The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Quamquam123
Well, I wish you the best of luck with your application. :smile: I'm applying to Bath, Exeter, Loughborough, Surrey and Kent. Where are you appling? :tongue:

Oxford, UCL, St Andrews, Exeter (Penryn), and Manchester :tongue: Thank you, I wish you the best of luck in your applications as well! :smile: Keep us updated!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Oxford, UCL, St Andrews, Exeter (Penryn), and Manchester :tongue: Thank you, I wish you the best of luck in your applications as well! :smile: Keep us updated!

Posted from TSR Mobile

An Oxbridge applicant, eh? :wink: The very best of luck. :colone: I almost chose Penryn but changed it at the l;ast minute because I thought the Cornish weaher might be bad. :tongue: I will do. :smile:
An Oxbridge applicant, eh? :wink: The very best of luck. :colone: I almost chose Penryn but changed it at the l;ast minute because I thought the Cornish weaher might be bad. :tongue: I will do. :smile:

Yeah, albeit an optimistic one because the chances of getting an interview is low for me. Hahaha, my course is only offered in Penryn so I had no choice :tongue: in hindsight I could have done Flexible Combined Honours and made a course like the Human Sciences but what is done is done :smile: Good luck in your apps haha we all need it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, albeit an optimistic one because the chances of getting an interview is low for me. Hahaha, my course is only offered in Penryn so I had no choice :tongue: in hindsight I could have done Flexible Combined Honours and made a course like the Human Sciences but what is done is done :smile: Good luck in your apps haha we all need it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You've got a good chance - don't worry. :smile: I see. :tongue: Cheers :wink:
You've got a good chance - don't worry. :smile: I see. :tongue: Cheers :wink:

Hahaha Thanks, at least I already pretty much have my firm sorted if I don't get an interview from Oxford :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha Thanks, at least I already pretty much have my firm sorted if I don't get an interview from Oxford :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

A silver lining :smile:
A silver lining :smile:

Tis is true, there's a silver lining to almost everything my friend... you just have to know where to look :smile: especially in the uni application process...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tis is true, there's a silver lining to almost everything my friend... you just have to know where to look :smile: especially in the uni application process...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Indeed :wink:
Indeed :wink:

PROSM and Cheers :beer:
Reply 249
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Yuussss fellow chemist wooop :five:
AWh :console: that's awful to hear! I've got my fingers crossed for you, soon :smile:
Maintain hope!

i will! appreciate it - hope your applications and alevels go how you want them to! :smartass::u::work:
Entry no.3

IMPORTANT EDIT: If you are at all musical or like a quiz, please take part in the musical society quiz put on by @Matrix123 - have a great evening folks :h:

Bonsoir! :hello:

So stuff happened.

1 - Got an offer from Imperial (even after that shocker of an interview :eek4:) of A* A* A
2 - Birmingham's interview was really good! Expecting an offer very soon (days)

Then there's the other stuff:

Physics
-The test last Thursday was terrible :facepalm: - I get it back tomorrow - I will basically need to go over everything again and do tons more questions - it's not my topic XD electrical fields? Just nope :I
-I made a load of electricity revision cards from the AS topic
-Helped my Tutee on a question all to do with preparing an experiment for the single-slit interference phenomenon - fun times :danceboy:

Chemistry
-I've done lots of work this week on AS/A2 synthetic routes!
-Started to PowerPoint up the diagrams - I have made quizlets too :mmm: These shall be complete by the end of the week :smile:
-Test I had today, was so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely need to look over more questions :colonhash:
-Right now (actually) I am writing up some AS notes on atomic structure as part of my revision
Here is a picture of the first page:
chemnotes.jpg

Maths
-All caught up now :smile:
-This week is being dedicated to C3 integration and re-learning trig identities because I couldn't remember 1 in a test :hide: :colondollar: (beat my friend on that test though :rofl: - we are both working on some maths tomorrow in our frees :tongue:)
-Quite excited to be starting C4 :excited:
EPQ
-Didn't have a session this week so little has been done :hide:
-It will be done this week hehe...

