The Student Room Group

South Park Society! (free hat)

Welcome To The South Park Society!!

Clearly the funniest cartoon still being produced. And it keeps getting better. Progressing from the early Santa vs Jesus episodes (find them to download) to the brilliant series 10 with the rare 2 parter - "Cartoon Wars".

Discuss why South Park is better than Family Guy.
Discuss your favourite episode
Who is a better character? Cartman or Butters. Or other?

And much much more.

Founding Members:
Eskimo Melon
benisright.

Join the Society... http://thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=join&socid=338

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It was funny, and got stupid, ain't seen it in about 2 years :frown:

Miss it kind of. Is it ever on tv anymore? :confused:
Reply 2
So easy to download, its on Paramount.

It never got stupid. It got better.
I was bored wanted to watch something but couldnt find a download to it, so I watched a chinese movie instead with no subtitles n just staired but it was good! lool
Reply 4
A.ndrew

If anything, it got far better.
Reply 5
i only got uptp series 10 ep 7 havent been able to find any more for ages!!!
Last one i watched involved fighting in afghanistan, or it may have been the `bloody mary` episode....

Otherwise, ive pretty much seen all of them, other than the last 4-5 ish, approximately...
Reply 7
the cartoon wars was so funny, apart from CBS being stupid at the end blocking the actual image.
But man what a great couple of episodes!
Reply 8
Lemmiwinks! That's all I have to say, pure genius :biggrin:
Reply 9
addagrrr8
i only got uptp series 10 ep 7 havent been able to find any more for ages!!!

Thats cos they make 7. Then have a break. The next 7 will be back on in the US in October-ish. And hopefully with a Christmas Episode.

the cartoon wars was so funny, apart from CBS being stupid at the end blocking the actual image.
But man what a great couple of episodes!

So South Park responded with the Towelie episode. Which was a deliberately poor episode. Leeeegends.
Reply 10
Yeah, I watched the first few of season 10, up to the Towelie episode. The original Towelie episode from season 5 is one of my all time favourites, but dude, this one sucked big time. That's put me off season 10 now so I havn't watched any past that. Love Cartoon Wars though. "Kowabunga, Motha****a!"

But agreed, it wasn't "funny but got stupid", if anything it was "stupid but got funny", I used to love the old episodes, but since the newer seasons have come out, they've been so much funnier, and the style is so different it's not even really the same show anymore. The new ones are pretty much the sharpest political satire and social commentary around, as opposed to the earlier ones which were really just crude toilet humour. The seasons pretty much break down like this:

1-3: Toilet humour (but very funny toilet humour)
4-7: Ridiculous, crazy storylines with a bit of social commentary thrown in
8-10: Pretty much pure satire

5 and 6 are easily my favourites, as they combine the best of everything. I love them all though.
Reply 11
Towelie in season 10 was DELIBERATELY a bad episode. It was a protest against the censorship that had gone on the week before.

One of the many reasons i love South Park.
Reply 12
I usually like it when Matt and Trey do things like that, but that's just a bit stupid. It's not like it's really gonna damage the network's profits by making one bad episode, the only people who'll suffer from it are the fans who enjoy watching the show.
Reply 13
I loved it. It was so clever.
Reply 14
If you say so.

Anyway, what's everyones favourite episodes? As I said before, I love all of seasons 5 and 6, but if I had to pick some they'd be:

Critter Christmas
Towelie
Scott Tenorman Must Die
Cartmanland
Child Abduction is Not Funny
Red Sleigh Down
The Biggest Douche in the Universe
Cancelled
Asspen
A Ladder to Heaven
Reply 15
Scott Tenerman must die will always be my favourite episode i think.

Then Cartoon Wars.
Reply 16
The Passion Of the Jew
then
Scott Tenerman Must die
I dunno them by episode name, I just watch them on TV...

I like loads of them, especially the newer ones. :biggrin:
Reply 18
A.ndrew

Hasn't been on terrestrial for literally years unfortunately.

SP went from stupid fart and swearing gags to clever topical satire as time went on, and the new eps are still worth watching. It's very rare for a show to actually peak about 7 years after it's debut, but then SP was never a typical show
I love South Park, It's easily one of the funniest things on TV, if not THE funniest. The episodes get better every time I see them, I love the one where Gay weddings one :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending