure someone who'd choose two languages would be content studying any language in general. This is just me, but assuming you're British, I'd actually be more enthusiastic to study to foreign languages than just one. Besides, you can always further study at home/go to classes outside your schedule.
On the other hand, if you're particularly keen to study these two, and consider it a priority to uni prestige/career opportunity/money, then you'll probably be better with the other two. *We're talking here about the chances of getting a good job, not saying that choosing Exeter couldn't get you one.*
Also, location should be a factor. London can be a great or nasty experience, depending on the person.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending