The Student Room Group

Edexcel Drama and Theatre Unit 4

Scroll to see replies

I thought that was nice to be fair! I always do reverse order for exam so C, B then A.

Finished C in 40 Mins
Finished B in 80 Mins
Finished Aa and Ab, started but didn't finish Ac in time! Ah well!
Ended up using 2 add on pages! 😳

Was shocked how well it went to be fair!
Reply 381
How did you think it went? Section A was awful for me 😨
I did the same; Section C (55 mins), B (55 mins) A(40mins) struggled the most with Section A, thought they were very harsh on those questions especially with the stage directions....Section A is my weakest out of all of them anyway, it's just so hard to tell if you've done well or not in this course:frown:
Reply 383
Original post by sarabevan
I did the same; Section C (55 mins), B (55 mins) A(40mins) struggled the most with Section A, thought they were very harsh on those questions especially with the stage directions....Section A is my weakest out of all of them anyway, it's just so hard to tell if you've done well or not in this course:frown:

I feel exactly the same!! Wtf was Section A Question B?? It was so hard!
Were we allowed to have a pre set answer for section B in our scripts? I've heard some people say we are and others say we weren't?!
Original post by Kieran Kelly
Were we allowed to have a pre set answer for section B in our scripts? I've heard some people say we are and others say we weren't?!

What like written?
Original post by fanoula
What like written?

yes. I know we were allowed as many notes as we wanted in our Lysistrata scripts...so I was wondering whether I could have put a full answer in?
yes. I know we were allowed as many notes as we wanted in our Lysistrata scripts...so I was wondering whether I could have put a full answer in?

Ehh I don't really know, did you not ask your teacher beforehand?
Original post by fanoula
Ehh I don't really know, did you not ask your teacher beforehand?

I did...I guess we'll just have to wait and see haha
Did anyone do the unseen paper, if yes what genre did you portray it as?

That would be a definite no... :/ you can have no full sentences in your script, you aren't even allowed anything resembling an essay plan / structure, so having an entire essay written out definitely breaks the rules... I'm really sorry to say this but if you did that edexcel might disqualify your whole paper :/ our teacher checked through our scripts a few days before and made one person rip out a note page that had a few too many long sentences on it
Did anyone else do Lysistrata and Othello??? :smile:
Hi - I know this was a long time ago for you now but I was wondering if you could remember what the Lysistrata extract was? I'm trying to do some predicting for my exam as to what will come up but I don't have access to the 2015 paper. Thanks :smile:
You can get the paper here, hope it helps.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A-Level/Drama-and-Theatre-Studies/2013/Exam-materials/6DR04_01_que_20150615.pdf

Most bizarre selection I think Edexcel have ever made!
Reply 394
Original post by magicalyoghurt
Anyone doing Woyzeck? Trying to come up with some section A rehearsal techniques here lols :smile:

I'm doing Woyzeck for Section A, the best thing to do is you should have gone through the script and evaluated the characters and storyline, as well as your own ideas on how to perform/portray your overall interpretation. That will link to the rehearsal techniques you do. The questions will be on the following:
Relationships
Characterisation
Stage space
Stage directions
Transitions
Verbal communication
Non-verbal communication

You then have to relate it to the extract given, for example 'Explore the relationship between Marie and Woyzeck within Scene 10'. As for actual rehearsal techniques, that one I cannot help with, however whatever you come up with, as long as you justify it with examples you'll get the marks. (That includes the 4 marker!)
Hope that helped
Anyone have any good rehearsal techniques for section A? I'm doing Woyzeck but they're all applicable. I have a good list of rehearsal techniques, but the more the better!
Original post by CharlyMim
Anyone have any good rehearsal techniques for section A? I'm doing Woyzeck but they're all applicable. I have a good list of rehearsal techniques, but the more the better!

Hey! I'd love to swap rehearsal techniques with you. I'm also doing woyzeck.
Section A is my worst, averaging at a 14/20
anyone doing dr faustus???
does anyone here have some directors interpretations and exemplars for woyzeck?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending