The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

underage students

I'm going to study at the University of Glasgow as a school leaver and will be 17 for the first few months. I was wondering whether there are many underage students at the university. Are many students school leavers? Does being under 18 significantly affect your student life or is it nothing to worry about?
Original post by misanasim
I'm going to study at the University of Glasgow as a school leaver and will be 17 for the first few months. I was wondering whether there are many underage students at the university. Are many students school leavers? Does being under 18 significantly affect your student life or is it nothing to worry about?

I was 17 when I started studying at Strath, most of my friends were, a lot of people who leave from Scottish schools are. Especially since we can leave after S5. One of my friends was 16!

But it's nothing to worry about, you can still get into the union at freshers (if they haven't changed the rules I know at Strath we could) we just got a wristband saying we were under 18!

Also I made most of my friends from socs rather than nights out so it's nothing to worry about :biggrin:
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Yeah a lot of people I know where still 17 during Freshers week and some up until January. You'll be fine, most scottish student will be 17/18, eith some others being older but generally most students are aged 18/19/20

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's mildly irritating for a few weeks, but you'll forget almost immediately.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending