The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Any success stories on criminology ??
Original post by kingLAWZA
Any success stories about exeter? They usually have a range (AAA-ABB for example), wondering it anybody got outside the range in particular

I'm in the same boat as you. From what I've heard, Exeter is pretty brutal when it comes to leniency. If you miss your grades you pretty much miss your place.
Original post by Jack1066
I'm in the same boat as you. From what I've heard, Exeter is pretty brutal when it comes to leniency. If you miss your grades you pretty much miss your place.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter%5Bthreadid%5D=2786463&query=exeter
Any success stories for ucl biochemistry?
Guys do examiners' reports come out on the 17th too? Or is it just grade boundaries ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any success stories for Bristol? And more specifically, law?
Well my uni was CCC i got CDE.. maybe it's just the lower uni's that allow that.
Reply 2107
Original post by Student167
Well my uni was CCC i got CDE.. maybe it's just the lower uni's that allow that.

Which uni was it?
Original post by arabinthemist
Any success stories for ucl biochemistry?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter%5Bthreadid%5D=2786463&query=ucl

Did a quick scan and noticed that biological sciences and natural sciences applicants were let in with lower grades just last year, but nothing for biochem, sorry.

Recently got my results as I did CIE and turns out I missed my UCL civil engineering offer by a grade - they needed A*AAe, but I got AAAA. Being an international and a girl in engineering, I've been told that I have a good chance at being admitted anyway, but I'm still unsure. Fingers crossed!
Any success stories for geology at Portsmouth.
Original post by Jack1066

Lol. Looks like i won't even be making it into my insurance.

My issue is the only uni I'd want to enter through clearing isn't very lenient i heard (Birmingham)

Maybe a gap year won't be too bad
I did two years ago :smile:

AS Grades: Biology (A), Chemistry (A), Maths (A), Psychology (A).
For Year 13 I dropped Chemistry and picked up Religious Studies. I was in a weird situation!
Offer: AAA to studying Biology at Imperial (including A's in Biology and Maths)
Achieved: Biology (A), Maths (A), Psychology (B, by two marks :bawling:), Religious Studies AS (A)

I checked Track before I got my results and saw I was accepted by Imperial so I was really surprised when I saw I missed my offer. I even called them to check they hadn't made a mistake :colondollar:.

I adore uni. I'm going into my last year in October and I don't ever want to leave!
Original post by alicec11

I'm also looking for these 😂
Original post by alicec11

Original post by Bijoux1801
I'm also looking for these 😂

Search and you shall find:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/search.php?filter%5Bthreadid%5D=2786463&query=bristol+law
Original post by brown_eyes
Guys do examiners' reports come out on the 17th too? Or is it just grade boundaries ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

^^^
Original post by nnblccz
Needed AAB for Uni of Manchester to study architecture, got in with ABC in art, physics and maths

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's my security choice. AAB as well, for architecture. Hope I get into my firm choice though )
Reply 2116
Need some reassurance for university of Lincoln. My offer is 280 UCAS points. I think I'm going to get 260 points. Do you think they will take me? Any other success stories for Lincoln?
Reply 2117
Original post by Sr24
Need some reassurance for university of Lincoln. My offer is 280 UCAS points. I think I'm going to get 260 points. Do you think they will take me? Any other success stories for Lincoln?

Very likely, you might still get in cause 20 points isn't that far off from what you've been offered. I've seen people getting in with 240 and 220 getting in with 260 points offer in the previous years, but that again depends on how popular the course is on that uni.
Original post by Firefly13
I did two years ago :smile:

AS Grades: Biology (A), Chemistry (A), Maths (A), Psychology (A).
For Year 13 I dropped Chemistry and picked up Religious Studies. I was in a weird situation!
Offer: AAA to studying Biology at Imperial (including A's in Biology and Maths)
Achieved: Biology (A), Maths (A), Psychology (B, by two marks :bawling:), Religious Studies AS (A)

I checked Track before I got my results and saw I was accepted by Imperial so I was really surprised when I saw I missed my offer. I even called them to check they hadn't made a mistake :colondollar:.

I adore uni. I'm going into my last year in October and I don't ever want to leave!

Woah, Imperial let you in! Quite fascinating.

Latest

Trending

Trending