The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi,

I didn't get very good grades for AS : Biology (b) Chemistry (c) Physics (c) Mathematics (c). I was hoping for at least 3 A's.

If I repeat the whole AS year and then continue to A2 with the new system, would it hinder my chances of getting into medicine at Cambridge University?

Thanks.
Reply 61
Im doing my As year again as i got results that i didnt expect and now im doing them again but dropimg an A level and doing a Btec with media studies will i be at a disadvantage when i apply next year because my entry requirements are now two distictions and a grade C in media
Original post by LifeIsGood
I'm a resit student and honestly it worked out fine. I've applied for Biomed though so it is a bit different, however IF you do retake the year - let me know. I can give lots of tips.

Hi! Im thinking of taking bio-medical science in uni but i had to retake my as level due to getting bad grades :frown: what uni did you apply for? And could you give me any tips on how you applied for uni? Thanks a bunch :biggrin:
Reply 63
Could you also give me some tips as well please
Hey, I believe Unis understand that things don't always go as planned and nobody will frown at you if you apply next year. Now you just gotta work hard and then, when it comes to writing a PS next year you will only have to state that you had this kind of a gap year. Maybe it's just me but a candidate who decided to spend a year improving their skills seems highly motivated
Reply 65
Hey, I got BCU For Finance, Applied Business and Maths. My AS levels were bad, im now in A2 believing that I can get BB for Finance and Applied Business However ive also picked up As Accounting and I can't do A2 until next year of course. can i still get into loughborough if i get an A but it also means that i would have to take a year out to self teach my A2 Accounting is this still recognised i need help !
Reply 66
Bump
Reply 67
Original post by ApplesTrees
Hi,

I didn't get very good grades for AS : Biology (b) Chemistry (c) Physics (c) Mathematics (c). I was hoping for at least 3 A's.

If I repeat the whole AS year and then continue to A2 with the new system, would it hinder my chances of getting into medicine at Cambridge University?

Thanks.

I am retaking chem and physics but progressing bio to a2 new system with worse grades than that. I want to do medicine too, just not at cmabridge. Hopefully unis will take this into account for retakes with new system of may retakes instead of modules

Latest