Other stuff:
-Had a meal out with some family at the weekend to celebrate my Mum's 50th birthday which was nice! :smile:
-Orchestra was good - they were playing clean bandit for some reason :rofl:
This song in particular (which I like :tongue:) : [video="youtube;GeynVBZjls8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeynVBZjls8[/video]

Random meme - it's the highlight of this - right?

Still waiting on Durham - Oxford's rejection too...
#Cheeeeeeese

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
That Imperial college offer :lolwut: :thumbsup:. Aristocrat status :hat:. Your notes are too colourful for my liking.
Original post by ColossalAtom
That Imperial college offer :lolwut: :thumbsup:. Aristocrat status :hat:. Your notes are too colourful for my liking.

I know :hide: I don't think I will be using it to be honest, they were a bit snotty :tongue: I will always prefer Durham if I get an offer :tongue:
:hat2: :colondollar:
:colonhash: Can't please anyone on this website :rofl:, I love colour tho :smile:
Reply 253
Entry no.3
Bonsoir! :hello:

So stuff happened.

1 - Got an offer from Imperial (even after that shocker of an interview :eek4:) of A* A* A
2 - Birmingham's interview was really good! Expecting an offer very soon (days)

Then there's the other stuff:

Physics
-The test last Thursday was terrible :facepalm: - I get it back tomorrow - I will basically need to go over everything again and do tons more questions - it's not my topic XD electrical fields? Just nope :I
-I made a load of electricity revision cards from the AS topic
-Helped my Tutee on a question all to do with preparing an experiment for the single-slit interference phenomenon - fun times :danceboy:

Chemistry
-I've done lots of work this week on AS/A2 synthetic routes!
-Started to PowerPoint up the diagrams - I have made quizlets too :mmm: These shall be complete by the end of the week :smile:
-Test I had today, was so hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitely need to look over more questions :colonhash:
-Right now (actually) I am writing up some AS notes on atomic structure as part of my revision
Here is a picture of the first page:
chemnotes.jpg

Maths
-All caught up now :smile:
-This week is being dedicated to C3 integration and re-learning trig identities because I couldn't remember 1 in a test :hide: :colondollar: (beat my friend on that test though :rofl: - we are both working on some maths tomorrow in our frees :tongue:)
-Quite excited to be starting C4 :excited:
EPQ
-Didn't have a session this week so little has been done :hide:
-It will be done this week hehe...

Other stuff:
-Had a meal out with some family at the weekend to celebrate my Mum's 50th birthday which was nice! :smile:
-Orchestra was good - they were playing clean bandit for some reason :rofl:
This song in particular (which I like :tongue:) : [video="youtube;GeynVBZjls8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeynVBZjls8[/video]

Random meme - it's the highlight of this - right?

Still waiting on Durham - Oxford's rejection too...
#Cheeeeeeese

Spoiler

Damn, Imperial. Congratulations! :h:

:cheers::clap2::congrats::bumps:
Original post by S2M
Damn, Imperial. Congratulations! :h:

:cheers::clap2::congrats::bumps:

fink yoo :colondollar:
Reply 255
fink yoo :colondollar:

What are your preferences of the universities that you have applied to?
Original post by S2M
What are your preferences of the universities that you have applied to?

If I get offers from all of them then:
Oxford
Durham
York
Imperial
Birmingham
(Oxford - like most, Birmingham - like least)
Congratss on your imperial offer!
A*A*A tho omg.
Hey didnt go too badly then :tongue:
Reply 258
If I get offers from all of them then:
Oxford
Durham
York
Imperial
Birmingham
(Oxford - like most, Birmingham - like least)

Oh cool! :smile: I thought you would like Imperial more than York and Durham. Did you apply for BSc Chemistry for all?
@CheeseIsVeg wow, congrats sis! And beautiful chemistry notes :love:

Latest

Trending

Trending