Well hello ppl!

How are are all me fellow ppl doing?
Reply 41
Weird and Wonderful
Well hello ppl!

How are are all me fellow ppl doing?

feeeeel like smoking some peached flavouered sheeeeeeesha mmmmmmmmmm
Reply 42
I'll join please. Make mine an apple and mint!

Who's the muppet who says it's like smoking 40-60 cigarettes? Shisha tobacco dosn't have any tar....
Reply 43
scruffs
I'll join please. Make mine an apple and mint!

Who's the muppet who says it's like smoking 40-60 cigarettes? Shisha tobacco dosn't have any tar....

Lol make mine a DOUBLE apple and smoking shisha aint like smoking 40-60 ciggs it doesnt hav any tar and all that other s*** as i explained earlier
Reply 44
Shout Box
feeeeel like smoking some peached flavouered sheeeeeeesha mmmmmmmmmm

im feelin' like havin sum grape :bong:
Reply 45
Naumz
Lol make mine a DOUBLE apple and smoking shisha aint like smoking 40-60 ciggs it doesnt hav any tar and all that other s*** as i explained earlier

Damn straight. Some people don't know what they're talking about. I'm tyrying to stop smoking cigarettes, and shisha's helping me with that. It's a much cleaner and more pleasureable alternative. Maybe one day i'll stop shisha too...but i doubt it :biggrin:
Naumz

God you're so stupid, of course Sheesha has tar and nicotine and "other s***" in it! And because it lasts longer than a single cigarette you get more tar/nicotine/carbon monoxide than a cigarette gives you.

I tried it in Paris last week and thought it was great fun but I wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis because it IS dangerous and IS harmful to your health...
Reply 47
Is it true that One Sheesha Is Equivalent to Smoking 18 Cigarettes?
#2(Laika)
Is it true that One Sheesha Is Equivalent to Smoking 18 Cigarettes?

Sheeshas last about 45 minutes and cigarettes last about 5 minutes. Then again you might not actually inhale the sheesha smoke, or you might inhale it even deeper than a normal cigarette (because it's so smooth and it's comfortable to inhale). So I guess it depends on how often you take a draw, how often you inhale and how deeply you inhale.
Reply 49
quadruple_twist
Sheeshas last about 45 minutes and cigarettes last about 5 minutes. Then again you might not actually inhale the sheesha smoke, or you might inhale it even deeper than a normal cigarette (because it's so smooth and it's comfortable to inhale). So I guess it depends on how often you take a draw, how often you inhale and how deeply you inhale.

Cool....
Reply 50
quadruple_twist
God you're so stupid, of course Sheesha has tar and nicotine and "other s***" in it! And because it lasts longer than a single cigarette you get more tar/nicotine/carbon monoxide than a cigarette gives you.

I tried it in Paris last week and thought it was great fun but I wouldn't want to do it on a regular basis because it IS dangerous and IS harmful to your health...

Sorry to interject mate but with all due respect you are talking out of your ass.

Shisha does represent a health risk, as you are inhaling products of combustion, which by their very nature are carcinogenic. And you are absorbing nicotine, which as we all know is highly addictive. But shisha is far, far less harmful for you than cigarette smoking, and for many reasons. One of the main differences is the way the tobacco is treated after harvesting. The tobacco which is used in cigarettes, such as marlboro, is dried out quickly using propane powered gas heaters. The emissions they produce interact chemically with the tobacco to generate around three times the number of lethal products one would find in shisha tobacco, which is dried out in the sun.

Secondly, the cigarette company add a plethora of chemicals in order to heighten the 'hit' each time you inhale, and to keep it lit etc. Many of these chemicals are hugely bad for you, but don't appear in shisha. This is the 'tar' that you read about. Check out a pack of cigarettes and a pack of shisha tobacco side by side sometime. While you will find similar nicotine levels you will find that shisha doesn't contain the 'tar', and they would have to say if it did as it is a legal requirement.

Thirdly, the manner in which a person smokes a cigarette means they get a far higher dose of toxins compared to the manner in which one smokes a shisha. You're in much closer proximity to a cigarette; by contrast the source of combustion in shisha is much further away and the smoke mixes with air, which reduces the amount of smoke you inhale. And it doesn't matter that a shisha smokes for longer. You tend to take fewer puffs on it and inhale less deeply, especially when you compare to a smoker on their fag break who is sucking as much as they can from their smoke before they stub it out. And on average a smoker smokes far many more fags a day than one would smoke a shisha. These arguments are at the heart of a growing campaign in Scotland to amend the smoking ban to allow shishas to be used indoors again.

So yes, bad for you shisha is, but it's not as bad as smoking cigarettes and nowhere near the equivalent of smoking a 80 cigarettes in one or whatever wild number you can pluck from your head. So don't berate him and claim he doesn't know what he's talking about, as neither do you.
Reply 51
Is there anywhere to smoke shisha in edinburgh?? Like, outside or something? Maaan I should have considered this before choosing the uni! Dam it! :tongue:
Reply 52
BillyM
Is there anywhere to smoke shisha in edinburgh?? Like, outside or something? Maaan I should have considered this before choosing the uni! Dam it! :tongue:

There is indeed. Many places in fact. I just can't remember where they are at the moment. Once I know I'll let you know.

If you find yourself in Glasgow at anytime there is a wonderful tea shop called Tchai Ovna on Otago lane, near the university of Glasgow, which do shisha in lots of flavours, and it's not too pricey.
Reply 53
Hello ppl!

There are many people here who are debating whether it is better/worse than smoking cigarettes. Thats good to see!. I shall be changing the opening page in a while and hopefully answering some of your queries!
Reply 54
Hello all.

I've been wondering for a while where to source some decent shisha tobacco. Anywhere in central Scotland would be handy to know about... or of course any mail-order places throughout the UK. The only stuff I've ever used has been provided courtesy of an Arab friend brought over direct, so it's not exactly practical to rely on.

Help much appreciated.
Reply 55
LibertineNorth
Hello all.

I've been wondering for a while where to source some decent shisha tobacco. Anywhere in central Scotland would be handy to know about... or of course any mail-order places throughout the UK. The only stuff I've ever used has been provided courtesy of an Arab friend brought over direct, so it's not exactly practical to rely on.

Help much appreciated.

Tchai Ovna- Otago lane, just off Gibson street, near the GUU. sells fat-a*se bags at about 4-6 quid a pop I think. And there's a few shops along Great Western Road after Byers Road that sell them too.
Reply 56
mizzy87
Ooh ooh can I join?!

I was down Edware Road earlier today smoking some shisha, was some good s**t!

thats the way to go....:p:
Reply 57
mizzy87
Ooh ooh can I join?!

I was down Edware Road earlier today smoking some shisha, was some good s**t!

:biggrin:

Edgware road rules! :bang:

Some of the arab girls too! :wink: :rolleyes: :redface:
Reply 58
Weird and Wonderful
:biggrin:

Edgware road rules! :bang:

Some of the arab girls too! :wink: :rolleyes: :redface:

Easy now :p:
Reply 59
#2(Laika)
Easy now :p: