The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

WelcomeFest card

Hi,

Why do I need a WelcomeFest card? Can I simply pay on the door to the events?

Thanks
Original post by Snakeruler
Hi,

Why do I need a WelcomeFest card? Can I simply pay on the door to the events?

Thanks

For the drinking events, the simple answer is yes. Technically you can pay on the door but you'll be waiting for a long time and you might not even get in if it fills to capacity before you get in.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
I accidentally threw mine in the bin a few weeks ago. Do you reckon I could get a new one sent to me?
If you're going to the events you might as well get a card. The drinking events will probably be really popular and not many people will get in on the door.
Original post by ImNotSuperman
I accidentally threw mine in the bin a few weeks ago. Do you reckon I could get a new one sent to me?

Ehhh, under the terms and conditions (here) it says 'If lost card is non-replaceable' so I think it may be unlikely, sorry. I think it's probably because I don't think the cards are linked to a person so if someone pretended to lose theirs when they hadn't, they could effectively get one for a friend for much cheaper.

That's what's putting me off getting the £99 which I was considering as a full year gives plenty of time to lose it and if you lose it before getting an end of year ball ticket, that's a lot of money wasted. They did it a much better way last year with the premium cards and wristbands which were much harder to lose. The premium cards (infinity card equivalent) was just put onto your normal student card so when they swiped your student card to get in, it came up that you had it. You obviously could get your student card replaced but it had your photo on it so nobody else could use it.

Quick Reply

Latest