The Student Room Group

The Beatles Society

Scroll to see replies

Sorry!

You gotta love the fab four in the Jungle book, only band to be in a disney film so literally :p:
xPunkx
I'm a chunky monkey from funky town

Whatever you say :p:

(Yeah ok, ya got me, this was ANOTHER repeated post I edited)
Reply 82
haha, nice triple post =]
Reply 83
xPunkx
Aww noooo! :frown: Hope you find it!!

Me too, i ain't even listened to it yet... :frown:

Tut tut @ DC's Spamming!! :mad:

:p:
xPunkx
haha, nice triple post =]

Oops, sorry about that guys, network problems meant I refreshed a couple of times and so....yeah! Anyway...Yesterday is great.
Reply 85
"Many people ask, 'What are Beatles? Why Beatles? Ugh, Beatles how did the name arrive?' so we will tell you. It came in a vision - a man appeared in a flaming pie and said unto them 'From this day on you are Beatles with an 'A'. 'Thank you, Mister Man,' they said, thanking him."

=D I've got an obsession with quotes atm.
Has anyone seen The Rutles film or heard the albums. They're a spoof band featuring Eric Idle.Ti's funny :biggrin:
Reply 87
xPunkx
"Many people ask, 'What are Beatles? Why Beatles? Ugh, Beatles how did the name arrive?' so we will tell you. It came in a vision - a man appeared in a flaming pie and said unto them 'From this day on you are Beatles with an 'A'. 'Thank you, Mister Man,' they said, thanking him."

=D I've got an obsession with quotes atm.

It was an homage to (nicked from) Buddy holly's band The Crickets. The A is a reference to "Mersey Beat" which was what people called "Brit Pop" in the day. ;smartass;

The Ruttles were great. The songs were written by Eric Idle and Neil Innes, who also used to write songs for Monty Python. Neil was the one that Noel Galagher had to pay for nicking "Whatever" from his song "How Sweet to be An Idiot" (Monty Python Live At The Hollywood Bowl). Some members may remember him as the Wizard in "Puddle Lane"!
Reply 88
bump
Reply 89
hmm where are all you little beatles fans today?
Perhaps it would benefit from a Beatles related point/question, rather than just 'Bump' every couple of days? I dunno just an idea :p:

My dad can't find his Revolver CD, it's quite funny, he came into my room earlier and said "Right where are my CD's??"

"I dunno they arn't in here, I looked for you the other day"

"Did you check every CD box?"

"Well yeah pretty much...I"

"Check them all right now!"

"OK then..."

Ahh parents are fun heh, coincidentally I didn't find it.

Sorry that was probably very dull for you all, ah well, tough!
Reply 91
At least you can nick your dad's cd's i wouldn#t ever even touch some of the **** he listens too. All that Irish music crap.. Pah... he can't stand the Beatles, so i have to nick my mum's cds :biggrin:

Found the Album.. Love it :cool:
Reply 92
hello goodbye

if u guys are proper beatles fans, ul be joining me in my liverpool home this weekend for the mathew street festival where loads of boss beatles tribute bands play. they talk with all kinds of foreign accents, but when they sing, they sound scouse!!!

this bird has flown

the end
sooper-soph
hello goodbye

if u guys are proper beatles fans, ul be joining me in my liverpool home this weekend for the mathew street festival where loads of boss beatles tribute bands play. they talk with all kinds of foreign accents, but when they sing, they sound scouse!!!

this bird has flown

the end

That seemed unnecessarily pretentious...

But I hear the Bootleg Beatles are good.
Reply 94
AAAH Matthew Street Festival this weekend?! I didn't even know!
Reply 95
A.ndrew
At least you can nick your dad's cd's i wouldn#t ever even touch some of the **** he listens too. All that Irish music crap.. Pah... he can't stand the Beatles, so i have to nick my mum's cds :biggrin:

Found the Album.. Love it :cool:

Aw yay you found your sgt pepper's? Awesome.
Haha I'm always nicking my dad's beatles albums :p:
Reply 96
sooper-soph
hello goodbye

this bird has flown

the end

hello goodbye to you too! thanks for the info. fancy joining? if you do there's a link on the first page my fellow scouser. :smile:
xPunkx
hello goodbye to you too! thanks for the info. fancy joining? if you do there's a link on the first page my fellow scouser. :smile:

Think you're too late, didn't you hear, she's gone, the bird has flown :wink:
Reply 98
appologies for the pretentiousnessarieyment (i made that word up) i was feeling in that sort of mood. im ok now tho. it's out of my system.

yup bootleg beatles are cool, but you have to pay to see them, and there r loads of free uns on monday.

i hear that a tribute band have released an album!!! wtf?

yeah i mite see you there, i'll look out for a little brown robot dancing, and i'll come say "hi"

:biggrin:

so what r u guys's fave album? mine has got 2 be beatles for sale.
Sgt. Pepper personally, even though it's supposedly incredibly overrated, what album is Yesterday on?

Quick Reply

Latest