The Student Room Group

chelseadagg3r's Summer Bucket List!

Scroll to see replies

Hey there TSR!

Today was a really good day! Fiiiinally got a date for my college interview - 3 months after applying! I don't have the interview until after the competition closes but I'm quite happy to tick off 'getting into college' now as after speaking to the support and admissions teams, they think I'm ideal for the course and there's still spaces! I'm really excited now. Nervous, because I'll be older than the other students, but excited to learn all these great new things.

I told my friend I was learning Japanese so we had a quick practice together and quizzed each other on some words! I feel like I haven't seen him in ages because of his work schedule, difference in time zones, and my sleeping schedule, so it was really nice to do something together again. I'm also trying to get some cheap train tickets so I can get down to see my friend Sean and his girlfriend Eleanor. We really want to go out to this amazing restaurant we all love.

I watched a few films today. Thanks Amazon Prime trial! I started with Hop because I haven't watched any animated family films in a bit, and I didn't really enjoy it. It all felt a bit weird. It seemed to have good reviews on the Amazon Video app on my fire stick but those felt like a complete lie after I finished it. It's not one I'd make the effort to show someone, for sure.

I also watched Nightcrawler. I've been meaning to for absolutely ages but I just never got around to it, and the day I sat down to watch it it had disappeared off Netflix! Thanks again Amazon Prime! It was really good, and pretty intense. After Hop, I wasn't sure I'd be able to concentrate 100% on a film but it had me pretty gripped. Jake Gyllenhaal was brilliant, and there were some really great moments with the cinematography as well.

I've been talking to my friend Grace most of the day. She's got a first date with this really great guy tomorrow so we've been going over outfits and stuff for hours! We've also made plans for Sunday, so another thing to be ticked off my bucket list then! I'm very excited. I've had such a good few weeks. I'm actually so happy! It's definitely been really nice recounting my day and going over the good parts before I sleep. I think I'm gonna start one of those memory jars at some point so I can put in all of my nice memories, or even just all the nice things I've done, so when I'm feeling low and crap I can have a shuffle through them and hopefully feel happy like I have done recently. I think that's a pretty great thing to have gotten from this! I'm definitely going to do this kind of thing every year, where I can. It's encouraging and it makes me feel happy. What's not to like?

I have a killer headache. Probably from all the screen-time today! I'm gonna head to bed, charge my phone, and hopefully fit some Japanese in! Night!

Song of the day: Away From Here - The Enemy

Hope everyone had a nice day! :macarena:

Hello again TSR!

I started today with my film of the day: Foxcatcher. It was a very intense film. I really enjoy films based on true events, but it's also really difficult to enjoy them sometimes because most of them are about really horrific events. I've heard a lot about how the family were not impressed by the film at all and wanted bits cut out and changed, and much preferred Team Foxcatcher that was later released so I plan to watch that too at some point soon. It was a very good film, and I think Mark Ruffalo really deserved more attention for his part in the film.

I got called in at the last minute today to babysit my younger cousins. I only had then for an hour before I put them to bed so they played outside on the trampoline for a little bit and then I let them play Pokemon GO on my phone.

After dealing with them, especially the clingy younger one, I was exhausted. Thankfully I only had them alone for about an hour before my older cousin, Hollie, got in. She's the one I went out with last week. When the kids were in bed, we got to catching up again. She's fallen out with her mum about money so we talked about that for a bit, but she told me about her plans to go to uni next year to study animal management which is brilliant. She's been studying a diploma in it from home for the last year or so, and she hopes to get into NTU next September. I have my fingers crossed for her!

I did want to watch another film in bed, but my internet has been playing up. I can't get it to hold steady enough to even choose a film, never mind actually watch it.

That's about it for my day today! I'm looking forward to getting some sleep!

Song of the day: Where You Belong - The Weeknd

Hope everyone had a nice day! :five:

Hello again TSR!

Sorry I've been MIA recently! I've been so tired. I've just slept so so much. I think I'm coming down with something so that's not good, but I'll live!

Today was a pretty short day considering I woke up late and plan on getting to bed early. I started by planning this month's staff meetings for my server and community team. They've been really great recently and I absolutely love giving praise so I'm looking forward to the meetings and passing on those comments.

I got my film of the day in, as always! I watched Winter's Bone. I don't think it was quite as good as some of the reviews I'd read, but it was a very good film with some incredible acting. Jennifer Lawrence gave a seriously convincing and realistic performance and I would really recommend this to pretty much everyone.

I've been working on my portfolio a little more too ready for my interview in a couple of weeks!

I have some plans for tomorrow night and it'll involve me ticking something off my list! Stay tuned!

Song of the day: Heathens - Twenty One Pilots

Hope everyone had a nice day! :penguin:

Hello again TSR!

Today was an exciting day! Guess who went to an LGBTQ night? That's right, I did. I've wanted to go to something like this for a long long time. I met some awesome people, although I will admit I got a bit too drunk so I don't remember them all that well. I also met an awesome drag queen called Miss Tess Tickle as well. It was all 241 cocktails and £5 pitchers so it was a pretty decent night in all that didn't cost a fortune!

So before this awesome night began, I had that BBQ I was talking about! I made these awesome honey mustard chicken drumsticks, and we have the usual burgers and sausages etc. I also made some sweet potato fries and my neighbour Edgar made everyone cocktails! It was a really nice evening, and even when I had to leave for my night out about 9:15 everyone carried on and had a good time! It was great to treat my mum and those neighbours for the night. My mum has been through an awful lot, and the neighbours are moving back to Poland very soon. They've definitely been my favourite neighbours so far so it's going to be sad to see them go. I was looking forward to seeing Carolina's first day of school and Viktor being the big brother to show her the ropes! They've just had a baby, Olivia, as well. She's gorgeous. It's been amazing seeing her grow, but they'll all be happy back with their family in Poland. It's where they need to be right now as a member of their family is terminally ill. They plan to move to Germany next which they'll love, I'm sure. They've travelled around to different countries a lot, and they have family now living all over the world. It's great when their family visits because they all have different accents and different stories. I'd love to be able to get up and move to another country. I just think it's really beautiful.

Of course, I got my film of the day in! Pacific Rim! It was actually pretty cool. My mum wanted to watch it too, but she wasn't really into it until nearer the end. Personally, I think the whole thing looked amazing. The effects were brilliant. I can see why people looked forward to this film for so long.

Great day today, and two things ticked off!

Song of the day: I'm Coming Out - Diana Ross

Hope everyone had a nice day! :dance:

Hey TSR!

Ooooh wow last night was a good night. I didn't realise I'd drank so much until this morning. I slept almost 20 hours. Oops. I was pretty hungover so I figured I'd start Grey's Anatomy again. Was it a good idea to re-watch a 12 season show? Probably not. Is it worth it? 100%. It's one of my favourite shows. I can watch it all day for days on end and not get bored of it.
I didn't get much else done, unfortunately, but you know me. I wouldn't miss my film of the day! I haven't done so yet, and I don't plan to. I'm not a quitter! I watched Knowing. It was alright until the end. The ending was awful and ruined it. The storyline was kinda interesting, nothing particularly special, but the ending just felt like 'and then aliens came down in their spaceship and took some kids to populate a new planet. The end.'

That's about it for my day. I have some things to get done in the next few days and I expect to be pretty tired, so I might be a little slow with the updates! Thanks for reading as always!

Song of the day: Mr Brightside - The Killers

Hope everyone had a nice day! :godancing:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hello again TSR!

Today has been another lazy day! Well, kind of. I did things, but they were all boring and inside.

I spent hours and hours filling out my PIP form. I've done all the little bits like checking the boxes and writing in my details, but now I have like 32 pages left to write about my health conditions in detail. Awesome. Really fun and not time consuming at all. Cool too because it's not like I have to repeat it all in a face-to-face assessment as well while the doctor admits they haven't even read most of the form anyway. Great. So yeah, that's taking hours. I still have more to do, but I'm really running out of time to send it off. This is probably the most stressful part of applying for PIP, at least for me. There's so much writing and thinking and reading and it's honestly really tiring. Nothing like writing about your health issues to make your health issues worse, huh?

Anyway, besides that I've had a somewhat relaxed day. I made an order for food so I can start prepping enough meals for the week as I'm going to be alone at home for a few days at least while my mum goes away camping to be closer to my brother and so she can help sort his situation out. I'm gonna make a huge lasagna to reheat through the week. That's my favourite. It's gonna be nice having the house to myself, but I know I'll forget to do something important because I'm terrible for it. I once went out for the day and left the back door wide open. No one was in, and the door was just wide open. Oops. Luckily, nothing was taken. I booked some train tickets for after my hospital appointments which are coming up as a treat to myself, so I'm looking forward to that. They're not too far, about a two hours drive tops, but it's gonna be nice to see them again.

I've watched a lot of Grey's Anatomy today so I've been very emotional. I got to the episode with the bomb in the guys chest that Meredith ends up with her hand in. I've seen it all before, but I still always end up glued to the TV when it's on. I actually had to turn it off for a while because it was distracting me from my forms. I love it so much!

I got my film of the day in! I watched My Sister's Keeper. It was quite simple, but it was good. It made me think, and while I really liked Abigail Breslin's character I think my favourite was Alec Baldwin's character (and his dog).

I'm awfully tired tonight, so I should be heading to bed. Night!

Song of the day: Hotter Than Hell - Dua Lipa

Hope everyone had a nice day! :run:

Hey there TSR!

Funky new rank, oooh! Anyway, onto my day!

I started with blood tests this morning. I have to have them every 3 months for one doctor, ever month or so for another, every 6 months to a year for another, and every time I see another. Lots and lots of blood tests. Lovely. Anyway, so once I got home I got on with Grey's Anatomy, of course. I've just started season 3 again. Many tears were shed for Denny and Izzie. Many tears. There's so many different storylines and episodes I'm looking forward to. It's suuuuch a good show. I love it.

I did all of my meal prepping as well! My mum is away for a bit, so I've made myself a bunch of meals so I can just reheat quickly or throw something into the oven and I won't have to prepare anything. I've made a giant dish of lasagna, meatballs, snack like scotch eggs and chicken bites, and a curry to throw into the slow cooker. I'm all sorted for food this week and all it took was a few hours cooking one day. It's great. I'm gonna have a lazy, zero effort week. Yay!

I also got my film of the day in! I decided on Never Let Me Go. It was an interesting look at some of the stuff I studied and discussed in GCSE biology and dealt a lot with ethics. I was trying to force myself into a break from Grey's Anatomy and still ended up with something medical-like. Oops.

That's it for my day today! I can feel lots and lots of sleep coming on and I'm looking forward to every second of it.

Song of the day: Open Your Eyes - Snow Patrol

Hope everyone had a nice day! :flute:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey there TSR!

It's been so nice having the house to myself, so I've made the most of it. I've eaten myself halfway into a coma, cried many tears in front of the TV, and slobbed it out with my cat. It's been awesome!

I bought myself a couple of eyeshadow palettes and a matte lipstick. I'm excited to try them out! I've been wanting some new make-up for a while, and it'll be a nice time to start showing it off in college next month! I got myself some blue hair dye, so I'm gonna try that out at some point and see if it shows up on my hair. I hope it does because I'd love to have blue-ish teal hair but I'm trying to avoid bleaching it all. I know it probably won't work, but I'm gonna try a test on a small patch of it and see how it goes. It's worth a shot.

I'm into season 5 of Grey's Anatomy now. I think I'm getting through it even quicker than the first time! I'm getting through about a season a day, maybe a little less than that. I really need a life. At least I should hopefully get it all in before season 13 starts showing in September.

I made the front page of my portfolio a lot nicer today and I'm getting ready to finish it ready for my interview. I also added a couple of new things in, but I have more to work on. Here it is, for anyone who wanted to see how it looks now!

I got my film of the day in, of course! I won't go into it too much because I have the worst headache ever and I want to get to bed, but I decided on Black Swan. It was really weird watching this film because if I hadn't have gotten ill and I hadn't injured myself then I could've been in that kind of environment. I danced for years upon years and I was prepared to do it for as long as I physically could, but unfortunately that ended too soon. It's a very intense film, one that won't leave you.

Time for bed! (Yay!)

Song of the day: Trouble is a Friend - Lenka

Hope everyone had a nice day! :wings:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey there TSR!

I have to say, this meal prepping thing is brilliant. I can just throw something into the oven or the slow cooker or the microwave and I'm done! It's so little effort during the week and I think it's more than worth it to spend longer cooking more of something so that you don't have to spend ages doing it through the week when all you want to do is eat and curl up in bed. Lasagna worked really well for me and I plan to do that again, and I'm hoping to find more freezer friendly slow cooker meals that I can do as well. It's an easy way to get some veg into me when I'm too tired to make anything!

I've watched such an unhealthy amount of Grey's Anatomy recently. On the upside, I really think I might get through the rest of the 12 seasons before season 13 starts showing. Yay!

My film of the day was Prisoners. Holy crap it was intense. It was nice to see Hugh Jackman in a different kind of role, and oh man Jake Gyllenhaal looked good in that film. The real star of the show, while Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal were amazing, was Paul Dano. He played an incredibly intense and sick character and really shone. I really love this film. 100% recommend.

Today, and the next couple of days, are gonna be pretty slow. I have lots coming up in the next couple of weeks so I'm trying to rest as much as possible so that I can get through them a little easier. Time for bed. Night!

Song of the day: Where Does The Good Go - Tegan and Sara

Hope everyone had a nice day! :tumble:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey there TSR!

I haven't done much today, other than watch TV and prepare for my upcoming appointments. I've organised to have lunch with my dad on Friday so that's going to be nice as well.

We forgot to pay the Sky bill so no more Grey's Anatomy until it's paid. This is a very upsetting time. I've tried to fill the void with Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I'm not so keen on it, but I really want to finish it at the same time. It's one I can listen to instead of watching if I need to which is nice, because it's really easy to follow. I need to start season 2 of Gotham at some point, and I'm desperately hoping Jane the Virgin season 2 comes out on UK Netflix very soon!

My film of the day was Admission. I actually liked it. I wasn't particularly funny, it was just your standard, nice rom-com. I felt like I probably shouldn't have liked it as much as I did, and the reviews weren't great, but I did enjoy it. I'll enjoy pretty much anything with Paul Rudd in it though if I'm honest. I just really like his style of acting (and his face).

Welp, time for bed again. I'm such an old lady! Night!

Song of the day: Breathe In Breathe Out - Mat Kearney

Hope everyone had a nice day! :lazy:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey there TSR!

I've been feeling so awful. I feel like everything I'd done this summer has caught up to me now and I'm just absolutely exhausted. I'm going to use my rest days as well I can for the next couple of weeks because as much as I'd like to cancel everything and stay in bed, I'm going to be pretty busy!

I'm still really missing Grey's Anatomy, but thankfully I have Netflix to back me up. I started Stranger Things and I'm getting through season 2 of Gotham. I finished Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and while I'm not keen on it, I think I'll actually miss it. Here's to season 3! I really need to get on with Daredevil as well. I'll have to start that up again sometime soon!

My film of the day was Inhale. It's an okay film to pick up when you're looking for something thrilling and dramatic. It's nothing of brilliance, but it was good. Sure, it wasn't the most realistic, but that wasn't the purpose. That being said, while not being so realistic it does give an insight to the hidden world that is black market organ trading.

That's my day. Hope everyone is having a good summer!

Song of the day: Again and Again - the bird and the bee

Hope everyone had a nice day! :thumbsup:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hey there TSR!

I had a haematologist appointment this morning which went pretty well. I have to have an iron infusion ASAP though, so sometime in the next few days I'll be having that. I have a pretty gnarly bruise on my arm from when they were trying to get blood from me. I wouldn't usually mind, but I'm anticipating a lot of needles over the next week or so and I only have a couple of good veins on my arms so that's going to be fun.

I'm so into Master of None right now. I'm up to episode 5 and it's just so insanely good. I'm really looking forward to season 2 already.

My film of the day was This Is The End. There were a couple of funny parts, but overall it was pretty lame. So many times I just thought to myself 'what the hell am I watching?', and not in a good way. The humour was quite childish and they drew out a lot of things way longer than was needed. I was pretty happy when it ended.

That's my day!

Song of the day: Into The Fire - Thirteen Senses

Hope everyone had a nice day! :h:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hello again TSR!

I still have a long week ahead of me, so I took today as a rest day. I started with my film of the day, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. It has some pretty bad reviews, but I honestly really liked it. A lot of people described the boy Oskar as one of the most unlikeable characters ever and said it was impossible to care about him at all, but I really felt like I did connect with him. He reminds me of a lot of people I know, so that's maybe why, but I was very interested in this film throughout regardless. I don't think it deserved all of the bad reviews it got, but that's just my opinion. It certainly wasn't a cinematic great or anything, but it was good.

Unfortunately, I slept through most of the day so I didn't really get anything done. I woke up a few times, but I was so drowsy that I couldn't actually do anything. I have an appointment tomorrow though, so I'm looking forward to using it as an excuse to play more Pokemon Go!

Overall a pretty laid back day. I really love to sleep!

Song of the day: You Are My Joy - Reindeer Section

Hope everyone had a nice day! :yawn:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hello again TSR!

I had an appointment today so I turned up a bit early to hit some Pokestops around the building, and caught a couple of Pokemon afterwards as well. Afterwards I enjoyed a Greggs breakfast roll and a mocha. Best brunch ever!

When I got home, I took a quick nap in the garden with my cat. The weather was perfect, but I laid in the shade because I 100% would've gotten sunburned.

I came inside after a while and got on with my film of the day, The Bourne Identity. Holy crap it was a cool film. I've been wanting to watch it for years but I've never seen it on Sky or anything but it came on a week or two ago and I recorded it. It was soooo good. I can't wait to watch the others now. I'm really looking forward to them, and I hope they're as good.

That's about it for my day. Big day tomorrow!

Song of the day: They - Jem

Hope everyone had a nice day! :wings:
(edited 7 years ago)

Hello again TSR!

Such an early morning for me today! I had to get up super early and be out not long after to get to Newcastle for a hospital appointment with an immunologist. Definitely further than I would usually travel but he's supposed to be one of the best and he wanted to meet me. I'd been waiting 8 months for this appointment and I had a lot riding on it so I was afraid I'd be really disappointed thanks to such high expectations but it actually went really well. He's going to contact my haematologist and see if they can figure something out, and he's going to explain my case to a neurologist and see if they can help me as well. Really good news that I finally might be getting somewhere, even if it is so many years later.

The appointment was pretty long so I got out about lunch time. Once we found our way out of the hospital, which took ages because it was so huge, we drove down into town and found a place to park before heading off to find Forbidden Planet. It was pretty good, but I think I prefer the one in Middlesbrough. It is nice to be surrounded by people who like the same things though, so I had a couple of conversations with people about the MCU and The Walking Dead.

Afterwards we went for lunch. My mum fancied a jacket potato so we went and found spud-u-like which happened to be just around the corner. It was actually a really cute little place, especially compared to the one in the Metrocentre. After that, I must've spent an hour in Collectables spelling all the candles. I really wanted a new Yankee Candle but I just couldn't find 'the one'. I did find out that Bomb Cosmetics do candles for a good price though so I might have to get me one of those at some point!

We had a wander around some of the shops and browsed, but we didn't really buy anything. I did spot a Boost juice bar when we were heading back to find the car park though so I picked one up. I always buy something when I'm passing a Boost! Honestly, they do the best drinks ever. It's great too because you can see everything they put into the drink so you know what you're putting into your body. In this case, a hell of a lot of fruit. It was absolutely huge and actually took me about 40 minutes to finish. For something like that that lasts for ages and makes me feel good, I don't mind paying a bit extra. Especially after such a long day.

We got back to the car park and realised that we'd somehow gone horribly wrong and that we were in the wrong car-park. It took us about an hour to find it, and then we couldn't find the car. Good times. By the time we reached the car, a lot of walking later, I was in a lot of pain and very tired and VERY ready to sit down. I sat myself down in the car and enjoyed the long journey home. When it came to getting out of the car, I was so stiff I was about ready to admit defeat and just sleep there but my cat crying at the door of the car got me out soon enough!

I did get my film of the day in of course! I watched Yours, Mine and Ours. It was pretty meh. It would've been something I maybe would've enjoyed when I was a kid, but it's not one for the adults at all. There were 18 kids in it so it was hard to actually remember who was who to be honest. I wouldn't watch it again.

It's been a very long day, so I don't expect I'll get much done tomorrow!

Song of the day: Ready To Rise - Vaughan Penn

Hope everyone had a nice day! :yeah:

Hello again TSR!

I ended up having lunch with my dad and step-mum today. We went to a Hungry Horse place called The Foxglove and it was actually really nice. I've been in the evening before and the food hasn't been so good and the service has been really rushed, but it was a nice and quiet weekday afternoon so all was good. I had a chicken tikka masala with pilau rice and a poppadum with mango chutney and daaaamn it was good. I ate the poppadum first with the chutney and I have to say, best I've ever had. I don't even usually like mango chutney but this was just amazing. The curry was really tasty, although very mild when they advertised it as hot. There was absolutely loads of chicken and it was actually very nice quality as well. Would eat again!

After that, I was in desperate need of a nap! When I got in, I headed straight to bed. Because it was getting on in the afternoon, I didn't really want to sleep, so I tried just resting with my film of the day on because sometimes that's enough to keep me going for the rest of a quiet day. I picked out Easy A. Such a great film! I absolutely loved it. 100% will watch again and again. It's not the same as every other movie of it's kind and it's actually funny. Again, great film.

After that, I chilled in bed for the rest of the day/night. I found a new series, Zoo, that I ended up getting into. I don't think it's particularly good, but I can't stop watching all the same. I really want to know what happens.

I have a few things coming up so stay tuned! Back to bed for me!

Song of the day: Live and Learn - The Cardigans

Hope everyone had a nice day! :moon:

Well hey again TSR!

I think this is going to be my final update. I've been pretty ill over the past couple of weeks so updating, as you've probably noticed, has been on a weird schedule. I'm just so so tired. I did enrol in college today though so I start on the 12th September! Ive had a really nice summer in all though, despite everything, and I'm looking forward to the next academic year!

I am pleased to announce that I have completed everything off my bucket list though! I went to Doncaster, a new place, to see my friends; I went to a small art gallery in my town as they had a new exhibition on; I designed some new characters; I did some DIY in covering my old and tatty bedside table in a white vinyl craft paper to look nicer and go with the decor better; I borrowed a book on crochet from the library and failed horribly at my new hobby, and I did my first day volunteering in the office of a women's refuge!

Also, here's that playlist!

This has definitely been my busiest summer since getting ill, and it's actually really uplifting to look back at how much I've done. Yeah, I'm exhausted now and I feel awful, but I pushed through and I'm still alive. I have enough time to rest until I start college again and I'm very excited.

Thanks to those that have read and encouraged me along the way. It means a lot! Knowing that people are reading has made it easier to keep going.I'm really proud of what I done this summer. I've not travelled abroad or undertaken some life-changing work experience or anything, but I've done more than I thought possible of myself and that counts for a lot.

Congratulations to everyone that has done a summer bucket list this year. I've read every single one and the things that people have done have been incredible! I've really enjoyed reading them. I'm glad so many people have had such great summers!

That's me! Thanks again!

Chelsea

(edited 7 years ago)
Well done on completing your list! It's completely amazing (I've really loved reading what you think about different films and TV series!) and that's something to be proud of in itself. Good Luck at college and I hope the rest of your summer is amazing! :h: xx
Been lurking on here for a while but really well done on completing your list, it's so good to see how things can get better with CFS etc even if there is a long way to go yet for us both! You've helped keep me going too, so thank you. Really hope the next few weeks aren't too bad for you and college turns out to be as good as you deserve!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LiiHyde
Well done on completing your list! It's completely amazing (I've really loved reading what you think about different films and TV series!) and that's something to be proud of in itself. Good Luck at college and I hope the rest of your summer is amazing! :h: xx

Thanks so much! I've enjoyed yours so much. You've done some really great stuff! Thanks, I'm dead excited. You too! x

Quick Reply

Latest