The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Medicine/Dentistry with Foundation Year (A104/A204) - Do you want to know more?

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone. I have a question to all dental students. I am on the fifth year of dentistry in Poland and after that i would like to make an internship in the Great Britain. Is it possible to apply now? or this deadline do apply (22nd september) is one and only deadline.? Is it another way to make an internship in your country?

Thank you in Advance for your responds!
Greetings.Karolina
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 81
Thanking you hugely. So encouraging...re-doing A-Level just seems like such an unnecessary and timely thing to do, I absolutely agree I would flourish better in a full time environment.

I am going to apply to Sussex (following a visit this December) and The Manchester College (Visit in June)

Any ideas what I could do to prepare myself, to best my chances of being accepted on these Access courses?! I'm re-reading AQA GCSE Maths and Sciences syllabuses, medical journals, preparing information about Doctor's job roles, upkeeping my work experience in Healthcare. I'm so nervous they will tell me I've missed something important, does anybody have any idea what their Access interview process could be like!?

ALl help appreciated! I've emailed and asked, but they are, probably intentionally, a little vague about what to expect. Here goes ehy........To the future *cheers* :smile:

* just realised how many "I"'s are in that- whoops sorry just reeling off!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,

I wanted to know if you could get into the A104 course with GCSE's at C.
hi i really want to do dentistry and i am doing law english lang and sociology at alevels and want to become a dentist however i got level 4s in gcse grade(c)is it worthwhile going here?will i get a garenteed uni acceptance at any uni?
Original post by cjpuddytat
Hi guys,

I've just finished the 'Pre-med' / Pre-dentistry Foundation Year at the University of Manchester and wanted to put myself forward if anyone has any questions about the course.

Since there are a very limited number of places on the course, the information available is lacking and when I applied I found it difficult to find out more about the course than what was on the UoM website.

Questions regarding course content/facilities/exam format/practical work etc are all welcome.

Whether you've been offered a place or are considering applying, reply to this thread with your questions and I will check back soon.

My daughter is studying in India under CBSE Board with science subjects. Can she apply for this course
Original post by cjpuddytat
Hi guys,

I've just finished the 'Pre-med' / Pre-dentistry

Foundation Year at the University of Manchester and wanted to put myself forward if anyone has any questions about the course.

Since there are a very limited number of places on the course, the information available is lacking and when I applied I found it difficult to find out more about the course than what was on the UoM

website.

Questions regarding course content/facilities/exam format/practical work etc are all welcome.

Whether you've been offered a place or are considering applying, reply to this thread with your questions and I will check back soon.

hi i am currently a alevel student who wants to do dentistry as a career however i am doing non science alevels law sociology and english laguage i want to apply to manchester to do a foundation year then progress onto the 5 year standard course could you tell me abit more about it and if they truely focus on gcse grades due to the fact i got As and A* but C in my sciences and C in my maths and B in english due to a situation. lets say i get AAA in my alevels will they still consider me i really want to do dentistry please respond asap many thanksxx😊
Original post by silanbozkurt1v
hi i am currently a alevel student who wants to do dentistry as a career however i am doing non science alevels law sociology and english laguage i want to apply to manchester to do a foundation year then progress onto the 5 year standard course could you tell me abit more about it and if they truely focus on gcse grades due to the fact i got As and A* but C in my sciences and C in my maths and B in english due to a situation. lets say i get AAA in my alevels will they still consider me i really want to do dentistry please respond asap many thanksxx😊

Hey, I have such a similar situation to you, would you fancy sending me a pm??:smile:xx
Original post by csmith812smith
Hey, I have such a similar situation to you, would you fancy sending me a pm??:smile:xx

hi i am new to student room so i am not sure what or how you do pms sorry how do it do it🙂xx
Original post by swadesh69
My daughter is studying in India under CBSE Board with science subjects. Can she apply for this course

Hi mate,
I’m doing foundation dentistry this year and can tell you they don’t let international students into their foundation courses at most places
Reply 89
Hi,I wanted to ask what you wrote on your personal statement? What subjects did you study?I wanted to also ask for advice because I want to do the same.
Reply 90
Hello Ive got an business studies foundation year can I move on to dentistry with my foundation year or not?
Hi hope you’re well, i want to do dentistry however don’t think i will get in due to my 5 in maths eventho i achieved 9s in my english and 7s in my sciences so i came across doing a foundation instead...however i don’t even think i’m eligible for this? could you please give me some advice as to whether i should bother or?
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending