The Student Room Group

When will I hear?

Worked as a carer for a year. Have DDD Bec level 3 but in drama. All GCSEs grade c expect for mathematics which is functional skills level 2. Only submitted ucas application yesterday day before deadline but how long before I hear back and do I have a good chance of getting an interview? Thank you!
Original post by Dee330
Worked as a carer for a year. Have DDD Bec level 3 but in drama. All GCSEs grade c expect for mathematics which is functional skills level 2. Only submitted ucas application yesterday day before deadline but how long before I hear back and do I have a good chance of getting an interview? Thank you!

If you applied in extra, then generally its unlikely that theres tonnes of places left for September at this point so you might if you do get an interview you d probably get offered 2016 instead (theres like 10 applicants to every place) . It depends on the uni, when i applied in the normal ucas cycle, one uni took 24 hours, others took a month and salford took 2 months and still nothing so i withdrew. It sounds like you have good care experience but not sure what they ll feel about having a btec in drama, unis could wonder why you didnt choose to do one in health and social care.
Reply 2
Yeah knew I was pushing it applying so late but wasn't sure I was going to get my maths. Do you think maybe they'd push me onto the feb intake in 2016. I'd be happy to wait a year along as I knew I had a place x thanks
Original post by Dee330
Yeah knew I was pushing it applying so late but wasn't sure I was going to get my maths. Do you think maybe they'd push me onto the feb intake in 2016. I'd be happy to wait a year along as I knew I had a place x thanks

thats very possible that they could have space on feb instead of september.
Reply 4
Original post by Dee330

Nobody on this forum can tell you how long it will take for you to hear or whether you'll get an interview. It's down to the admissions departments of each individual university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending