The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

hes been banned again!
so is it still possible to join then?
again!?? poor thing!
ROFL howd he get banned this time?
iceman_jondoe

no idea. he got band and didn't appoint a co-leader. i could have acceoted dozens of people!
Reply 145
iceman_jondoe

for what things can you get banned for? what did he do last time?
Phoenix Dioxide
hes been banned again!

Though he was "temporarily banned" yesterday...so at least we know he's coming back this time.
A metal and non metal were at a party
metal says: I think I've lost an electron
Non-metal says:Are you sure?
metal says:yes
Non-metal says:h:ow sure?
metal says: I'm Postive!!!
Reply 148
Haha, normally I hate science related jokes as well.
Dhesi
Haha, normally I hate science related jokes as well.

i remeber in the old GCSE Chemistry for you text book. I don't know if it was supposed to be a joke, but it went along the lines that 'Cations are Pussy-tive'

i tell you what though! that still comes in handy to this day! :biggrin:
studentforever
A metal and non metal were at a party
metal says: I think I've lost an electron
Non-metal says:Are you sure?
metal says:yes
Non-metal says:h:ow sure?
metal says: I'm Postive!!!

:rolleyes: lol
whats worse.. last year we were doin an expriment in the chemistry lab and it required that we warm the test tubes in a water bath.. so the teacher got this electrical sort of machine with holes in it to put the test tubes in.. he filled the inside part with water and switched it on.. and told us that its ready for use. everyone put the test tubes in... but no reaction happened.
The teacher was like.. "the process may take time...."
we waited for like 30 minutes and nothing happened
then the teachers like "Oh silly me, i forgot to plug it in"
what a complete idiot!!
:lolz:! We were doing crystallisation with a Buchner funnel - I connected the tube the wrong way round, the water (and air) ended up being sucked into the funnel and we flooded the whole bench with a (very dilute) solution of potassium compounds. Whoops.
Phoenix Dioxide
i remeber in the old GCSE Chemistry for you text book. I don't know if it was supposed to be a joke, but it went along the lines that 'Cations are Pussy-tive'

i tell you what though! that still comes in handy to this day! :biggrin:

;thumbsup; Yeah I remember the GCSE "Chemistry/Biology/Physics for You" text books having loads of jokes in them. What about CGP revision guides? Were their jokes any good at all? I haven't used one for three years.
Reply 154
good luck to everyone for their results which are out soon :frown:
firestone
;thumbsup; Yeah I remember the GCSE "Chemistry/Biology/Physics for You" text books having loads of jokes in them. What about CGP revision guides? Were their jokes any good at all? I haven't used one for three years.

i have the latest bio one for Alevel... its kinda lame!! i dunno if im gonna get the chemistry one.. ill only buy it if my school textbook fails to make me understand!!
morgo
good luck to everyone for their results which are out soon :frown:

Thank you, you too! Good luck everyone! :smile:
I certainly need a lot of luck, especially for biology...:frown:
lebanon4ever
i have the latest bio one for Alevel... its kinda lame!! i dunno if im gonna get the chemistry one.. ill only buy it if my school textbook fails to make me understand!!

But will CGP revision guides actually explain anything? :p:
I think that Letts is really good, because it highlights what you really need to know, and explains the theory really well - in my opinion anyway. :biggrin:
CGP were shocking for jokes! they were revison guides equvilent of your 50 year old uncle trying to be cool!
Reply 158
I got an A for higher chemistry woo hooo. If your interested my results were:

Chemistry: A
Physics: A
Maths: A
Computing: A
English: B

Im appealing the english since I had A's for everything all year so it will eventually be AAAAA.
Reply 159
^^ Wow Well Done Dead nervous about mine thought chem was quite hard this year still hoping for an A got a very high B last year

Latest