The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

The Official Pub/Bar/Club Recommendation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
twiga
Sorry, could've been anyone of hundreds of people unfortunately. Tip next time and I might remember :wink: :p:

Which one of you am i to tip next time? :confused:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 21
Alique
Which one of you am i to tip next time? :confused:

Me! :p: the tall ginger one, usually serving at the end of the bar closest to where you walk in :smile:
Reply 22
testing - ignore!

piss

Piss

Reply 23
Hey everyone! Just a quick note about the fabulous Norwegian Blue offers on at the moment... (No I'm not being paid for this but Sun-Wedns are sooo boring and dead that I've decided we need more customers...)

Sun - Wedns:-

£1.50

WKD
Becks
Bacardi Breezers
Fosters
John Smiths
Strongbow

£2.50 (Doubles + lemonade/coke/diet)

JD
Bacardi
Smirnoff
Gordons
Bells

*shameless plug* :p:
queens arms if your strolling down magdalen street lol. or if you're a student, live close by!
Reply 25
Any recommendations for r'n'b clubs there? I don't drink, so good music is my preference. Would be appreciated!
Reply 26
lol, well, for good music you'll want ponanas...

But if you want RnB then probably Mercy and Lava/Ignite. It's a little mainstream however, like chart stuff. Also look out for RnB nights that the LCR throws, usually once a week...
I thought RnB was mainstream full stop. Are there many underground RnB artists? lol
Reply 28
I reccomed my bar.

And I promise that we're not still there - honest!
Reply 29
Qwert_y
I thought RnB was mainstream full stop. Are there many underground RnB artists? lol

To be honest i have no idea. I just hear a lot of people complaining about stuff and it's mainstreamity. Don't really pay attention to the ins and outs of RnB.

This guy seems to think there is however...

http://www.angelfire.com/music6/houseofsoul0/HOME.htm

Type it into google, there's a whole host of websites on it. I'm sure you'll see what they mean.

lolocaust!
Reply 30
I recommmend the Romany pub on the friday 29th in freshers week at 7pm.
It's the closest off campus pub to UEA and their are 2 UEA rock bands and 1 out of town band playing and it's free entry.
Reply 31
God. I've really missed out on what Norwich has to offer. Being a Sheffield Uni student I haven't been in Norwich for ages (before I started) - I actually live in Yarmouth. But i'll bear these places in mind for when I come back at xmas.

by the way, i think that Mercy is by far the best club in Norwich

Larry xx
Reply 32
God. I've really missed out on what Norwich has to offer. Being a Sheffield Uni student I haven't been in Norwich for ages (before I started) - I actually live in Yarmouth. But i'll bear these places in mind for when I come back at xmas.

by the way, i think that Mercy is by far the best club in Norwich

Larry xx
Reply 33
Hmmmmmm, Mercy the best?!?! No way!! Unless you go on a Tues night when you have Indie 5000 in rm 2! Bell Vue, Lilly Langtre, Unthank Arms, Mad Moose aren't that far apart, them and Black Horse used to be our locals. My fella is a chef at Mad Moose, I'll tell him you rated the food!! Mind you you should! Upstairs is 2 Rosette Bib Gormond and deffinately Excellent!! The drinks are so overpriced in there but when you get served the best food in Norwich who's complaining!!
You students should really save your cash and treat yourselves to some fine dining at the One Up (abouve the Moose) Or venture down to The Eagle on Newmarket Road, best pub in Norwich by far!
Also, for the person wanting RnB the bar/club place Xcape does it and i think sonic on some nights.
Theres a local sixth form party going on at Lava next week, a really cool group Spoken Drama are performing and thats RnB hip hop stuff.
As mentioned in a previos thread get your thing down to Playhouse bar for a great night and you can even catch a play!
Reply 34
Im Coming To See The Cribs....

Ohhh Yesss !!!
Reply 35
Is there places which play jazz?
just bear in mind when thinking about where to go that Lava/Ignite are shut due to, well, collapsing, and unilkely to open for a while.
Norwegian Blue is awesome, they do some great cocktails there
Reply 37
Norwegian Blue/Squares are good if you truly want cheese music, aye :wink:
the live acts are usually not bad, but some of the cheese is annoying, but the drinks are great, thats the main thing
Reply 39
fat cat and the marquee are my sugestions, random shots for £2... yay!!! dare you try a flat liner? ^^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending