The Student Room Group

TSR Physics Society

Scroll to see replies

it will add to ur ucas points, i think,which is a good thing. Are you going to put all your other AS on ucas?
Reply 261
I'll put the rest on there, but it might not look good having that D :\
so whats made you interested in physics? what particular aspect of physics do u like or is it general?
im starting uni....these are my first year modules i think:
im excited!!

Atoms, Nuclei and Matter

Cosmos

Dynamics and Relativity

Fields, Vibrations and Waves

Mathematics for Physical Scientists I and II

Investigative Physics I and II

Astrophysical Concepts

Computing on the Net

How the Human Body Works

although the maths and dynamics and relativity modules going to be interesting
the investigative(prac) and waves etc seem scary
and the rest look boring.
Reply 264
these are ur first year modules???are u sure??
electromagnetism is not in...oh u r soooo lucky....i hate it
i wish i could be taught only atoms and nuclei...
im not lucky! theyre boring man.
atoms an nuclei stuff they r prob going to be like chemistry like, i dont really like. different unis are going to have different modules arnt they?
i really cant concentrate unless i feel excited about something im learning.
Electromagnetism is worth studying. The earlier you start the more time you have to get used to it. It's nice to see the connection between electricity and magnetism.
Reply 267
i think so..these are my modules:

mechanics
thermal physics
vibrations and waves
physics laboratory 1 and 2
electromagnetism:frown:
quantum physics and relativity
computing techniques
basic mathematical methods
differential calculus and infinite series

i thought all unis would have the same modules..if i knew that there is no electromagnetism at cardiff i would accept the offer....
Reply 268
apple tree are u first or second year student????
wow i really like mechanics and maths and thermal physics the list u gave is what i call physics compared to my list, so what offer did leeds? give u, for entry?
Electromagnetism isn't that bad, you get to apply a lot of maths in it, then you got to interpret it, to see the connections. You look at things in steady state, then time varying. Laws simplify, stemming from a handful it would seem.
Reply 271
i like thermal physics too!!18/20 overall in apolytirion including at least 18/20 in both maths and physics..that was a piece of cake for me...cardiff made the same offer..i thought it would be harder to get a place...anw schools in cyprus work in different way than uk so i don't need gce...
Reply 272
ohh i hope u r right tree...where do u study??
erm i just got overall marks for modules i did fro A level, a's for all them maths chem an phys:smile: real happy with those.
I think optics should be taught more at A-level and above, I'm not very good at it myself.
I study at... a library in space, can that be an acceptable answer efty :redface:.
Reply 275
hey that's not an acceptable answer..:wink:
try again...:smile:
Reply 276
These are my first year modules I'm really looking forward to starting, it's so boring at home:

Numbers
Functions, differentiation and analytic geometry
Integration and differential equations
Introduction to quantum physics
Properties of matter
Sets and sequences
Matrices and multivariate calculus
Vectors and applications
Electricity and magnetism
Vibrations, waves and optics
omg thats a physics course??! that looks just maths lol. still its good.
http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=284441

i didnt know it was soo soon.

its their fith time?! thats what i heard on BBC o i remeber they couldnt lauch once for some reason.
Reply 279
.S.O.S.
so whats made you interested in physics? what particular aspect of physics do u like or is it general?

I just like understanding things, astrophysics in particular although i've always wanted to help design space craft... so maybe that points towards aeronautical engineering too :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest