The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends what position you applied for. Someone phoned me from their HQ and asked me a few more questions, but I applied for a Supervisor position. If it is a Sales Adviser position, if they are interested they will most likely phone you and invite you in for an interview/chat with one of the Sales Manager. From my experience they are quite relaxed.
Reply 2
I wonder if anyone can help me..

The Stock Movement Assistant..basically moving stock around at xmas I gather..does anyone have any idea what I would be asked to do in an assessment [which i have coming up?!] Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Reply 3
Anybodyyyyyy..?!

:frown:
Reply 4
No idea on any specifics. But when they say 'assessment' I guess they just mean a normal interview, like you would have for any job!
I have applied to debenhams two weeks. heard nothing so far. when did you applied?
Reply 6
How did you apply? If it was just handing a CV in in-store, then who knows. All depends if they have vacancies or not.
Reply 7
i have an assessment on saturday for sales advisor post... we basically have a group interview, a one-to-one interview and a team work task i believe
kaylaj86
i have an assessment on saturday for sales advisor post... we basically have a group interview, a one-to-one interview and a team work task i believe

Yeah I worked at Debenhams last year, we had to do some 'ice breaker' things such as talk the person next to us, which as actually really important as they were looking for eye contact etc. Then we were given an item of clothing and had to find something in the store that we would try to sell a customer buying that item (look at washing labels, price tags be inventive etc.) Then we had to fill in a form with lot of questions asking about time management etc before the one-to-one interview.
Alex Mann
How did you apply? If it was just handing a CV in in-store, then who knows. All depends if they have vacancies or not.

I applied online.
Reply 10
After I applied online, it was 3 weeks before the store contacted me. I would give it another week before giving up comletely on it.
I'm on the verge of giving up completely. I applied to two positions. I really wanted it, the Debenhams staff discounts would be great and I would love working with the clothes.

How did they contacted you? via telephone or online?
Reply 12
Alex Mann
After I applied online, it was 3 weeks before the store contacted me. I would give it another week before giving up comletely on it.

after I applied online, it was 12 hours before they contacted me
Reply 13
yeahyeahyeahs
I'm on the verge of giving up completely. I applied to two positions. I really wanted it, the Debenhams staff discounts would be great and I would love working with the clothes.

How did they contacted you? via telephone or online?

Well I had a phone interview with HQ, but that was only becasue I applied for a Supervisor position, and then the store phoned me 3 weeks later.
I applied about 3 weeks ago & still nothing. The job is ideal for me. :frown:
Hi everyone i applied last year for x-mas temp and the process is following it can take mroe than 2 weeks they get hundreds sometimes. They will cobntact you for maybe phone interview couple of questions maybe invite u to interview or just do it anyway. The interview process is following 10 people or more in group you do team building exercise, i had to with 5 other people rank 20 things to order and then explain why of each. You are then given an item to sell. This is all watched by the way by 5 sales managers or higher. They then seperately take you and u speak to one manager privately. You ahve a discussion yu chat some more and they then say goodbye. I found out the next day i got the job but wil usually tell you when you are going to tell you. They ring you whether u get in or not.

Good luck message me for further info
I was OXford St Flagship
Reply 16
chemistryman
Hi everyone i applied last year for x-mas temp and the process is following it can take mroe than 2 weeks they get hundreds sometimes. They will cobntact you for maybe phone interview couple of questions maybe invite u to interview or just do it anyway. The interview process is following 10 people or more in group you do team building exercise, i had to with 5 other people rank 20 things to order and then explain why of each. You are then given an item to sell. This is all watched by the way by 5 sales managers or higher. They then seperately take you and u speak to one manager privately. You ahve a discussion yu chat some more and they then say goodbye. I found out the next day i got the job but wil usually tell you when you are going to tell you. They ring you whether u get in or not.

Good luck message me for further info
I was OXford St Flagship

Just to add to that, that is how it should be done, although some stores cut corners. Also, you may have 5 managers in the group, but only 1 is watching you. They just have that many people in there to make sure everyone can be assessed. :smile:
omg ive got my group assessment tomorrow im so nervous !
how much is the discount lol
Well I've just applied online so we will see how that goes. The girl in debenhams told me they were desperate for staff sp here's hoping :smile:
Well... I applied online about 2/3 weeks ago.. but also gave in a CV to my local store in Chatham Kent
a women rang me today and asked me a few questions like can i proove i can work, what days i can work etc.
And i have a interview next saturday with a group.
so hopefully fingers crossed!

Latest

Trending

Trending