University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Aliscia Barnes
Oh cool what flat? I'm in 71!

Flat 69, so we'll be neighbours!
Original post by ellie_jacks
Flat 69, so we'll be neighbours!

After all these years, that still makes me chuckle.
Original post by Emilyleah1609
Northfield Block 19 flat 185 anyone?

Hi! I'm in Northfield Block 17 flat 164
Reply 1404
Hmm just got offered kings road however it seems like it's really mainly for internationals and post grad students can anyone confirm ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone, I've been placed into off-campus housing (Kings Road on Brighton seafront) however I desperately don't want to live off-campus as the main reason I applied for Sussex was because it was a campus uni with on-site accommodation. Also, my only friend is staying on-campus (East Slope) and would feel very lonely off-campus.
Is there anyone going to Sussex who has been allocated a room on-campus who would prefer to stay on Brighton seafront and would like to swap?
Original post by Digo
Hmm just got offered kings road however it seems like it's really mainly for internationals and post grad students can anyone confirm ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's mostly for post grad students, internationals ...well they all mostly stay in NorthField or Lewes Park.

Anyone in Block 1 Flat 2 ..surely the other 4 people in the flat exist :k:
According to the advisers I spoke with there is no specific accommodation for post-grad/mature students, though they try to put them together if they can, usually off-campus. I've requested off-campus accommodation and to be put with mature students if I possible, and I am still awaiting reply.
Hi, did anyone not manage to get any university managed accomodation?

Thanks
Sussex have provided an update:
I just wanted to update you as quickly as we could. We have been working very hard to process clearing housing applicants and have now allocated accommodation to the first 250 clearing applicants who applied as part of the University’s published commitment to provide housing for 250 clearing applicants. We are working hard to allocate accommodation to additional applicants above the 250 but we cannot guarantee to offer accommodation in view of demand.We will keep you posted as availability occurs and will write back to you early next week an update.

They have also told me over the phone they hope to allocate additional applicants by the end of Monday, and that in the first few weeks of term additional places usually open up if you live close enough to travel initially.
Original post by G.Sabzi
Sussex have provided an update:

They have also told me over the phone they hope to allocate additional applicants by the end of Monday, and that in the first few weeks of term additional places usually open up if you live close enough to travel initially.

I got the same email as well, Apparently i'm around 30th on the list but they said i should look for Private Housing or If i want to chance it, maybe be a lodger for the first few weeks/month incase something comes up.
Original post by ThePlum281
Hi, did anyone not manage to get any university managed accomodation?

Thanks

Yeah I'm in the same situation, gutted but hopefully be able to find something close with some other first years
I went through clearing for Economics and Management and still haven't heard back from Sussex housing services all now. Anyone else on the same boat and still not got an accommodation? Theres actually loads of property for cheap still available, only thing is it needs the whole group from at least 4-6 to book the accommodation together... worst comes to worst that I still don't hear back from the housing services within 5 days. Would anyone be interested in sharing with me if they still also haven't got accomodation?
Hey there i'm in Lancaster house - park houses, anyone else in Lancaster???
Original post by DindaJelita95
I went through clearing for Economics and Management and still haven't heard back from Sussex housing services all now. Anyone else on the same boat and still not got an accommodation? Theres actually loads of property for cheap still available, only thing is it needs the whole group from at least 4-6 to book the accommodation together... worst comes to worst that I still don't hear back from the housing services within 5 days. Would anyone be interested in sharing with me if they still also haven't got accomodation?

I've just seen your post I have no accommodation and just wondered if you wanted to share ?
Original post by JaffaOrange
Hey there i'm in Lancaster house - park houses, anyone else in Lancaster???

i am which room are you in?
Original post by Commentator
i am which room are you in?

I'm in 099, where are you?
For those who are looking for accommodation there's a Facebook group where a whole bunch of people are organising house shares: https://www.facebook.com/groups/108681779206017/?fref=nf
Original post by BibiBerrington
I've just seen your post I have no accommodation and just wondered if you wanted to share ?

same situation here, i applied through clearing but didn't get uni accommodation, anyone want to share?
i applied through clearing but didn't get uni accommodation, anyone want to share?