The Student Room Group

Cheese's Summer of Some Sort

Scroll to see replies

Entry no.9 (my lucky number :awesome:)
So another pretty cool day!Pretty cool because I got to meet some fellow Placementers! One works in the same office as me but he was ill the other 2 days :emo: but I've finally met him and he's really nice and has a similar project to me, except for instead of liquid nitrogen engines, he's focusing on more renewable engines! The other 2 students I met are doing projects on rivers and facial reconstruction, pretty cool huh! :cool:
Did some more research in the morning, then went for lunch with the newly befriended fellow placementers, we grabbed some sandwiches and went for a walk to a hilly area near the train station, it was really nice, just a bit steep :fan: (lol im so unfit :frown: )
Then after we returned, I went to the lab and did some measuring. Used the dreaded, the horrid, the unreasonably hard to use VERNIER CALLIPERS :afraid:
was alright, AS Physics prepared me for their use :lol:
took some images as well
Once I had all my data, went back to the office and averaged out diameters etc before searching for any online information about each of the injectors I'd measured
PRAISE GOOGLE - I found a few decent websites :biggrin: :dance: :tongue:
After that it was time to get the train back haha :wink:
I was so tired I fell asleep on the train with duran duran on at volume 7 :lol: @Amellia123
When we got home I made dessert, (butterscotch angel delight :perv: )
So yh, cool day :biggrin:
Quick pinta game and bed for me lol

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
x

Awesome! Sounds like a great day all in all :biggrin:
Why did you have to use that emoji for the butterscotch angel delight? :colonhash::tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matrix123
Awesome! Sounds like a great day all in all :biggrin:
Why did you have to use that emoji for the butterscotch angel delight? :colonhash::tongue:
Posted from TSR Mobile

it was pretty good :biggrin:
urm :erm:
because :yep:
An other :awesome: day :awesome: :awesome:
:woo:

Spoiler

it was pretty good :biggrin:
urm :erm:
because :yep:

:rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FrenchUnicorn
An other :awesome: day :awesome: :awesome:
:woo:

Spoiler

IKR

Spoiler

IKR

Spoiler

Ty for the rep cheesyeasy :ahee:
Ty for the rep cheesyeasy :ahee:

np
Unicornyworny

Spoiler

on the train today I just listened to their songs :colondollar:
my faves today were notorious, planet earth :love: , the reflex ofc :mmm: and rio

Ahh I see, nothing to be shameful of :teehee: I just have their first 3 albums on repeat when I'm home :lol: Notorious is the best Duran song when 3 of them carried on, "I don't want your love" is also a good one to check out :biggrin: Rio is just :daydreaming:
Entry no.10 (10! I didn't think I was even going to blog :rofl:)
Ngl when I say today was pretty uneventful :tongue:
So after the late train, did some research then had a meeting with my supervisor.That gave me a helping hand I needed to continue :biggrin:
I formulated 4 drawings of ideas for the orientation of the injector
All that's left is to decide on the material of the support :wink:
After that I went for lunch with those other nuffield people - we went to the canteen, I got me some spicy chicken thing and chips (was so :yum:)
Then we went for a walk and got ice cream (double caramel magnum ofc :fan: :drool:)
Then we played some chess before retiring to research again :lol:
I left a bit early intending to get home in time to go to the chemists before it shuts (7pm)
BUT THE TRAINS WERE SO DELAYED!
:colonhash: :shakecane: :mad: :angry: :frown: :colonhash: :shakecane: :mad: :angry: :frown: :colonhash: :shakecane: :mad: :angry: :frown:
Legit got to three bridges at 5:44 pm and was there until 18:05 because my train was so delayed I had to get one that only took me halfway home. Then I had to wait another 50 minutes to get home :emo:
AND THE STRIKES ARE FOR NEXT WEEK!
#ripcheese #cheeseisscrewed #wtfsouthern
so yeah!
I am going to the doctor's tomorrow so will be late in, I don't expect much to be happening. So thanks for bearing with me fellow humans :h:

Spoiler

Double caramel magnum is so ahee :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :ahee:

I hate when trains are delayed :colonhash:
Entry no.10 (10! I didn't think I was even going to blog :rofl:)
Ngl when I say today was pretty uneventful :tongue:
So after the late train, did some research then had a meeting with my supervisor.That gave me a helping hand I needed to continue :biggrin:
I formulated 4 drawings of ideas for the orientation of the injector
All that's left is to decide on the material of the support :wink:
After that I went for lunch with those other nuffield people - we went to the canteen, I got me some spicy chicken thing and chips (was so :yum:)
Then we went for a walk and got ice cream (double caramel magnum ofc :fan: :drool:)
Then we played some chess before retiring to research again :lol:
I left a bit early intending to get home in time to go to the chemists before it shuts (7pm)
BUT THE TRAINS WERE SO DELAYED!
:colonhash: :shakecane: :mad: :angry: :frown: :colonhash: :shakecane: :mad: :angry: :frown: :colonhash: :shakecane: :mad: :angry: :frown:
Legit got to three bridges at 5:44 pm and was there until 18:05 because my train was so delayed I had to get one that only took me halfway home. Then I had to wait another 50 minutes to get home :emo:
AND THE STRIKES ARE FOR NEXT WEEK!
#ripcheese #cheeseisscrewed #wtfsouthern
so yeah!
I am going to the doctor's tomorrow so will be late in, I don't expect much to be happening. So thanks for bearing with me fellow humans :h:

Spoiler

PRSOM :emo:

Keep blogging, you're awesome at it :hat2:
Double caramel magnum is so ahee :gah: :gah: :gah: :gah: :ahee:

I hate when trains are delayed :colonhash:

ikr :ahee:
:gah::colonhash: sometimes I think, well, if they cant do it maybe I should learn how to do it
So, anyone wanna be the conductor, I'll try learn to drive, lets show Southern how its done :yep::rofl:

Original post by raniafern
PRSOM :emo:

Keep blogging, you're awesome at it :hat2:

aww thanku :hugs:
:biggrin:
@CheeseIsVeg what's your memrise account name? :ninja:

Spoiler

Original post by TheHaunted.
@CheeseIsVeg what's your memrise account name? :ninja:

Spoiler

Greenie9 I think
I need to get back into memrise, been a while since i used my acc really :erm:
Greenie9 I think
I need to get back into memrise, been a while since i used my acc really :erm:

Wait, I can't even seem to follow members on memrise.. :ashamed:

Spoiler

Original post by TheHaunted.
Wait, I can't even seem to follow members on memrise.. :ashamed:

Spoiler

lol i love ur username :lol:
I may consider re-frenching there
but my german is too dead to rekindle
I may also consider some maths/science revision on it too :biggrin:But I dunno if I'll have time! :frown:
lol i love ur username :lol:
I may consider re-frenching there
but my german is too dead to rekindle
I may also consider some maths/science revision on it too :biggrin:But I dunno if I'll have time! :frown:

Tyvm :hat2:
Oh dang.. I'm gonna focusing on German. :emo: But I guess I could always do some French as well?
Hmm, whenever you do have time, okay?
Entry no.11
Ngl when I say today was more uneventful than yesterday :bebored:
So I had the doctors appointment in the morning, to do with my acne, which was fine, I guess :colonhash:
Bought lunch for the train, pasta salad and some s and v crisps :mmm:
Then, after a long train journey, got straight into work :yep: so productive :ninjagirl:
I focused on incorporating my research into my report, which was much harder and took much longer than I thought it would :colonhash:Mainly bibliography making (uuuuuurrgghh why :frown: )
After that, I went home via the train. I was really scared I was going to miss it (I have to change trains twice, and the 2nd train was so late, I thought I was going to have to wait for the next one after it (which is always delayed and was cancelled yesterday :erm: ) but luckily it turned out to be more delayed so I got home in time for pizza :teehee:
Very excited because tomorrow, I'm going to see finding dory! :excited:
So goodnight from me because I need to catch up on some sleep haha :lol:

Spoiler

@Plagioclase safe journey m8 :hat2: And I really hope you are all having a great summer! :ahee:

Spoiler

Entry no.11
Ngl when I say today was more uneventful than yesterday :bebored:
So I had the doctors appointment in the morning, to do with my acne, which was fine, I guess :colonhash:
Bought lunch for the train, pasta salad and some s and v crisps :mmm:
Then, after a long train journey, got straight into work :yep: so productive :ninjagirl:
I focused on incorporating my research into my report, which was much harder and took much longer than I thought it would :colonhash:Mainly bibliography making (uuuuuurrgghh why :frown: )
After that, I went home via the train. I was really scared I was going to miss it (I have to change trains twice, and the 2nd train was so late, I thought I was going to have to wait for the next one after it (which is always delayed and was cancelled yesterday :erm: ) but luckily it turned out to be more delayed so I got home in time for pizza :teehee:
Very excited because tomorrow, I'm going to see finding dory! :excited:
So goodnight from me because I need to catch up on some sleep haha :lol:

Spoiler

@Plagioclase safe journey m8 :hat2: And I really hope you are all having a great summer! :ahee:

Spoiler

PRSOM again! Please tell me how Finding Dory is. I wanted to watch it, until my cousins said that it was stupid. But, they're a little crazy anyway... I love Pinturillo! :biggrin: Although I'm a terrible artist... :lol:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending