The Student Room Group

CRB Check - Has anyone had problems with a caution?

Scroll to see replies

I cannot understand why everybody is so caught up with the whole DBS thing, at 18 I was arrested and the case was a big case went to court, I got 2 years suspended, community service and legal costs I had to pay, 29 years later, every job I have applied that I need DBS check for nothing has ever show, then in 2008 I won a big case in medical negligence, DWP took me to court in overpayment of benefits even though the monies was put in trust for my son which is allowed, this did appear on DBS but still got the job.
Reply 161
Hi i was given a caution in 2007 which was 8 yrs ago, it still shows on my dbs? Which was last done july 2014, so how can burgarlars have theres removed from dbs when mine is not?
Original post by Tina110
Hi i was given a caution in 2007 which was 8 yrs ago, it still shows on my dbs? Which was last done july 2014, so how can burgarlars have theres removed from dbs when mine is not?

It depends on what it was for, some are never filtered.
Reply 163
Hi David Wacks

I was caught 8 months ago for theft in which people were called I was caution and charge to pay £100. Will it be on my Crb.

Ajoke
Reply 164
I was caught 8 months ago for theft in which people were called I was caution and charge to pay £100. Will it be on my Crb.Ajoke
Reply 165
I was caught 8 months ago for theft in which people were called I was caution and charge to pay £100. Will it be on my Crb.

A joke
I did a shoplifting offense in 1981and it still show on my DBS form. so yes what ever the criminal offense is it remain there for life.
Reply 167
Does a caution be on paper or have to sign any documents
(edited 8 years ago)
If that is the case and it's an admission of guilt then I hope it gets sorted out and a bit of normality Is put in place. I was arrested 4 years ago, it was a group of us and a wrong time wrong place situation. At the police station I was sleep deprived and later on when I was given my caution I did ask if it would effect my record (yes I was clueless) they informed me it would not. So by what your saying I have now admitted to something I had no participation in. This country can be a bit docile though so it does not suprise me. Fortunately all the checks that have been done on me (which is annually) this has not been flagged up so it does restore a little faith :-)
Hello Littlejonesy

Just to answer your question, I have recieved a caution and it clearly shows on my crb and yes it has affected my chances of continueing my current career and getting further jobs over the last 4 years now. the caution I stupidly accepted without thinking was to do with a relationship issue where my ex maliciously reported me to the police for harrassing her.

Despite having achieved a University degree in Marketing and Economics, A degree in mental health nursing and a mastersdegree in medical precribing, that caution has ruined the career I had built up over the years, my professional body the NMC, refused to re-register me, despite serving as a nurse and rising to nurse manager and being an expectional practitioner, all that has gone throgh the window and I am now having to take on manual jobs at the bottom of the job scale. in other words I use to earn close to £39000 per annum now Ill be lucy to earn £14000 per annum. I have spent so much in appeals but nothing came out of it. so yes depending on your job or the job/career and the nature of your caution it will affect your your job as employers judge you on whats on your crb and not any positive achievements you probably had acheived prior to the caution.

Perfectstranger21
Reply 170
Original post by Goodman01
Hello Littlejonesy

Just to answer your question, I have recieved a caution and it clearly shows on my crb and yes it has affected my chances of continueing my current career and getting further jobs over the last 4 years now. the caution I stupidly accepted without thinking was to do with a relationship issue where my ex maliciously reported me to the police for harrassing her.

Despite having achieved a University degree in Marketing and Economics, A degree in mental health nursing and a mastersdegree in medical precribing, that caution has ruined the career I had built up over the years, my professional body the NMC, refused to re-register me, despite serving as a nurse and rising to nurse manager and being an expectional practitioner, all that has gone throgh the window and I am now having to take on manual jobs at the bottom of the job scale. in other words I use to earn close to £39000 per annum now Ill be lucy to earn £14000 per annum. I have spent so much in appeals but nothing came out of it. so yes depending on your job or the job/career and the nature of your caution it will affect your your job as employers judge you on whats on your crb and not any positive achievements you probably had acheived prior to the caution.

Perfectstranger21

How long ago was this? New laws were introduced in May 2013 to irradicate issues such as yours. The CRB has been replaced with DBS and is alot different. Look into it, your problem may have gone now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When I was 17 I had the misfortune of someone complaining to the police about sexual activity in a car between me and a friend. This was not the case. Problem is the police took my name address checked my friends details name address regarding the car etc. I think he mentioned a warning not sure exactly but I was so scared I just said okay.

