The Student Room Group

Is AS Economics good?

I failed Maths and Physics AS, got a U in both. I got a B in Geography and a D in Computing. So I need to pick up an AS to go with my A2 Geography and A2 Computing for this year.

I was wondering, just what is AS Economics like, is it easy/hard? I watch the news sometimes, I guess that might help a little bit? Do you think I could pass it?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by hammy434
I failed Maths and Physics AS, got a U in both. I got a B in Geography and a D in Computing. So I need to pick up an AS to go with my A2 Geography and A2 Computing for this year.

I was wondering, just what is AS Economics like, is it easy/hard? I watch the news sometimes, I guess that might help a little bit? Do you think I could pass it?

Thanks!

AS Economics with Edexcel board is quite straight-forward.
There's enough material on youtube/tutor2u/internet in general to allow you to self-teach.
Reply 2
Original post by Windies
AS Economics with Edexcel board is quite straight-forward.
There's enough material on youtube/tutor2u/internet in general to allow you to self-teach.

thanks, my friend who did it last year said it's OCR, do you think i'll still be ok?

Reply 3
thanks, my friend who did it last year said it's OCR, do you think i'll still be ok?

yes
IT'S HORRENDOUSLY BORING IF YOU HAVE A BAD TEACHER

Easy at AS, but at times the most boring subject I've ever taken in my life.

As long as your teacher is good it should be fine (mine wasn't - he was old and doddery and just talked veeerrryyyy slloooowwwlllyyyy and actually forgot to teach us a part of the syllabus which ended up being 10 marks off the exam :/).
OCR AS Economics is one of the easiest things I have ever done, you should be fine :smile:

How on earth is anyone here supposed to know whether you would pass?

I think the most that can be said is that the qualification isn't impossible to pass, thus you 'could' indeed pass.
Is Economics heavily content based?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
thanks everyone for all your help! hopefully my teacher isn't boring then. i know no-one knows whether i'll pass but i just wanted peoples opinions of whether id pass based on my AS results. i'm really gonna try hard this year. thanks again everyone!! :smile:
Original post by cathartic
Is Economics heavily content based?

Massively, it's almost all content, you learn economic theory mainly in the first year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending