The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

vodkaandice
Oxford to win the conference @ 6-1 has to be a good bet

Yeah i would think so with Jim Smith in charge
Reply 841
Did Horsfield have a good game then? I saw the goal on SSN last night.

Gem

The goal was very nicely taken, but Horsfield didn't do too much other than that. In a game in which our midfield dominated and there was service, his job, to make his presence felt in and around the area and to hold the ball up where necessary wasn't really done very well I didn't think.

But you can't complain with a goal, that's what strikers are for. We have Blake being wasted on the bench who would walk into any other championship team and a few in the prem also, so to be honest I don't think KB recongizes talent when he sees it.
AAJ1
The goal was very nicely taken, but Horsfield didn't do too much other than that. In a game in which our midfield dominated and there was service, his job, to make his presence felt in and around the area and to hold the ball up where necessary wasn't really done very well I didn't think.

But you can't complain with a goal, that's what strikers are for. We have Blake being wasted on the bench who would walk into any other championship team and a few in the prem also, so to be honest I don't think KB recongizes talent when he sees it.

Yes..always liked Blake more than Hulse and Healy myself. :rolleyes:

Gem
Carl1982
Yeah i would think so with Jim Smith in charge

Have they signed anyone though? In the game against us last year, they fought bloody hard but seemed to lack quality. And I'm of the opinion that top end of Conference is a lot better than bottom end League Two. I think play offs for them.
Charlottie
I reckon Sheffield United ticket prices are pretty decent. It's cheaper to get an adult season ticket on the kop at the Lane than it is to get one on the kop at Millmoor.

Hey guys. Someone negative repped me for the above post without giving reason. Now, it doesn't mean anything to reputation weight, but I'm completely stumped as to why and I'd like to know, so if the person wouldn't mind would you tell me please?
In another more on-topic news, Rotherham United have had a slow start to the season. The first game was appalling, the team didn't look like, well, a team, they lacked desire and never looked like getting anything. Brighton similarly didn't look too hot, and the game played out like a boring 0-0 draw except for one moment of brilliance (coupled with poor defending, but it was a good goal nonetheless) which explains the Brighton win. The scoreline of the second game (3-0 Huddersfield away) tells a story of a team hammered but Rotherham were not. We went behind to a dodgy penalty, conceded an equally dodgy free kick which (well executed) brought the second goal, and the third was a moment of brilliance. We had more chances and more possession, we played good football but we just couldn’t score. One off the line, one off the bar and far too many over the top. Scorelines are statistics which cannot tell the whole story. Blackpool today…
Orient beat Bournemouth 3-2 with an injury time winner, so 6 points from 9 is a good start! I see Millwall got hammered 5-1 at Chesterfield.

"Championship? You're having a laugh! Championship, you'rw having a laugh!"
Reply 847
3-1 :biggrin: maybe well get going now....
We beat Luton 3-2 at Carrow Road, Thanks to 3 goals in 13 minutes from Hucks, Earnie and Croft.

Come on you yellows!!!
Finally a goal! And a win! Oh Will Hoskins. Now will the manager get the picture and start him?
Woooo Super Saddlers ^_^ I'm so glad Dean Keates is back with us. I know it's early days but it'll be dire if we don't go straight back up.
Charlottie
Hey guys. Someone negative repped me for the above post without giving reason. Now, it doesn't mean anything to reputation weight, but I'm completely stumped as to why and I'd like to know, so if the person wouldn't mind would you tell me please?

:eek:
God knows why. :rolleyes:

Gem
Coventy 0 Leicester 0 latest on Sky Sports 3, leicester are dominating
Reply 853
0-0. how did we fail to score :frown:
Nooooo, Orient losing 1-0 at Carlisle. :frown: COME ON YOU O'S!!
Final score 3-1 Carlisle. Oh well. Not looking too good for Sunderland either!
Alex Mann
Final score 3-1 Carlisle. Oh well. Not looking too good for Sunderland either!

We got spanked but at least Super Lee Steele scored. I rate Carlisle very highly. Hawley and Bridges is a great partnership and are one of the best in the Football League I reckon. Mackie seems to be a bit jaded, hasn't impressed at all so far but glad to see both our strikers hitting form...
The thing with Mackie, is he needs a confident quick centre back next to him. When he played with White and other lumberjacks he was ****e, but as soon as he was paired with Zakuani the guy looked invincible. This season he started off with Partridge who was, basically, useless! And Clayton Fortune has looked okay but still not entirely settled.

And yes, Super Lee Steele! 4 goals in 4 games...I think he is the leagues top scorer so far, which is a lovely pleasant surprise. I'm not too worried, as 2 wins out of 4 is form we will be happy with all season. I guess it just feels weird because we are used to winning 2 out of 3 and drawing the third, and now we're having to re-align our hopes slightly.
So did the dingles enjoy being done over by an ex rover on the weekend then? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 859
They're still 7th in the league, where are Blackburn again? :wink::hugs:

Latest