The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Miser101
Jon snow could have warged into ghost, his last words in the book also suggest that. If you watch the last few seconds when jons lying on the floor in that infamous scene you'll notice that his eye changes colour that could mean he was about to warg into ghost or it could be the lighting in addition the music suddenly changes somewhat surprisngly with the eye colour change. Not to mention Lady Melisandre is at castle black

They could have bought Kit back to simply film a funeral/cremation or dare I say it film the the whole or part of season 6 as a resurected man. Or lets face it the writers may have just killed him , interviewers asked the actor who played Tywin Lannister before season 5, that will you be in season 5 he replied yes but if youve watched 5×1 youll know he was only their for the funeral scene

As for stannis i dont think he is dead because in that scene leading up to him with brienne you'll notice that there is an awful amount of close ups on his injured leg, and before big brienne strikes her sword stannis says "do your duty" which could mean trying to save the stark girls in particular sansa who jumped off the walls of winterfell, which would mean she is honoring her vow, her duty. She made no such promises to Renly. From a production point of view it would be a shame if we lost a character like stannis in such a dull way, someone who we have followed from season 2 in such a manner

As for Sandor clegane hes a another character who may be alive, he was spotted in Belfast a few days ago. It could be that Clegane is a new man called the gravedigger working as a monk on the quite isles. Personally i dont think CleganeBowl will happen given that if the gravedigger theory is correct then this new man would have let go of past and his troubles with his brother. But the faith militant need a champion in Cersei trial and who else can go against the mountain!! Clegane vs Clegane. Only Diamond can cut diamond

One of my favourite theories about Jon is that Melissandre resurrects him and since he served the watch until his death, he is free of his vows. He can then leave and go kick ass! :biggrin:.

While I do think that Clegane is the gravedigger, I'm not a big believer of Cleganebowl. Why would Sandor want to fight his brother? He has no real incentive to do it.
Original post by tomtjl
One of my favourite theories about Jon is that Melissandre resurrects him and since he served the watch until his death, he is free of his vows. He can then leave and go kick ass! :biggrin:.

While I do think that Clegane is the gravedigger, I'm not a big believer of Cleganebowl. Why would Sandor want to fight his brother? He has no real incentive to do it.

For her crimes, Cersei is tries by the High Sparrow and judged guilty on all counts. As her last plea, she demands a trial by combat - letting the gods judge her innocence. As her champion, she elects Ser Robert Strong. The faith also needs a champion - who else can go up against the Mountain? One of the faith militant? Nah. We need a big man, who can fight, who is also a man of the Seven. The gravedigger fits that description. He fights as it's his duty; he hates his brother; it's the right thing in the eyes of the Seven due to Cersei's crimes.

I'd like so see a trial by seven at some point before the end of ADOS (perhaps even as Cersei's trial - and why not? Someone as devout as the sparrows seem like the kind to do it)...we haven't seen one for just over a hundred years since the tourney at Duskendale.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
For her crimes, Cersei is tries by the High Sparrow and judged guilty on all counts. As her last plea, she demands a trial by combat - letting the gods judge her innocence. As her champion, she elects Ser Robert Strong. The faith also needs a champion - who else can go up against the Mountain? One of the faith militant? Nah. We need a big man, who can fight, who is also a man of the Seven. The gravedigger fits that description. He fights as it's his duty; he hates his brother; it's the right thing in the eyes of the Seven due to Cersei's crimes.

I'd like so see a trial by seven at some point before the end of ADOS (perhaps even as Cersei's trial - and why not? Someone as devout as the sparrows seem like the kind to do it)...we haven't seen one for just over a hundred years since the tourney at Duskendale.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And if the gods are just, the gravedigger shall have Ser Robert Strongs head!
Hopefully the next book is out by April. I believe that was the aim.

My belief for the ending remains the same. A Targaryan will sit on the throne and the Rose on the Wall will burn them all.
Did anyone notice Sam say to Olly, "Jon always comes back" just after Olly confronts Sam in the Season 5 episode 8 asking if Jon is doing the right thing?
Potential hint for the next season?
Original post by Rakas21
Hopefully the next book is out by April. I believe that was the aim.

My belief for the ending remains the same. A Targaryan will sit on the throne and the Rose on the Wall will burn them all.

I think the iron throne will be dissolved, and the seven kingdoms shall return to seven kingdoms

Original post by Scienceisgood
Did anyone notice Sam say to Olly, "Jon always comes back" just after Olly confronts Sam in the Season 5 episode 8 asking if Jon is doing the right thing?
Potential hint for the next season?

More likely to be referring to Hardhome, but I guess it could be even deeper foreshadowing. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Goerge RR Martin has said the ending will be bitter sweet like that of the Lord of the Rings :beard:
I think the iron throne will be dissolved, and the seven kingdoms shall return to seven kingdoms

More likely to be referring to Hardhome, but I guess it could be even deeper foreshadowing. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not so sure. I can see 4 kingdoms submitting to Targaryan-Stark rule pretty easily.
Was Bran Stark even in season 5? I watched them all back to back so I can't remember which season was what.

The only thing that I didn't like about season 5 was that all the story lines seemed to just keep expanding away from each other instead of coming together. I guess they will at some point.

