University of Glasgow
Visit website

Glasgow Accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else going for Cairncross??
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Can anyone tell me do fees for accommodation come out monthly or per term?
Murano or Queen Margaret?
Hi! I think I might be too :smile: I was worried because I hadn't heard of anyone else there :O
Original post by RobynHunter
Hi,

Just firmed my offer to study law at Glasgow starting in Sept 2015 and I'm having the seemingly routine minor breakdown over picking accommodation :tongue: I'm not exactly crazy wild party chick but I enjoy going out and having a drink with friends.

I was looking at QM as my first choice and then debating between Cairncross and the Student Apts, anyone got any information that could help me argue these two out?

-R x

hiya! I'm pretty much in the exact same boat :smile: I went for student apartments on the end, what did you decide?
Hi :smile:

Where is the best accommodation for an Irish girl going to cale?
Original post by AmyB97
I got into queen Margaret residence but the entry date is like two weeks after my course starts, anyone know what I can do about this?

contact them and it's possible they'll let you move in earlier, but you'll have to pay extra
Hey I'm hopefully going to be starting philosophy and Spanish next year and I've applied for Murano accomodation.

I know people in Murano at the minute and also in Queen Margaret; apparently Queen Margaret is super nice and really nice rooms and all but smaller apartments and apparently the craic is better at Murano.

It's not as spacious or en suite like Queen Margaret but apparently it's the best for getting to know people in first year and all, and my friend said once she moved to Queen Margaret in her second year, she actually missed the banter in Murano.

Hope to see you there :smile:
Anyone know the best place to stay if you doing nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kirstyboobyer
Anyone know the best place to stay if you doing nursing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya, im doing diability nursing in cale and staying in buchanan view :smile:
I'm an incoming exchange student and have accepted an unconditional offer to study at Glasgow University for semester 1 (starting in September 2015). I need to apply for accommodation and was wondering if someone could please outline the differences in terms of social life and quality of the rooms (or lack of). I'm more interested in the self catered houses.
Cairncross House

Firhill Court

Murano Street Student Village

Queen Margaret Residences

Student Apartments

Winton Drive

Thanks in advance!
Original post by Andread14
Hiya, im doing diability nursing in cale and staying in buchanan view :smile:

I'm staying there too :3
Original post by ThatDamnTrain
I'm an incoming exchange student and have accepted an unconditional offer to study at Glasgow University for semester 1 (starting in September 2015). I need to apply for accommodation and was wondering if someone could please outline the differences in terms of social life and quality of the rooms (or lack of). I'm more interested in the self catered houses.
Cairncross House

Firhill Court

Student Apartments

Winton Drive

Thanks in advance!

All of them are pretty overpriced... I've been told Murano is a party sh*thole. I know most people want to stay at Queen Margaret.
hey, I'm a first year student and I have just been offered student apartment accommodation!

I'm happy, but my one worry is that student apartments will be unbearably dull.

Anybody have an stories/experiences about student apartments and what the overall atmosphere is like?
So my accomodation is firhill court, anyone on here in firhill court too that is studying psychology/ chemistry? (My official course subject and hopefully one of my other modules)
Original post by aoifemaguire
Hey I'm hopefully going to be starting philosophy and Spanish next year and I've applied for Murano accomodation.

I know people in Murano at the minute and also in Queen Margaret; apparently Queen Margaret is super nice and really nice rooms and all but smaller apartments and apparently the craic is better at Murano.

It's not as spacious or en suite like Queen Margaret but apparently it's the best for getting to know people in first year and all, and my friend said once she moved to Queen Margaret in her second year, she actually missed the banter in Murano.

Hope to see you there :smile:

Had a few friends staying at Muranos, pretty chaotic, really noisy and a bit of dump. However if u want to go to lots of parties, that's the place to go :nutcase:.

One of my friends stayed there for a few weeks, got sick of all the noise and never having a good night sleep, so moved back home and now commutes a couple hours a day.

Other friends absolute loved the place, mainly because of all of the banter -craic- and parties.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ThatDamnTrain
Cairncross House
Firhill Court
Student Apartment
Winton Drive

Thanks in advance!

Cairncross House: I don't know much about it if I'm honest...
Firhill Court: Freaking overpriced but better than Murano - it's close to Murano so both get kinda mixed up when there's a flat party.
Murano Street Student Village: Dump for what you pay, can't sleep, shared areas are complete and utter sh*t and it's so noisy it's impossible to sleep sometimes. But lot of parties.
Queen Margaret Residences: Apparently good. Never been there.
Student Apartments: Not that expensive, great location but a huge meh. However, you're close to gorgeous areas, clubs, coffee shops... The entrance is beautiful, does it help?
Winton Drive: where???? :ahee:
Original post by rachelsmith1411
Anyone else going for Cairncross??

My first choice, but I have a conditional so I'm not sure if there will be any rooms left when we get our results

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Emilyd1997
I got an offer for Firhill Court today! 😊 I put it as my first choice though! 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied to firhill court buy I've got a conditional for Glasgow university so won't hear back till August. However it looks really good with good facilities
Reply 2139
Hi, does anyone know how long it takes for the uni to get back with an offer of accommodation? I've got an unconditional and I applied over a month ago but still haven't gotten anything... wondering if that's normal?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending