The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

aah why am I on my freaking period when Im taking the pill! Ive been on it for a week as well :mad: my periods usually last 4-5 days not 7 and I'm not even meant to be on it :frown:

it's making me uber stressed..
Reply 241
Fleece
For every 100 women that take it, one will get pregnant.

Je pense.

In a year, yes.
I'm on the pill and i've been on my week off scince monday its now thursday and i'm still not on my period. *worried face*
Reply 243
Anonymous
I'm on the pill and i've been on my week off scince monday its now thursday and i'm still not on my period. *worried face*

When i was on the pill i didnt start my period intill the 7th day break
i just gone on cilest, r der any side effects
Reply 245
sexy hottie

cilest really buggered me up inside when i had them. i had every side effect (bloating, bleeding really heavily, sore boobs, cramps etc) going and i was on iron pills and had to take my period days off because i was that ill. But i have a history of body going iffy with the pill. Im on Microgynon30 now and things are much better.
Okay.
So I took the morning after pill about 2-3 weeks ago. I got my period and it was supposed to finish on Monday.
A couple of days after it was supposed to I started bleeding again. Its basically as if i'm getting my period again =/
What's going on?
don't want to sound stupid but have only been taking my pill for 1 and a half months so am kinda new to it all... just wondering how safe it is to have sex without a condom whilst on the pill? my bf didn't come inside me though.

also sometimes i've taken my pill a couple of hours late (never more than 12) - will i still be protected? the info in the box says it's ok but is it best to take at the same hour everytime?

sorry if my questions have already been asked before! :smile: thanks everyone xx
Anonymous
don't want to sound stupid but have only been taking my pill for 1 and a half months so am kinda new to it all... just wondering how safe it is to have sex without a condom whilst on the pill? my bf didn't come inside me though.

also sometimes i've taken my pill a couple of hours late (never more than 12) - will i still be protected? the info in the box says it's ok but is it best to take at the same hour everytime?

sorry if my questions have already been asked before! :smile: thanks everyone xx

its always best to take it at the same time, and always have your pills with you if theres a chance you might be...stopping over somewhere.
the best advice is to make taking your pill part of your routine. take your pill, brushg your teeth, wash. (etc).
Yes, its fine to take a pill a few hours late - so long as it is either an oestrogen containing pill (commonly reffered to as 'the pill', or the 'Combined oral pill/COP'). With the 'mini-pills' aka the 'progesterone only pill/POP' you really aught take it within a very fine time period - try never to take it more than 1 or 2 hours either side of your 'time'. the exception is the newest POP cerazette which is more like a normal pill.

hope that helps
jam
Robot Chicken
its always best to take it at the same time, and always have your pills with you if theres a chance you might be...stopping over somewhere.
the best advice is to make taking your pill part of your routine. take your pill, brushg your teeth, wash. (etc).
Yes, its fine to take a pill a few hours late - so long as it is either an oestrogen containing pill (commonly reffered to as 'the pill', or the 'Combined oral pill/COP'). With the 'mini-pills' aka the 'progesterone only pill/POP' you really aught take it within a very fine time period - try never to take it more than 1 or 2 hours either side of your 'time'. the exception is the newest POP cerazette which is more like a normal pill.

hope that helps
jam

thanks jam! mine says you can take it up to 12 hrs late but i'm sure this isn't recommended. the only other thing i was worried about was using the pill as the only form of contraception, as i did the other day - how reliable is the pill by itself if the guy comes outside of you?
Anonymous
thanks jam! mine says you can take it up to 12 hrs late but i'm sure this isn't recommended. the only other thing i was worried about was using the pill as the only form of contraception, as i did the other day - how reliable is the pill by itself if the guy comes outside of you?

