The Student Room Group

Tottenham Hotspur Society II

Scroll to see replies

February and March are long slogs. They've got eight games in 29 days during this month, and could find themselves with eight matches in March too.
Original post by Mackay
February and March are long slogs. They've got eight games in 29 days during this month, and could find themselves with eight matches in March too.

Yup. Fiorentina both legs and Palace in the cups. Think we can go all out. Maybe slightly worried about the situation at the back, but I suppose we have Dier and very good deputy depth in midfield - Carroll, Lamela and Chadli for example can easily come in.

Counting to the trip to Italy - eight working days to go not including today :excited:
Original post by rockrunride
Yup. Fiorentina both legs and Palace in the cups. Think we can go all out. Maybe slightly worried about the situation at the back, but I suppose we have Dier and very good deputy depth in midfield - Carroll, Lamela and Chadli for example can easily come in.

Counting to the trip to Italy - eight working days to go not including today :excited:

Florence is a lovely part of the world. Enjoy!
Original post by TeeEm
The FA cup is overrated and personally I could not care less about it.
Imagine the 6 points on the home defeats to Newcastle and Leicester, what the table would have looked like tonight despite our numerous draws ....

TeeEm you're a Spurs fan too! I think we can do well in all the competitions we are still in, and true, if we had only beaten Leicester we would be top!
Original post by stochasticking
TeeEm you're a Spurs fan too! I think we can do well in all the competitions we are still in, and true, if we had only beaten Leicester we would be top!

The one which hurt most was the Newcastle home defeat ...
We will do well, if we get above 70 points !!
Original post by TeeEm
The one which hurt most was the Newcastle home defeat ...
We will do well, if we get above 70 points !!

Yes true, I'd like to point out we did not have Dembele in both those games. He is so important to us. I think that's a little pessimistic :tongue: I think we can get 80 points with a good goal difference which just may be enough to win the league! :h:
Original post by stochasticking
Yes true, I'd like to point out we did not have Dembele in both those games. He is so important to us. I think that's a little pessimistic :tongue: I think we can get 80 points with a good goal difference which just may be enough to win the league! :h:

the big games are 2

the next few weeks will show ...

Man City away, Arsenal at home
and of course next week Arsenal v Leicester
Looking good for Man City next week tbh
All the focus for the title challenge is on Leicester but Spurs have the best GD (best defence in the league and only 2 less goals that the top scorers). Probably would say you guys are favourites at the moment.
Original post by YesAllMen
Looking good for Man City next week tbh

Absolutely huge game. It's also likely (and fortunate) that out of the XI that took the 6-0 thrashing two seasons ago, only Lloris will be starting. Lamela might, but I'd actually start Son over him atm.

Zerforax
All the focus for the title challenge is on Leicester but Spurs have the best GD (best defence in the league and only 2 less goals that the top scorers). Probably would say you guys are favourites at the moment.

You do know this GD is out of this world for us. Even when we came top four in 09/10 and 11/12, I'm fairly sure our GD was the worst of those around us.

To win the damn thing.. ohmigod. Beyond the dreams of most. I still think top 4 and/or FA Cup/Europa League would be excellent. Would much rather win Europa than FA Cup though.
Absolutely huge game. It's also likely (and fortunate) that out of the XI that took the 6-0 thrashing two seasons ago, only Lloris will be starting. Lamela might, but I'd actually start Son over him atm.

You do know this GD is out of this world for us. Even when we came top four in 09/10 and 11/12, I'm fairly sure our GD was the worst of those around us.

To win the damn thing.. ohmigod. Beyond the dreams of most. I still think top 4 and/or FA Cup/Europa League would be excellent. Would much rather win Europa than FA Cup though.

Well your defence is solid and Kane and Alli seem to be regular scorers with others chipping in. No reason why it can't continue.

Main thing would be to try and finish top 3 rather than top 4 so you can avoid the CL qualifiers. Harder to get players to commit to signing when you say "we've got CL football" where the retort is "only if you get through the qualifiers".
Most pleasing aspect for Spurs fans must be their defensive solidity. They have only conceded on six occasions at White Hart Lane this season, which is less than half of the matches they've played there. Aldeweireld deserves credit, because he has been such a good signing and probably the best out of all the ransacked Southampton players.
Tickets for Fiorentina away are ten a penny on Twitter. Was hoping we were going to get a thousand out there. Looks like people were just buying them up to accrue loyalty points.

Original post by Mackay
Most pleasing aspect for Spurs fans must be their defensive solidity. They have only conceded on six occasions at White Hart Lane this season, which is less than half of the matches they've played there. Aldeweireld deserves credit, because he has been such a good signing and probably the best out of all the ransacked Southampton players.

Aye. Him and Vertonghen have been fantastic. Slated the latter under Sherwood because he came across as disinterested. I was definitely wrong to do so - he could have easily left for an established CL team by now if that were the case. He's not exactly young any more...
Tickets for Fiorentina away are ten a penny on Twitter. Was hoping we were going to get a thousand out there. Looks like people were just buying them up to accrue loyalty points.

Aye. Him and Vertonghen have been fantastic. Slated the latter under Sherwood because he came across as disinterested. I was definitely wrong to do so - he could have easily left for an established CL team by now if that were the case. He's not exactly young any more...

Voted best defender in SSN's poll today.
Massive. COYS!
Never a pen. Don't care.
Spurs got lucky
City have lost to Leicester, Liverpool and potentially Tottenham on their own turf. Hardly title-winning credentials.
If it's not Leicester I hope it's you lot. You have a real chance now.
**** yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Quick Reply

Latest