The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow 2016 applicants

Hello everyone!

We have set this thread up for anyone who has applied to the University of Glasgow 2016. We know you will have lots of questions and we are here to help and make sure you get all the information you need to make the right decision-because it's such an important one.

We look forward to hearing from you.

The Offical Rep team at Glasgow
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Glasgow Uni
Hello everyone!

We have set this thread up for University of Glasgow applicants starting in 2016 to ask any questions they may have.

Hello,
I'm targeted BBB and currently do Business,Politics and media studies for A2.For the Politics/Business Management MA(SocSci) would I get an offer or not as your entry requirements stipulate AAB-BBB?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
I would very much like to do my degree at Glasgow, however I wanted to enquire about the layout of my degree programme. I'm aware that I will actually be taking 2 other courses along with my main degree in the first year but I was wondering if, as I am doing Psychology (Bsc) that it would be possible to do a Bsc in Psychology and then a subject such as Philosophy? or MUST it be another subject that is included in the Life Sciences department?
Hi :smile:

I did my undergraduate Psychology/French degree at Glasgow, so I have an MA because I studied arts subjects alongside Psychology. If you applied using the UCAS code for a BSc then yes, you'll choose your other subjects from sciences. I don't know all the details of exactly what subjects are included so I would suggest contacting [email protected] to check if you have a specific combination in mind. :smile:

I really liked the degree structure at Glasgow because it gives you flexibility in the first few years. I think it can also be useful when you're applying for jobs or postgrad courses to have a wider range of knowledge and skills.

Let us know if we can answer any other questions about the uni or the city!

Holly
Postgraduate rep
MSc Research Methods of Psychological Science
Reply 4
Hello everyone!

We have set this thread up for anyone who has applied to the University of Glasgow 2016. We know you will have lots of questions and we are here to help and make sure you get all the information you need to make the right decision-because it's such an important one.

Hi I've applied for
4Q21 Education with Teaching Qualification (Primary)and I wanted to ask when will you be telling the decisions?
Reply 5
Hello everyone!

Hi, I would like to apply for Comparative Literature and currently do the European Baccalaureate. If I have a predicted mark of just under an 8 overall (7.9) will I be automatically rejected?
Reply 6
Hi, Do you know if Glasgow has already sent out all their interviews for Medicine for this year ?
I've got an offer for an MSc in Brain Sciences, but I'm a bit concerned by the 4 week limit where apparently the offer might be withdrawn if I don't accept in that time. I need more time to decide, I haven't heard from anywhere else yet, what should I do?
i was wondering when we would hear about interviews for the teaching qualification in Primary too.
Original post by charreeeves97
i was wondering when we would hear about interviews for the teaching qualification in Primary too.

yeah i was wondering about this too. Has anyone been informed about interviews yet ?
Hello! I have applied for an Msc in Psychological Studies starting in Sept, 2016 at the University of Glasgow and have received a conditional Offer. I would love to connect with other students from the same course as mine. Feel free to message me. :-)
Hello! I want to apply for a Bsc of Economics in the University of Glasgow, but my main inquiry is about my grades. I reside in Panamá and my grading system is different to the one in the UK. I want to start in Sept 2016 and i also wanted to know if I have to do any foundation year. Thanks!
law offer holder, here.
Just sent our applications a week ago and my friend and I got an offer for MA (SocSci) Economics !! Conditional AAB
is anyone that have received an offer going to the pre-applicants visit day student party?
Reply 15
just got a conditional offer for microbiology :smile:
Has anyone got conditional offers for any languages at Glasgow yet? x
Original post by Cholesta
law offer holder, here.

Congratulations! when did you receive your offer? and what are they asking for?
Original post by Masterbob

AAA😀
Original post by Masterbob

21st Dec and AAA😀

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending