The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Clare College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
crazy_muse
Hey I'm applying to Clare to read Classics. I chose it because it seemed like an unpretentious place and had lots going on in the social scene!

Only a poor person would say something like that.
Disclaimer: I am currently far from gruntled.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 21
anyone have any info on the pilot sps thinking skills test?
cheers
Reply 22
when does our SAQ have to be given back by? Also when do we here about interviews?
Reply 23
I posted my SAQ last week- got my interview dates sent to me on Friday. That's medicine though and it might not even take place if I score lower than a certain mark in the BMAT :frown: So I could get a phone call cancelling it !! NOOOoooooo. I am dreading the date when the results come.
Reply 24
You have to get a certain score? ouch! Makes economics look like a walk in the park, I exaggerate obviously. Thats so jokes tho- they ring and cancel it.
Reply 25
I was thinking maybe just unplug my phone for a while until the interview day, then turn up for the interview anyway (lol MAKE them interview me) and pretend I never knew :p:
Reply 26
Armenian89
when does our SAQ have to be given back by? Also when do we here about interviews?

Mine for History had to be received by the 10th, i think. It got sent off on Friday with my written work, so i hope to hear something this week....
Reply 27
Hi guys, any news on your applications? clare sent me a letter today inviting me to interview. anyone else have a similar reply? good luck.
Reply 28
Yep, i got one yesterday inviting me for two interviews on the 5th. I'll hopefully be staying over on the 4th. Just a quick question to the Clare students already there, the letter mentioned current students being there for the interviews for coffee/reassuring talks etc but don't you all leave at the end of November?
Easy as ABC
Oh, and there's another girl applying for Law. She is really intimidating when it comes to interviews etc! Look out Clare!

lol! I'm applying to clare for law! im really hoping ur not referring 2 me :p:
But im not imtimidating at all! :smile:

Have people got their interviews through yet? I got mine today - 2 interviews and a test and 6th Dec :eek: lol! I havn't been asked for any written work yet tho????

anyhoo... nice 2 hear from other clare applicants :smile:
Yep, i got one yesterday inviting me for two interviews on the 5th. I'll hopefully be staying over on the 4th. Just a quick question to the Clare students already there, the letter mentioned current students being there for the interviews for coffee/reassuring talks etc but don't you all leave at the end of November?

Not really, some of us (i.e. me...) now live here due to work over the holidays etc etc. Other people are invited to stay by the UCS, the college student union. Hence there are people around!
Reply 31
FadeToBlackout
Not really, some of us (i.e. me...) now live here due to work over the holidays etc etc. Other people are invited to stay by the UCS, the college student union. Hence there are people around!

Ah ok, i'd like to apologise in advance then for the quantity of pointless and irritating questions that i am likely to ask about History at Clare while padding the time out before my interview. :smile:
economics! got my interview on dec 7th :smile:
Reply 33
not me but my best friend applied to study law
and she got an interview for the 4th Decemeber!

Lydx
lydster
not me but my best friend applied to study law
and she got an interview for the 4th Decemeber!

Lydx

Yay, someone else with an interview on the 4th!! Do you know if she's staying over on the sunday night, the 3rd?? That also seems rather nervewracking!!
Reply 35
Hi atz, how are you going to prepare for your interview? Look forward to possible meeting you on the 7th
Reply 36
Im applying for nat sci at clare.

Do think it will make a difference that i only just sent the SAQ off in time?
Nope, not at all. They gather them up in the Tutorial Office all in one go, anyway, so it doesn't matter. I know for a fact that my SAQ arrived on the day of the deadline or late the previous day, I'd had to Special Deliver it.

In other news, I was in the applications office the otehr day sorting out some stuff and they had big piles of CAFs and were inputting them into the computers... it was rather tempting to take a look. I didn't, though.
I have my interview on the 4th as well and am staying over on the 3rd cause I have to do a test. Yeah...it is kinda nervewracking! Oh, arch and anth.
Reply 39
I've got my interviews on the 5th! Does anyone else have the same for English? It'd be nice to meet up.

It's the day after I come back from holiday in Rome... I'm going to be so tired! I might end up speaking to the tutor in Italian or something!

Quick Reply