The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

bengal_tiger

........................ Hulk Hogan attempting still attempting to wrestle:frown:

Hulk Hogan was always technically dodgy, but then again he looked pretty sound compared to ultimate warrior! (Does anyone remember that hogan vs warrior PPV main event from WCW, it stank!).

I'd like to publicly admit my incorrectness when I said in an earlier post that I didn't think CM Punk would get over with real ECW fans, rubbish greyhound. Also, I'd like to publicly express my absolute joy that Jeff Hardy is coming back, all we need now is the Rock, Brock Lesnar, Jericho, Benoit and the world will be alright again. Does anyone have any ideas why WWE doesn't do any really exciting big rivalries anymore (I'm thinking of stone cold getting run over as a prime example). Oh, and thank GOD ECW FINALLY did something resembling the old ECW in the test vs tommy dreamer match at hammerstein ballroom, I'm referring to the use of a barb wire covered board.

By the way, does anyone have a link for the mick foley vs terry funk death matches? I've never seen them!
ok I will alter my comment

....................... Hulk Hogan ever attempting to wrestle:frown:

I know he was crucial in the development of wrestling. Without him wrestling would not be what it is today.

CM Punk has something that Hulk never did have and thats wrestling ability. I'm surprised that he was well received in ECW and its a good thing that he was

Think of CM Punk vs Angle:biggrin:
Reply 202
I don't think I've ever seen the full Foley/Cactus Jack v Funk match, but there's various videos showing clips of the match, accompanied by background music, on YouTube.

This is probably the best one, but have a look on YouTube in any case: http://youtube.com/watch?v=jm0P3hjhaMs

(there is a full deathmatch between Cactus and some Japanese dude somewhere - no explosives, but it's pretty hardcore all the same)
Mr Hughes sucks!
bengal_tiger
Mr Perfect

Shame he lost to Bret Hart in the first ever King Of The Ring. After turning good I wanted him to do well. I think he was underrated - should have won more titles than he did. And a partnership with Bret Hart would be interesting. Then again, Ted DiBiase was never a champion himself. :/
NDGAARONDI
Shame he lost to Bret Hart in the first ever King Of The Ring. After turning good I wanted him to do well. I think he was underrated - should have won more titles than he did. And a partnership with Bret Hart would be interesting. Then again, Ted DiBiase was never a champion himself. :/

Wasn't Dibiase the Million Dollar Champion? :wink:

I was a big fan of Mr. Perfect. Imo, the Perfect Plex was one of the best finishers ever. A new discussion topic maybe...what was your favorite, or the best, finisher?
I used to think the tombstone was great, that was until I saw Owen break Austins neck. Also it looks too fake, its obvious that their head never hits the floor.

The Pedigree is a great move as it looks better then the tombstone.

The people's elbow always amused me with the waving of arms and the removal of elbow pads.

My favourite however is the ankle lock when performed by Ken shamrock. The grapevine is a great addition by Angle but the move belongs to Shamrock. It has the most credibility as the move could do serious damage if applied properly like he did in the UFC.

Even though I never watched it while he was in it Shamrock is one of my favourites and I think he should have won the WWF title during his short Professional wrestling career:frown:
Klinsmannic
what was your favorite, or the best, finisher?

My favourite finisher - hard to call but I'm going to say a whacky one and say Jimmy Superfly Snuka!

----------

Here's an interesting question - who do resmeble most in wrestling lookswise, fighting style etc.?

For looks it would probably be Marty Janetti with the fighting style of 'old school' Crush when he was a solo wrestler (when he was actually decent). :p:
Klinsmannic
Wasn't Dibiase the Million Dollar Champion? :wink:

Never won the world heavyweight title although he did win the tag team title as Money Inc.
NDGAARONDI
My favourite finisher - hard to call but I'm going to say a whacky one and say Jimmy Superfly Snuka!

----------

Here's an interesting question - who do resmeble most in wrestling lookswise, fighting style etc.?

For looks it would probably be Marty Janetti with the fighting style of 'old school' Crush when he was a solo wrestler (when he was actually decent). :p:

Whilst S J Snuka was great, his finishing move was a bit standard, kinda like a frog splash without the 'frog' component. But that thing he did with his hands was very cool.

All the old finishers were pretty boring, in hindsight. Pre Bret Hart, Undertaker, Mr Perfect, HBK etc, the final moves were glorified versions of textbook moves e.g. Ultimate Warrior's splash, Rick Rude's 'Rude awakening' sleeper, Hogan Leg Drop. However they were all great characters, which is exemplified by the way their finishers were received by the fans. These days the finishing moves need to be big and extravagent to compensate for the poor quality of character...e.g Kane, Big Show, Brock Lesnar.

I'd like to think I'm a bit like Benoit in terms of wrestling style- not facial appearance...I have full set of teeth :biggrin:. I'm probably of a similar height also.

EDIT: In terms of old school, I reckon I'm Shawn Michaels- from his 'Rockers' days, not HBK.
Apparently Max Moon had a decent finishing move but as usual suffered at the hands of his character quality - decent wrestler inside, mind.
power bomb
pedigree sweet chin music
shooting star frog splash (i think its called)
angle slam

and yes mr perfect was underated although he was one of the most altheletci wrestlers
Reply 212
Definitely Hogans leg Drop :biggrin:
Reply 213
best finisher in terms of brutality belongs to perry saturn (moppy...anyone remember that?), his rings of saturn always looked BRUTAL

my personal fave is jericho'soriginal walls of jericho/lion tamer when he posted his knee into the back of the guys neck.

i miss jericho...
the best finisher is the canadian destroyer by petey williams.
I think the most implausible finisher (ok, I know I'm changing the subject somewhat) is the unprettier or kane's tombstone cos he's absolutely AWFUL at delivering it.

Petey williams finisher is bloomin good, I loved CM punk's finisher he did off the top rope when he was in ROH and CZW, kinda like a pedigree from the top rope. My fave finisher is probably brock lesnar's F5, visually quite spectacular.

Also, thank heaven for jeff hardy! that is all.
The-Wrestling-Fanatic
the best finisher is the canadian destroyer by petey williams.

It's a good 'un, but credit has to go to the seller rather than Williams himself. It's the 'victim' that does most of the work.
Originally Posted by WWE.com
Angle released
Aug. 25, 2006

Due to personal issues Kurt Angle has been granted an early release from his contract. WWE looks forward to establishing a new relationship with Kurt in the near future.

The only gold medalist in WWE history, Kurt Angle arrived in 1999 and quickly became one of the most decorated champions in sports-entertainment history. "The Wrestling Machine" is not only a six-time World Champion, but also held the Intercontinental Championship, Tag Team Championship and won the 2000 King of the Ring tournament. Recently joining ECW, Angle’s unmatched intensity was rivaled only by his technical and athletic in-ring prowess.

He needs a break he's going to end up killing himself but dam i'll miss him hopefully he'll be back one day.
KellsEnder
It's a good 'un, but credit has to go to the seller rather than Williams himself. It's the 'victim' that does most of the work.

yea thats very true.

but wrestling is about working together in the ring in my opinion.
Reply 219
*J*
He needs a break he's going to end up killing himself but dam i'll miss him hopefully he'll be back one day.

angle, benoit, jericho, eddie :frown: all my face wrestlers all not in the competeing for one reason or another

Latest