The Student Room Group

Intro to Investment Banking

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes, please don't discuss such questions in here. Im sorry, I just want to keep this thread as a resource for people interested in IB.
Singh_87
Yes, please don't discuss such questions in here. Im sorry, I just want to keep this thread as a resource for people interested in IB.

You've done well Sunny, but noone seems to be looking, people are still asking rubbish and elementary questions on the forum.
Reply 22
I know. Cant blame them, I have heard Bankers are supposed to be ignorant :p:

Just want to let people know, if there are some questions which could be answered by having a browse on this thread, please point them in the right direction. Thanks, Sunny :smile:
Reply 23
Just so you know there are a least 5 threads floating around this forum about science degrees and IB. Take the time and look them up, I've referred people enough times :rolleyes:
Man....toooo many posts out there that can be answered easily with google

www.google.co.uk guys, common.
Reply 26
hi, im in year 12 and i'm new to the whole investment banking scene. I have heard that investment banking is a promising career and i also have a genuine interest for finance. i would like to know how i can enter the IB scene. Are there any companies that offer work experience? Also, to go into investment banking, which degrees are recommended?
Choose a quantitative degree. Get into a top 5 uni. Do a spring internship in first year. Do a summer internships in penultimate year. Get an offer from a bank. At the moment just concentrate on getting top grades till may or june.
Reply 28
what does IBD stand for?
Reply 29
Investment Banking Division
Reply 30
Singh_87
Investment Banking Division

So does this refer to the actual IB department within the bank, rather than a generic term for IB's?
Reply 31
academic
So does this refer to the actual IB department within the bank, rather than a generic term for IB's?

Yes, it's a corporate finance division. It involves advisory roles such as mergers, aquisitions and financing.
Reply 32
What does BB satnd for?
academic
What does BB satnd for?

Big Babylons.
Reply 34
academic
What does BB satnd for?

Clicky.
Reply 35
MonteCristo
Big Babylons.

Heh that made me laugh :p:

Great list Singh 87 thanks :biggrin:

Ourkid
can someone do an Intro to Consultancy if they can?

or atleast recommend some times (other than wiki :smile:).

thanks.

edit:

got this through doctorjob.com http://www.targetcareers.co.uk/index2.asp?ZID=8
but obviously someone with more knowledge on the subject would be welcome to put some insight in.
abrp
can someone do an Intro to Consultancy if they can?

or atleast recommend some times (other than wiki :smile:).

thanks.

edit:

got this through doctorjob.com http://www.targetcareers.co.uk/index2.asp?ZID=8
but obviously someone with more knowledge on the subject would be welcome to put some insight in.

If you're slightly serious about it just get something like this:

http://www.vault.com/store/book_preview.jsp?product_id=24286&industry=40
Reply 38
For update, look at post number 1 :smile:
Reply 39
Any ideas about where an MSc from Cass Business School (City university) in banking and finance stands?
Also..i have an interview next week with the director of the above course. Not quite sure what to expect or why the interview is happening. Help.... :biggrin:

Thanks!!!

Quick Reply

Latest