I knew I'd seen the actor who plays Edd before. He was in Pramface! :colondollar:
Original post by Zerforax
Was Bran Stark even in season 5? I watched them all back to back so I can't remember which season was what.

The only thing that I didn't like about season 5 was that all the story lines seemed to just keep expanding away from each other instead of coming together. I guess they will at some point.

I knew I'd seen the actor who plays Edd before. He was in Pramface! :colondollar:

Nope, he didn't appear
Original post by Rakas21
I'm not so sure. I can see 4 kingdoms submitting to Targaryan-Stark rule pretty easily.

Totes, but I'm saying I don't think Jon will end up sitting the iron throne. Either no one will, or Dany will and absolve the position, ever the wheel-breaker.

Original post by Zerforax

Nah. The last scene with Bran in season 4 is literally the second-last Bran chapter in the books. So given the new storylines introduced in season 5, I think D&D made the logistic decision just to save it for season 6.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Totes, but I'm saying I don't think Jon will end up sitting the iron throne. Either no one will, or Dany will and absolve the position, ever the wheel-breaker.

Nah. The last scene with Bran in season 4 is literally the second-last Bran chapter in the books. So given the new storylines introduced in season 5, I think D&D made the logistic decision just to save it for season 6.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's a saying that goes something like.. Good men seek power, great men have power thrust upon them.

I think that D will attack but that John's rebirth will inspire people along with his honour. Not sure how the dynamic between them will play out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I understand what Cleganebowl is, but why would Sandor travel back to King's Landing just to fight his brother? Sure, he hates him, but imo that's not really enough motivation for him to return to the city that he hates just to fight and (possibly) kill his brother. Plus he's lame, so I doubt he'd be able to win against his brother anyways. Though I do like the idea that Clegane is the gravedigger, I just don't see them fighting.
Original post by tomtjl
I understand what Cleganebowl is, but why would Sandor travel back to King's Landing just to fight his brother? Sure, he hates him, but imo that's not really enough motivation for him to return to the city that he hates just to fight and (possibly) kill his brother. Plus he's lame, so I doubt he'd be able to win against his brother anyways. Though I do like the idea that Clegane is the gravedigger, I just don't see them fighting.

Tbh the whole cleganebowl thing is a bit of a joke among book readers. They know it isn't that likely to happen but its still fun to think about because everyone wants to see the Mountain vs the Hound

Even if they did fight, in their current conditions "Ser Robert Strong" would beat the hound as the hound's leg is still messed up so he would be in no condition to properly fight.
Original post by Jack1066
Tbh the whole cleganebowl thing is a bit of a joke among book readers. They know it isn't that likely to happen but its still fun to think about because everyone wants to see the Mountain vs the Hound

Even if they did fight, in their current conditions "Ser Robert Strong" would beat the hound as the hound's leg is still messed up so he would be in no condition to properly fight.

Ahh, fair enough. I've read most of the books but I'm not up to date on all of the theories :tongue:.

Tbh, Robert Strong seems pretty unbeatable. There were only about 5 people in the show who could have beaten him when the was The Mountain, but now he's undead he seems indestructible. Anything short of decapitation probably won't phase him.
Original post by tomtjl
Ahh, fair enough. I've read most of the books but I'm not up to date on all of the theories :tongue:.

Tbh, Robert Strong seems pretty unbeatable. There were only about 5 people in the show who could have beaten him when the was The Mountain, but now he's undead he seems indestructible. Anything short of decapitation probably won't phase him.

Thing is, because we haven't seen much of him, his weaknesses are not as well known. Some people aren't sure if he even has a head to decapitate, as the Mountain's skull was sent to Dorne.

Fire could be a weakness as it harms wights as well, but it looks like Robert Strong is a different kind of undead.

To defeat him it won't be in single combat, it'll take multiple people to take him down I think
Thing is, because we haven't seen much of him, his weaknesses are not as well known. Some people aren't sure if he even has a head to decapitate, as the Mountain's skull was sent to Dorne.

Fire could be a weakness as it harms wights as well, but it looks like Robert Strong is a different kind of undead.

To defeat him it won't be in single combat, it'll take multiple people to take him down I think

He certainly has a head in the show, as it was shown at the end of season 5, though how he has a head is a mystery to me with no skull :tongue:. Cersei will likely demand trial by combat, so whoever the faith's champion is will have to defeat him in single combat. I can't see Ser Strong losing, but perhaps there is a twist to the tale. It would be Martin's style to kill off Lancel (who could be the faith's champion?). Also, why go through the effort of creating Strong as a character only to kill him off 5 minutes later? We have to assume that whoever Strong faces, he will win. Perhaps he tries to kill the faith's leader during the battle?

They say the Mountain's skull was sent to Dorne. It was likely not his skull (or perhaps it is, and Qyburn is a much greater necromancer and taxidermist than we give him credit for).

I'd betcha that he could be killed, and I'd be willing to bet that he's not as good a fighter as the alive Mountain - do you think you'd be coping all that well in his situation? Nah. He'd totally be slower, at the very least!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jon not even targ :rofl2:

Everyone is in for this shock
The only reason why I think the Jon Snow storyline isn't finished is because in season 1, Ned Stark tells him that once he returns from King's Landing, he'll tell Jon about his mother.

As far as I know, no information has been given about Jon's mother? Would seem odd for them to mention it and then for it to be a dead end?

Latest