The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
oh gosh! im thinking - top hat, suspenders, jump suit, green gloves and purple boots!? sure to make an impression..

I have no idea.. probs going to be a spur of the moment decision every morning! and i'm sooo not used to the cold weather so keeping warm is a major factor to me.. and yes UK summer's are included in my idea of cold weather, it maybe summer but its not quite hot (well.. maybe minus the heat wave atm.. haha)

mel x
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 21
I think those clothes would look hot on a girl. Especially if you have a good tan :smile:
mel18
oh gosh! im thinking - top hat, suspenders, jump suit, green gloves and purple boots!? sure to make an impression..

I have no idea.. probs going to be a spur of the moment decision every morning! and i'm sooo not used to the cold weather so keeping warm is a major factor to me.. and yes UK summer's are included in my idea of cold weather, it maybe summer but its not quite hot (well.. maybe minus the heat wave atm.. haha)

mel x

Should have gone further south its warmer than up north lol, but im guessing nothing on dubai lol. I walk around with my ski jacket it seems to rain all the time in Sheff and is freezing most of the time. :biggrin:
Reply 23
Tractor-girlie
Should have gone further south its warmer than up north lol, but im guessing nothing on dubai lol. I walk around with my ski jacket it seems to rain all the time in Sheff and is freezing most of the time. :biggrin:

Yeah well at least im further south than Newcastle where im originally from.. cuz thats colddd! and thanks for that comment there.. guna have to get myself a ski style jacket, extra padded and extra fleecy please! oh n some wellies.. yay! cuz just my luck it will rain, constantly!

but no - its got nothing on the 41 degrees C here in Dubai! altho its actually toooo hot most of the time..

mel x
mel18
Yeah well at least im further south than Newcastle where im originally from.. cuz thats colddd! and thanks for that comment there.. guna have to get myself a ski style jacket, extra padded and extra fleecy please! oh n some wellies.. yay! cuz just my luck it will rain, constantly!

but no - its got nothing on the 41 degrees C here in Dubai! altho its actually toooo hot most of the time..

mel x

Always wanted to go to Dubai, do you live there? Whats it like?
:biggrin:
Reply 25
Tractor-girlie
Always wanted to go to Dubai, do you live there? Whats it like?
:biggrin:

Yeuppp i've just moved here from Malaysia where i used to live.. its quite nice from what i've seen - only been here a week now tho. its dusty with all the sand n damn hot! omg.. like 20mins in the sun is about all i can handle.. haha! and ive lived in the heat all my life.

mel x
.. like 20mins in the sun is about all i can handle

20 mins :biggrin: wow your brave lol!! You leaving Dubai for uni this yr mel?
Reply 27
f_debelder
20 mins :biggrin: wow your brave lol!! You leaving Dubai for uni this yr mel?

haha yeah i am indeed.. altho only just moved here from Malaysia like a week ago so.. take it ur living in dubai now then?

mel x
Reply 28
Common the girls, as a lad what do you rekon?

Day: Jeans/casual pants/combats
Jumpers/t-shirts
Trainers

Night: Jeans/smarter t-shirt/shirts
Tan shoes

Would I get away with pinstripe trousers, tan shoes, white shirt and black tie :wink:?
Reply 29
What an odd array of colours...
Reply 30
Creepy
What an odd array of colours...

lol who me?

seriously though BLACK SHIRT, BLUE JEANS, TAN SHOES is cool! Try it bro!
Reply 31
im not a fan of tan shoes personally, i have done black shoes, black trousers, black shirt and white tie before tho... That looked mafia heh... I have never seen black & blue as being a good combo though?
Reply 32
Creepy
im not a fan of tan shoes personally, i have done black shoes, black trousers, black shirt and white tie before tho... That looked mafia heh... I have never seen black & blue as being a good combo though?

Lmao that is true Mafia! I might give it a go!

Tan shoes is becoming pretty common, might go dark brown or something..

I dunno btw, I meant dark blue jeans and tan shoes..light blue looked abit weird!

Get us talking about colour combinations! sound like right gurls
Reply 33
umm yeh im not such a fan of the tan shoes and black shirt with jeans.. black and brown cannot.. and yes neither does blue and black..

pinstripe trousers, black shoes, white shirt and black tie - now in my opinion that wud work.. but i am impressed with this colour combinations convo u have going on here haha..

mel x
Reply 34
Haha yea, people are gonna start thinking we're gay soon. I'm gonna try loadsa variety of clothes in Freshers Week. What's the worst that could happen? :P

I'm considering dressing up as a girl for one of the fancy dress nights... (talk about gay, Hah!)
hallam_hunni
i would advise that you dont wear trainers to go out in. Most clubs, and some bars dont allow anyone in trainers, hoodies, caps, or football shirts

what since when?

i ALWAYS go out in trainers in Sheffield - its a student run town (well mainly) so the clubs follow with the students - i used to work at the leadmill and they have roughly no dresscode (maybe not hats or hoodies) and i used to work in the central firestation (until about 2 months ago) and everyone in there wore trainers.

whoever said u can go out in trainers is silly.
you try going to kingdom/plug/gatecrasher/flares/reflex/walkabout on any night OTHER than a student night in trainers...and they wont let you in. Leadmill yeah they do as they try and appeal more to students, and corp do too. But I jus thought id warn ppl incase the go on a thu/fri/sat or any bank holiday to the above clubs as they wont let you in.

Having said that my mate nearly got turned away LAST night from Leadmill for wearing CANVAS shoes, it was only coz i knew the doorman and I pleaded that he let him in.
Reply 37
Just put plain black socks over your trainers. Take 'em off when you get in toilettes!
Reply 38
swit-serwoooo what a sexy look that would be! And where do you propose we put these "Black socks" after we have taken them off? cause sure as hell they aint entering my hand bag! =P I propose Toxic has a foot fetish teehee! Socks over shoes and TAN shoes?!!? EEEEKKKK!!!
Reply 39
Blondybeachbum
swit-serwoooo what a sexy look that would be! And where do you propose we put these "Black socks" after we have taken them off? cause sure as hell they aint entering my hand bag! =P I propose Toxic has a foot fetish teehee! Socks over shoes and TAN shoes?!!? EEEEKKKK!!!

Hehe toxic you seem to be losing support on the Tan shoes :P.

How do you like my idea of Black shoes, Black Shirt, Black Trousers and White Tie Blondy? :P

Latest

Trending

Trending