well its about 97-99% effective as is - meaning that 1 woman out of 100 will find herself pregnant having used it as a contraceptive method for a year. i always think thats a touch low, probably to cover their own backs.
if he coems outside, that will go up a few smidges. if you use condoms as well it will go up even more smidges.
but if this a regular partner for whom you don't need to worry about STDs, then don't worry about it so long as you follow the pill instructions.
Robot Chicken
well its about 97-99% effective as is - meaning that 1 woman out of 100 will find herself pregnant having used it as a contraceptive method for a year. i always think thats a touch low, probably to cover their own backs.
if he coems outside, that will go up a few smidges. if you use condoms as well it will go up even more smidges.
but if this a regular partner for whom you don't need to worry about STDs, then don't worry about it so long as you follow the pill instructions.

thanks hun, you've been a really big help :smile:
Reply 252
condoms- strange devices they are. I got a question, qoute me would be nice.
But, do you need to have like a little pocket at the tip of the condom?

Becasue when i do it, its normally just smooth, no pocket.
Then i read a few weeks ago that they say that you need to have a pocket.
when putting it on, grap the end with your thumb or something, so that when your wearing it, it has like a flag or something on the end, which is like meant to get the sperms.

pocket or no?

Help? cause will this pocket thing kinda slow down, stop, or anyway annoy my lovemaking life?
Reply 253
Nalced

when putting it on, grap the end with your thumb or something, so that when your wearing it, it has like a flag or something on the end, which is like meant to get the sperms.

pocket or no?

Help? cause will this pocket thing kinda slow down, stop, or anyway annoy my lovemaking life?

You're meant to squeeze the end when you put it on so that you don't have a bubble of air at the end of the condom, which could cause it to burst. So you're basically just squeezing the air out and yes the 'pocket' should be there but it shouldn't have air in.
Reply 254
You're meant to squeeze the end when you put it on so that you don't have a bubble of air at the end of the condom, which could cause it to burst. So you're basically just squeezing the air out and yes the 'pocket' should be there but it shouldn't have air in.

thanks man.:redface:
Reply 255
sexy hottie

My friend has been on cilest for about two years, and has had no problems. It even cleared up her skin!
Reply 256
Anyway, ive just gone on the mini pill - I had probs with microgynon, where i had a possible allergic reaction, so ive been put on a progesterone only pill. Does anyone have any advice or experience?
Nalced

pocket or no?

the pocket (aka resevoir) won't hinder you in any way shape or form. If a condom doesn't have a resevoir then there are two main concerns
1) the pressure of the ejaculation will cause the condom to split, increasing unwanted pregnancy (plus std transmission) risks.
2) the ejaculate will instead be forced down the inside walls of the condom, acting as a lubricant, increasing the risk the condom will slip off before a 'controlled withdrawal' can take place. You don't want to have a used jonny left inside you...
Reply 258
B_e_x
Anyway, ive just gone on the mini pill - I had probs with microgynon, where i had a possible allergic reaction, so ive been put on a progesterone only pill. Does anyone have any advice or experience?

Which one have they put you on? I've been put on Cerazette, and love it. I don't have a break, just take a pill every day (unlike with combined pills), I tend to do it when I wake up. I have, so far, had regualr periods, fairly long but light, with no pain. But I am a little more hormonal than I was before, I get teary over things that wouldn't bother me, but I've also recently had major surgery and it could be an issue with my recovery, or a combination of the two. I am happy on this pill, but if you have any issues your doctor can help!
Hope that was of some use
Nat
x
Reply 259
Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts about this.

Last week my GP put me on Dianette as my skin is really bad at the moment. Ive taken it in the past, ages ago when I was about 15. Apparantly I can only take it for 6 months and thats it.

So Ive been taking it for a week and my skin is just awful, much worse than it normally is, and my skin is normally quite bad as a rule. Im covered in spots, really huge painful ones, and I cant seem to get rid of any.

Would this be because of the Dianette, I mean, are the spots supposed to get worse before they get better? I dont think I can cope with taking it for 6 months if this is going to be a side affect!!

Latest