The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

rizzyh
But are we getting Sol Campbell? Cos I wouldn't mind him

So your getting rid of one donkey boumsong to replace him with another donkey?
Reply 81
calderstonesLFC
So your getting rid of one donkey boumsong to replace him with another donkey?

Hes a better class of Donkey :wink:
Boumsong wouldn't look out of place on Blackpool beach ferrying around little kids up and down the plains all day.
Reply 83
Wasnt Klose meant to go to Spurs?
Reply 84
Sorry I got mixed up with Berbatov.
Na you're right, Klose was linked to Newcastle a couple of weeks ago I think, but nothing more came of it.
Reply 86
olliemccowan
Na you're right, Klose was linked to Newcastle a couple of weeks ago I think, but nothing more came of it.

Yeah he was.... damn we need a striker soon.

Roeder has said he expects Nicky Butt to be a big part of the team this season.

and our game against that latvian team has been switched to the capital and a bigger stadium
Reply 87
Nicky Butt better improve to prove he's still in the game.

We need a striker ASAP. Im impatient :mad:
Reply 88
dont u think a defender should be snapped up first.
Reply 89
Gallas wouldnt be bad but I highly doubt we can afford him :frown:
Reply 90
Vintage

Roeder has said he expects Nicky Butt to be a big part of the team this season.

Not holding my breath for that one.
Reply 91
Was anyone at the open training session this morning? Interesting to see, but the need for a striker becomes more and more apparent...they were practising crossing and finishing for about 20 mins with only the keeper as opposition and we scored 5 (Luque 2, Shola 3). Boumsong scored though. In a bib. When he was supposed to be defending. :rolleyes:
20% off though at the club shop and Shearers'. Nice gesture, Shepherd says it'll be an annnual thing
Reply 92
Felicity9
Was anyone at the open training session this morning? Interesting to see, but the need for a striker becomes more and more apparent...they were practising crossing and finishing for about 20 mins with only the keeper as opposition and we scored 5 (Luque 2, Shola 3). Boumsong scored though. In a bib. When he was supposed to be defending. :rolleyes:
20% off though at the club shop and Shearers'. Nice gesture, Shepherd says it'll be an annnual thing

I was going to go but then I had last minute things to sort for my hols so couldn't get there.

Did many turn out for it?
Reply 93
Would have gone, but only found out about it after I got home from town this morning:rolleyes:

On the striker front we've recently been linked with a 7mil bid for Empoli's Francesco Tavano. Mind you, Roeder's been playing down any rumours and I can't say he'd be worth anywhere near the 10mil Empoli are asking from him. The fact that Inter are interested is alarming enough (anyone who follows Italian football will know that Inter will buy any flavour-of-the-month player), although most of the papers seem to think that's a good thing.

I know Roeder keeps saying that he doesn't want to rush into buying anybody as there's still about a month left in the transfer window, but the Premiership starts on the 19th and its imperative that we get off to a good start this year.
Reply 94
lynseyweth
I was going to go but then I had last minute things to sort for my hols so couldn't get there.

Did many turn out for it?

Yeah, loads, they filled the gallowgate end and spilled round to the corners, even parts of the east stand
Where does N'Zogbia fit into this Newcastle side? I ask becasue he is in my fantasy football team, but wityh the arrival of Duff on the left will his first team opportunities be limited?
Reply 96
Nope NZogbia is a young exciting talent - Roeder wouldn't make him rot.
Reply 97
N'Zogbia is also well suited to a central midfield position and I actually believe that's where he's most effective. I think so far he's played mainly out wide as we didn't have any other viable options out there last season and because we had plenty in central midfield.
Reply 98
Marmotta
N'Zogbia is also well suited to a central midfield position and I actually believe that's where he's most effective. I think so far he's played mainly out wide as we didn't have any other viable options out there last season and because we had plenty in central midfield.

looking like were gonna sign Gravesen from R.Madrid. Selling Faye to Charlton aswell.

faye is crap gravesen is class.. but why are we making out midfield strong when our defence is very weak. and of course the striker problem.

Although Amoebi is on fire.
Reply 99
Vintage
looking like were gonna sign Gravesen from R.Madrid. Selling Faye to Charlton aswell.

faye is crap gravesen is class.. but why are we making out midfield strong when our defence is very weak. and of course the striker problem.

Although Amoebi is on fire.

Amoebi suffered everytime because he was generally paired with shearer, who for the past 2 seasons has bene pretty poor (zero pace, lakc of open play goals, not as good hold up play).

Amoebi has good finishing, and its improving and some of the best feet in the premiership to hold the ball up. I would place money on Ameobi to get 15-20 this season.

We need rid of babayaro as hes ****e, bring in a more experienced centre back (Sol, despite his problems of late is still one of the best centre backs around) to pair with Taylor/Bramble.