The Student Room Group

TSR Smokers' Society

Scroll to see replies

Sephrenia
So..how many of you smokers have asthma? Or a history of asthma...:hmmm:

When I was younger, I used to have asthma quite badly.My cough sounded more like a bark. Once I got told off by a teacher who thought I was just making a stupid noise when I was actually coughing & the whole class told her so, but she woudnt have any of it! It isnt b***dy easy to hold in a natural reaction :mad:

Around my teenage years, it just gradually faded. When I was 15, I started smoking & it didnt aggravate my asthma at all. I havent needed to use my inhaler since I was 14.

To be honest, I think its strange how smoking hasnt affected my asthma at all, but hey Im not complaining!

P.s Non smokers: There really is no point you coming in here to lecture us is there? No one is going to listen to you in the SMOKER'S society are they? So b***er off. Before you catch some of our deadly passive smoke, which can kill you with a single breath I believe :biggrin:
Bubblebee
I don't have asthma, if you have asthma then don't smoke... simple?

Why do you lot think you are so superior? I mean, it's not that you have actively made the decision not to smoke (apart from a few who I admire imensely) it's just you haven't wanted to smoke.

Lets face it, if I light up in a bar it will affect at most two or three people... however the smugness of you kind of people affects everyone you encounter and could eventually drive them to drastic measures... (murder I hope)

Was the end of that directed at me? You probably don't know me that well, but most of the time I am sarcastic - and that was supposed to be a slightly sarcastic comment. Personally I don't give a **** if someone smokes - their life, their health and their decision. If it was someone I was very close to then I might try to persuade them to stop, but at the end of the day its their choice! The only reason I asked the question is that I had just been arguing with a mate who smokes - she has asthma, about 10x as bad as me - she gets hospitalised regularily, about smoking....
Know Your Enemy
When I was younger, I used to have asthma quite badly.My cough sounded more like a bark. Once I got told off by a teacher who thought I was just making a stupid noise when I was actually coughing & the whole class told her so, but she woudnt have any of it! It isnt b***dy easy to hold in a natural reaction :mad:

Around my teenage years, it just gradually faded. When I was 15, I started smoking & it didnt aggravate my asthma at all. I havent needed to use my inhaler since I was 14.

To be honest, I think its strange how smoking hasnt affected my asthma at all, but hey Im not complaining!

P.s Non smokers: There really is no point you coming in here to lecture us is there? No one is going to listen to you in the SMOKER'S society are they? So b***er off. Before you catch some of our deadly passive smoke, which can kill you with a single breath I believe :biggrin:

Nasty...at least your asthma faded...Mine was supposed to go when I was about 13...Im 17 now - still here...:rolleyes:
Reply 83
Sephrenia
So..how many of you smokers have asthma? Or a history of asthma...:hmmm:

Cigarettes killed my father... and raped my mother!
Reply 84
Know Your Enemy

*lights up a fag

I think you want the Catholic society, mate.

(Old joke, I know...)
Reply 85
2 5 +

(Old joke, I know...)

:toofunny:
Reply 86
Lib North
Cigarettes... raped my mother!

That surely wouldn't be too bad; unless it was an entire pack of 20 at once, or if the cigarette was lit.
Reply 87
I'm in!
Reply 88
foxo
That surely wouldn't be too bad; unless it was an entire pack of 20 at once, or if the cigarette was lit.

Ouchies, I don't claim to know much about vaginas but that must hurt!
Reply 89
paddylad
Ouchies, I don't claim to know much about vaginas but that must hurt!

'Nae joy, pal' as they say in Glasgow. :biggrin:
Reply 90
I've started smoking since I came to uni, Marlboro Reds being my cancer-stick of choice. I tried Davidoff's and the whole pack was gone in about 4 hours, they just don't seem to satisfy and the taste is too soft for me. Roll ups are also very nice and cheap, I think I'll have to move on to them when my loan runs out to complete the impoverished student look.
Lib North
Cigarettes killed my father... and raped my mother!

Lol :biggrin: "Lets fine the tobacco companies infinity billion dollars!" :biggrin:
2 5 +

(Old joke, I know...)

I should post it in there for a laugh. Is there a TSR Catholic Society?

'LETS GO & LIGHT UP SOME FAGS!' It would be interesting to see who agrees. Lol :biggrin:
Reply 93
Know Your Enemy
I should post it in there for a laugh. Is there a TSR Catholic Society?

'LETS GO & LIGHT UP SOME FAGS!' It would be interesting to see who agrees. Lol :biggrin:

Gah. Stop moaning about Catholics inside my society, I do have an ounce of allegiance to my heritage. :wink:

Besides, the Protestants are 10x worse. :p:
foxo
Gah. Stop moaning about Catholics inside my society, I do have an ounce of allegiance to my heritage. :wink:

Besides, the Protestants are 10x worse. :p:

Oops, sorry :redface:

So is there a TSR Protestant Society then? :p:
Hello my fellow suicidical people!

How is the nicotine intoxicating you this fine evening?
Ive had plenty more intoxicating substances than nicotine, but fine thank you. :smile:
Reply 97
Know Your Enemy
Oops, sorry :redface:

So is there a TSR Protestant Society then? :p:

I'm sure an email to these folks will do: http://www.grandorange.org.uk/ :wink:
foxo

Asking about smoking or homosexuals?
foxo

Lol :biggrin: I am tempted to write an email saying:

Dear Sir/Madam

YOU SHOULD TRY LIGHTING UP A FAG! ITS GREAT FOR RELIEVING STRESS! IT SMELLS A BIT THOUGH :smile:

K.Y.E

:wink:

Quick Reply