The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by Trevstan
Hi all quick question I have checked my wageslip online and missing one days overtime off my wage.

I work nights and worked Thursday the 20th August going into Friday morning did i miss the cut off?

If i didnt who should i contact at the store to query it?

Cheers.

I've been told the Thursday before pay day is the cut off point , so that's probably why
But if you're unsure just go see wages
What is the uniform for a personal shopper? I start work on Tuesday, well it's my induction, I'm not sure what I should wear
Reply 1722
Original post by Kieranelvyy
What is the uniform for a personal shopper? I start work on Tuesday, well it's my induction, I'm not sure what I should wear

Uniform is blue trousers and a shirt/polo (blue or red). We got told to wear black trousers , shoes , and a smart black or white shirt/t shirt. You can also wear a black cardigan ,as it gets cold down the frozen aisle! Ha
I've had two payslips now and thought i would get my emergency tax back in the second. When/how can i get it back? Thanks
Hello, has anyone heard back from the student transfer service whether they have been successful or otherwise? I move to university in just over 2 weeks but haven't heard anything back
Reply 1725
Original post by JadeG-97
Hello, has anyone heard back from the student transfer service whether they have been successful or otherwise? I move to university in just over 2 weeks but haven't heard anything back

+1

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1726

The student transfer service is a joke, it took them two months to sort me out so by that point I had been at uni for a month and a half. You will get an email of the store itself inviting you in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No I haven't heard anything, the closing date is the 4th so I'm hoping we'll hear around then
Reply 1728
Hi, I have a question regarding old colleague priority then new colleague . I m working in tesco super store from 2011 & in my department there was 4 vacancies open then I talk with my manager if he can give sun mon & tues with my same hours contract ? Cause I m working tue till Friday & these days are clashing with my husband hours always & I m flexible on that days if u can adjust before u give anybody. Then he said ok I will speak with my boss from that day till 2 months I was keep asking about my days if he sort it out he was just keep saying yeah possibly u will get then he said in the last few weeks might be u will start 1week in sep . When I asked him in sep he said sorry I can't give u Sunday but I can drop fri to mon so u can work mob till thurs . I said what is the difference between my recent hours then if I will get mon till thurs cause I m doing tue till Friday ? He said I can't do it I already got enough staff on Sunday now & let me know if u r interested in mon till Thursday shifts ASAP . I think old colleague have more priority then new people ? Even I told him 2 months ago after that he gave sun shifts to new people !
Reply 1729
Original post by Tesco1
Hi, I have a question regarding old colleague priority then new colleague . I m working in tesco super store from 2011 & in my department there was 4 vacancies open then I talk with my manager if he can give sun mon & tues with my same hours contract ? Cause I m working tue till Friday & these days are clashing with my husband hours always & I m flexible on that days if u can adjust before u give anybody. Then he said ok I will speak with my boss from that day till 2 months I was keep asking about my days if he sort it out he was just keep saying yeah possibly u will get then he said in the last few weeks might be u will start 1week in sep . When I asked him in sep he said sorry I can't give u Sunday but I can drop fri to mon so u can work mob till thurs . I said what is the difference between my recent hours then if I will get mon till thurs cause I m doing tue till Friday ? He said I can't do it I already got enough staff on Sunday now & let me know if u r interested in mon till Thursday shifts ASAP . I think old colleague have more priority then new people ? Even I told him 2 months ago after that he gave sun shifts to new people !

Which Superstore do you work at, and is it nights or day work? Your post is quite incoherent, which leads me to believe that perhaps English isn't your first language; if you didn't sufficiently relay your issues to your manager, and instead expressed it in a way that is similar to your post here, well...

Take a moment, explain your situation a bit more - get your most important points across as clear as you can. I gather that you work at a Superstore, and have worked there as such since 2011. Equally, that two months ago you asked your manager for a shift change, at that time four vacancies were open - assuming you asked for a shift change because of the vacancies, when were the vacancies filled? And if they have been filled, not much you can do other than work with your manager to get whatever hours you can - I don't believe Tesco is under any obligation to change your shift just because you want it changed, so take what you can get, really.
Hi,

I've recently applied to a few tesco stores in my area for some part time jobs using my online account with tesco. As it so happens I have mistyped the email to my account and somehow can't acess my account! I have not recieved a verification e-mail either.

Someone please help me! I am worried that Tesco might get back to me through e-mail and would miss any offers because i've typed the wrong e-mail address! Do they usually contact candidates through email, or do they phone you if you have been sucessful??
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Killerpenguin15
Hi,

I've recently applied to a few tesco stores in my area for some part time jobs using my online account with tesco. As it so happens I have mistyped the email to my account and somehow can't acess my account! I have not recieved a verification e-mail either.

Someone please help me! I am worried that Tesco might get back to me through e-mail and would miss any offers because i've typed the wrong e-mail address! Do they usually contact candidates through email, or do they phone you if you have been sucessful??

They phone you, I've had no contact through email from them.
Original post by hayley88
They phone you, I've had no contact through email from them.

Thank you! :smile:
How do you pass the questions when applying for the assessment questions? I thought I answered them well but yet I keep getting rejected.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1734
Original post by Killerpenguin15
Hi,

I was contacted via email for the whole process (inviting me to interview , telling me I'd got the job and arranging induction). Is there not anyway form of contact on the page, so you could speak to someone about changing the email?
Original post by 452231
I was contacted via email for the whole process (inviting me to interview , telling me I'd got the job and arranging induction). Is there not anyway form of contact on the page, so you could speak to someone about changing the email?

There isn't, unfortunately :frown:

Otherwise, they probably wouldn't change the email anyway as it might seem like some kind of security breach to the people who do all the tech behind all the recruitment.
Got an email about the student transfer saying that they're sending out my application to stores I applied to, but when I went to check my application it's showing my old application for the job I have now. So worried, was I meant to upload a new CV or something??
A month ago I got an email inviting for an interview and after going to the interview the next day I got a call from them saying I had "unofficially" got the job once my national insurance number comes back clear which is should this was a month ago and I have not heard back from them so I am wondering if they forgot or if I should ring them or something.

Edit: Rung them up today and due to the timing of my interview compared to other jobs at the time, it will be another week or 2 before the induction
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dnelson0089
A month ago I got an email inviting for an interview and after going to the interview the next day I got a call from them saying I had "unofficially" got the job once my national insurance number comes back clear which is should this was a month ago and I have not heard back from them so I am wondering if they forgot or if I should ring them or something.

Definitely give them a call and ask them for an update on what is going on :smile:
Original post by JJ_TW
The student transfer service is a joke, it took them two months to sort me out so by that point I had been at uni for a month and a half. You will get an email of the store itself inviting you in.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never used this student transfer service, the way I did it was to go into the store I wish to transfer and explain I'm a student and ask them if they have any positions for me to transfer to term time. Go for the stores in student areas as they'll be busiest term time and will quieten down Christmas/Easter/Summer.

Original post by ccbby
Hi there i was wondering if anyone can help me it's a query for my other half he's recently started working at tesco how long will he be able to do over time in other stores as the store he works at has no over time available.

I don't think there is a set time, my manager leaves it a few weeks to ensure the CA is fully trained and comfortable in their position before letting them work at other stores. The rule he has is that you take overtime with your home store first, and once you've taken hours there/there isn't any hours, you can get in contact with other stores and take overtime elsewhere.

Quick Reply