Now im not sure at all nothing else was examined I received no correspondence on paper my parents were not told either so was this a warning or not? Im not sure what it was? will it come up on a crb? I didn't admit to any guilt since I hadn't done anything! I didn't even know something llike that was an offence so Im really worried about this considering i didn't think anything of it. Now I am 22 and I had forgotten entirely about this incident and did not disclose it on a crb form thinking oh no I haven't got a criminal history. But suddenly this occurred to me that was this an actual warning or not? Was I supposed to disclose this, I repeat I honestly didn't think anything about it as it's been around 5 years I think. I was 17 or 18 at the time. Please help me get rid of this confusion someone!
Reply 172
Original post by chocoholic786
When I was 17 I had the misfortune of someone complaining to the police about sexual activity in a car between me and a friend. This was not the case. Problem is the police took my name address checked my friends details name address regarding the car etc. I think he mentioned a warning not sure exactly but I was so scared I just said okay.

Now im not sure at all nothing else was examined I received no correspondence on paper my parents were not told either so was this a warning or not? Im not sure what it was? will it come up on a crb? I didn't admit to any guilt since I hadn't done anything! I didn't even know something llike that was an offence so Im really worried about this considering i didn't think anything of it. Now I am 22 and I had forgotten entirely about this incident and did not disclose it on a crb form thinking oh no I haven't got a criminal history. But suddenly this occurred to me that was this an actual warning or not? Was I supposed to disclose this, I repeat I honestly didn't think anything about it as it's been around 5 years I think. I was 17 or 18 at the time. Please help me get rid of this confusion someone!

Details of what happened in the car is needed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T.I.P
Details of what happened in the car is needed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why is that needed? we were parked in an area near to college waiting for a friend to finish. There was no sexual activity involved! We were both fully clothed but someone didn't like the fact that we were parked waiting there. I should add people from that area previously hadn't been very nice on racial/religious grounds to me either.

I didn't think it mattered since we were parked near the college I was actually really surprised when the police turned up. we did tell the police officer that we were just waiting but my point is will this come up on a crb even though it's been 5 years and I was 17 and I'm unsure whether it was even a warning considering I wasn't given any correspondence no parents involved.
Has anyone applied to uni with a community resolution? I want to be s doctor or snd engineer and I made the stupid mistake of shoplifting last year. My grandad had died and I was in a very bad place and that doesn't make up for it at all but I'm now worried my whole life is ruined as i will never succeed in getting a job. Someone please help, she'd light if you've ever had a community resolution order and applied for uni any course or job requiring an enhanced dbs check. How did employers/ uni react? Did you have to declare it? Has anyone had success appealing against this/ getting police t remove it from PNC ?? I was 15 at the time and I am now 16, it has been just over 5 months.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 175
Hi I was offered a contract for a teaching post 2 weeks ago after working on supply at a school for 8 months. However the new head of 1 month has now took the contract away and took the supply post off me as there is a section 39 caution on my CRB from July 2013- is this legal or ethical ?
Reply 176
Original post by Ivora66
Hi I was offered a contract for a teaching post 2 weeks ago after working on supply at a school for 8 months. However the new head of 1 month has now took the contract away and took the supply post off me as there is a section 39 caution on my CRB from July 2013- is this legal or ethical ?

Not sure what section 39 includes.. what did you actually do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi there I received a simple caution my girlfriend works as a foster carer and now with this simple caution hanging over me would I be able to live with her if she worked with adults . Would be most grateful for any advise because this is affecting us both. I don't live with my girlfriend but we would like to one day sooner rather than later thou. Any advise would be great thank you .
Original post by Ivora66

A quick Google suggests Section 39 covers assault, so yes, it was both legal and 'ethical' assuming by that you mean what educators do these checks for. You are likely to struggle to get any job in education with a report of assault in a DBS return unless it is very, very old.
Original post by Steve1927
Hi there I received a simple caution my girlfriend works as a foster carer and now with this simple caution hanging over me would I be able to live with her if she worked with adults . Would be most grateful for any advise because this is affecting us both. I don't live with my girlfriend but we would like to one day sooner rather than later thou. Any advise would be great thank you .

You need to check what the rules are about the household of employees. Some jobs - and from memory I think it is working with children under the age of 8, not sure any adults, even if vulnerable, are included - require all householders to be checked as well. There is a lot of debate if this is a law that is going to survive, it does seem to take things beyond the realm of the reasonable.

However, the fostering is likely to be much more of an issue. It will depend what the caution was for, but it might well be an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending