The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

DBAN.

1 pass is sufficient. Don't waste your time.
Original post by Mad Vlad
DBAN.

1 pass is sufficient. Don't waste your time.

Yeah that's what I settled on, cheers :yy:
I have to say, I am amazed that a thread of mine is still stickied in Tech, 7 years later. I'm also amazed (although maybe I shouldn't be?) that some of the guys from back then are still around... What a nostalgia trip this is.
Original post by omicronlyrae
I have to say, I am amazed that a thread of mine is still stickied in Tech, 7 years later. I'm also amazed (although maybe I shouldn't be?) that some of the guys from back then are still around... What a nostalgia trip this is.

Oh hai :awesome:
Oh hai :awesome:

:zomg: (Do the old smileys still work I wonder...?)

EDIT: Yay! :cube:

EDIT2: awesome!
:zomg: (Do the old smileys still work I wonder...?)

EDIT: Yay! :cube:

EDIT2: awesome!

Yes they do hehe. How are you doing?
Yes they do hehe. How are you doing?

I'm very good! Busy. All the busyness. But very good =D What about yourself ?
I'm very good! Busy. All the busyness. But very good =D What about yourself ?

Yeah, I'm alright thank you, on a very well deserved 2 weeks off work. :smile: What are you up to these days?
Working a lot! I have a very busy job which requires a lot of travelling for work, so I'm rarely in the UK at the moment..!
Working a lot! I have a very busy job which requires a lot of travelling for work, so I'm rarely in the UK at the moment..!

That's cool. Anywhere fun and exciting? I used to have a role quite similar as a cyber security consultant for a large US defence contractor, but the international travel component drove me insane; especially when it led me to places that I really did not want to go to. So I sacked it off and now work in the video games industry as a cyber security SME. :biggrin:
That's cool. Anywhere fun and exciting? I used to have a role quite similar as a cyber security consultant for a large US defence contractor, but the international travel component drove me insane; especially when it led me to places that I really did not want to go to. So I sacked it off and now work in the video games industry as a cyber security SME. :biggrin:

I've been to various places in Europe, Africa, and the ME. Some awesome, others very much not. But I sill love the travel. I imagine in a few years I'll probably get sick of it, but for now it's all good..!
Original post by G8D
Lol?

You can remove the question mark, it's definitely lol.
Original post by G8D
Any insight as to why sites have specific password lengths? I just signed up to a site requiring 6-10 characters. I understand minimums but not maximums.

Also my ISP demands passwords begin with a letter?

Do these precautions make passwords safer? Lol?

Usually when they ask you for specific characters from your password instead of the full password. Worryingly, that usually means that the actual full password is stored in a reversibly encrypted format or worse, in plaintext.

Your ISP is ridiculous.

They do not.
Original post by G8D
Not sure how i feel about black links on Google...

What's a black link?
Original post by G8D
Links are black instead of blue now.

Everything's still blue for me :3

I'm still seeing blue links on the google app, mobile browsers and desktop browsers, what's that you're using there? :3
Original post by G8D
That's just the mobile site. I see it on desktop as well.

No idea.

But trust me, the day they change hyperlink colours from blue officially, we'll hear about it.
Is password length not irrelevant for storage when you (should) only store the hash anyway?
My links are still blue

Latest

Trending

Trending