The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I failed once because of idiot drivers and I'm sure these tests deliberately fail people
Original post by Learner-t80
I failed mine last week as the examiner said I had breaked harshly at the pedestrian crossing. The car behind me could have hit me. I left wondering why didn't the car behind me leave a safe gap despite following a learners car. Anyway I think the examiners follow certain guidelines and can only pass a certain numbers every week/month. Does anyone agree/disagree??

Yep I agree, I failed once for the silliest of reason. I am a perfect driver but this car decided to cut in front of me making me break harshly and the examiner failed me because of that
Hi Everyone,Quick question- How many minors are you allowed under one criteria (for the same fault), before it is marked as a dangerous/majorThank You
Original post by AmazingAmirah786
Hi Everyone,Quick question- How many minors are you allowed under one criteria (for the same fault), before it is marked as a dangerous/majorThank You

3 :smile:
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
3 :smile:

Thanks- 3 is going to be tough!
Thanks- 3 is going to be tough!

Is there any area in particular you are worried about?
Is there any area in particular you are worried about?

Not really, just worried about making the same mistake more than 3 times, and getting a major/dangerous. Have you passed?
Not really, just worried about making the same mistake more than 3 times, and getting a major/dangerous. Have you passed?

I have :smile: Try not to worry too much, it can make you drive worse
He really ****ing wanted me to fail.

Down a 70 mile an hour dual carriage way multiple times, every major roundabout, country lanes, an emergency stop, hill starts.

He finally got me for being too slow on merging with the 70MPH dual carriageway. Cars wouldn't let me into the lane but that doesn't matter, I still should have reached 60 in the 100 metres before I hit the wall at the end.

Now I have to wait until may if I can't find a cancellation. What a load of ********.
I have :smile: Try not to worry too much, it can make you drive worse

ty. and when parallel parking, how close do you have to be to the curve at the end, before the examiner fails you?
Original post by TheThugSlug

Down a 70 mile an hour dual carriage way multiple times, every major roundabout, country lanes, an emergency stop, hill starts.

He finally got me for being too slow on merging with the 70MPH dual carriageway. Cars wouldn't let me into the lane but that doesn't matter, I still should have reached 60 in the 100 metres before I hit the wall at the end.

Now I have to wait until may if I can't find a cancellation. What a load of ********.

I really feel for you. Some examiners are c****. Its down to luck mainly, hope you pass soon :smile:
ty. and when parallel parking, how close do you have to be to the curve at the end, before the examiner fails you?

As long as you aren't touching the kerb you should be fine. My examiner always said to aim to be a drains width away from the kerb
As long as you aren't touching the kerb you should be fine. My examiner always said to aim to be a drains width away from the kerb

Thanks :smile: And when pulling out of a t junction do you have to wait for the other driver to turn in before you pull out in case they change their mind?

And I always get confused between when to do 30 or 40. Would it be safe to say, 'do 30 when unsure' -However, I could fail for underspeeding right????
Thanks :smile: And when pulling out of a t junction do you have to wait for the other driver to turn in before you pull out in case they change their mind?

And I always get confused between when to do 30 or 40. Would it be safe to say, 'do 30 when unsure' -However, I could fail for underspeeding right????

I'm not too sure about your first question sorry! But I think they have right of way on the road if they are already on the road you are turning into

with speed limits, try your best to be aware of the signs for the speed- its the only safe thing to do. If you are on a 40mph road and you are driving at 30mph for too long you can fail for under speeding however if you are driving on a 30mph road and do 40, you fail for speeding.

Do you have a test booked for soon?
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm not too sure about your first question sorry! But I think they have right of way on the road if they are already on the road you are turning into

with speed limits, try your best to be aware of the signs for the speed- its the only safe thing to do. If you are on a 40mph road and you are driving at 30mph for too long you can fail for under speeding however if you are driving on a 30mph road and do 40, you fail for speeding.

Do you have a test booked for soon?

yes Thurday :smile:
Feel really down since failing my test last week, just feel like i'm never going to pass 😔 I'm going abroad for a year in September too, so I only have probably 2 chances left to pass
Original post by Glitter12
I'm going abroad for a year in September too, so I only have probably 2 chances left to pass

You've got ages, you could fit a fair few in in that time but I'd spend more time on some lessons and try and be really prepared next time round.
Original post by TheThugSlug

I know the feeling these driving tests are an absolute ***************.
Just realise that there are lots of people in the same boat including me
(edited 8 years ago)
yes Thurday :smile:

Found a cancellation for today, unfortunately failed due to a stupid error (indicating right too early before turning, driver behind horned at me ever so loudly!!) :frown:
Original post by Glitter12
Feel really down since failing my test last week, just feel like i'm never going to pass 😔 I'm going abroad for a year in September too, so I only have probably 2 chances left to pass

Don't lose hope! Was that your first test?

Found a cancellation for today, unfortunately failed due to a stupid error (indicating right too early before turning, driver behind horned at me ever so loudly!!) :frown:

Oh noo I'm sorry to hear that :frown: Definitely get some more lessons in and book another test