The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Indeterminate
The quality of the course and teaching is the obvious one :tongue: But apart from that, my most favourite aspect was probably the South Kensington campus. It's a really nice environment with a positive atmosphere (and with it being in the heart of London, the location is great).

I recall many a sunny afternoon sitting outside revising near the Queen's Tower, especially before exams. Good times. :biggrin:

aww that sounds so lovely :daydreaming:
:woo: Chocolate Mug Brownie Post :woo:
Tagging @Tiger Rag as I recall she asked about these sort of things a while back now on a thread of hers, hope this helps you somewhat Ms Tiger Rag :h:

So first, we 'ave ze sachet et mixe like'dis:
brownie kit.jpg

We follow ze instructionz and zo we put 15g of buerre in ze mug and melt it (in ze microwave becauze we is verry lazy)
For me, in my 850W microwave, zis amount of buerre melted in approximately 23 seconds because I gave eet a little stir (which decreases the time set to melt) 'alfway between ze time

Zen ve put ze sachet in the mug in little bits to decrease the chancez of lumps (we do not vant ze lumps, lumps are not good, :noway:), on ze way ve add little beets of ze water.
For the water (30ml) I used a DSP (dessert spoon) = 10ml, three times. Each time I added some watere I mixed with a spoon that you can see in the picture and added a bit more of the sachet to it.
V nice :borat:
Attachment not found

Zen after it is all mixed, make sure you have taken the spoon out :wink2: and put it in the microwave for 1 minute :ahee:
Afterwards, quickly add marshmallows so they can melt a bit :biggrin:
It vill look a beet like dis:
Attachment not found

Taste = very rich, gooey, addictive :love:, marshmallows did very little though :s-smilie:
Rate = 8/10 would go again :yy:
For next time - Possibly put in for a little longer as it didn't rise a large amount and I think it could have been a little :erm: on the gooey side :colondollar:
I found it quite rich so instead of water I will try it with milk next time, I have 3 remaining sachets :thumbsup:

WOO :party:
Good luck and I wish you the very best!
Original post by Analyst89
Good luck and I wish you the very best!

Thank you :colondollar:
Hope you are doing ok :smile: :hugs:
Half-Term Reflection --> Future Plans Post
:colondollar: erm right so let us get to it!

PHYSICS - - Planned Study C (FINISHED - went with the comparison one :smile: )
Made thermal physics revision leaflets:
revision leaflets.jpg-Did all the past paper questions as of about an hour ago (when I finished the waves ones)
-(I would like to go over Electrical fields again - as a topic I despise them - so I shall tackle some questions etc.) Did not get round to this :sad:

CHEMISTRY - -Make notes on Kc and equilibrium from last year in the revision book I have , I will be using www.chemguide.co.uk, if you haven't come across this and do chemistry, use it, it is life (I will make a few more notes in this book and possibly type them up onto Quizlet if I come across anything I would like to go over again) Started this just now, I will hope to have it finished by tomorrow :smile:
-(Revise Hess Cycles (that topic from last year basically))
-(Revise all organic and synthetic stuff from last year) IN PROGRESS - started this today :redface:

MATHS -
-C4 revision for mock/test in progress, did a load of questions which went REALLY well! I only got stuck on 2 questions and I got my friend to help me out when she came round mine :smile:
-(I want to do some C1 past papers and some C3 notes/past papers/revision because I am losing my knowledge of it ) started this today!
-(I want to do some D1 past paper questions for practice) Will start tomorrow because I have not felt like doing D1 this week :colondollar:

EPQ - Getting my Dad to check through the log :woo: It's done!

Fun Stuff - -Sleepover was so much fun :rofl: watched Whiplash, ate lots of food, pizza and sweets and it was so much fun to host the friends finally :ahee:
-Werewolves game - it's been a rollercoaster but it is finally taking shape :colondollar: and I'm enjoying the drama unfolding :lol:
-Pinta :I [cba most days]
-London on Wednesday - was so good! We went around St Paul's and then a walk of the more hidden 'historical' part of London which I really enjoyed! Went around some old chapels and saw some Roman ruins! We did this walk from a book I got my Mum for Xmas last year and soo woop :yay:
-Tennis with siblings - AHHAHA - Tuesday's session was amazing! I was actually ok (sister = not ok) brother trains so he doesn't count :colondollar:
-Made brownies, see the post 2 above this! No time for pancakes :sad:

Overall
Wow Cheese, just wow. You could've done a LOT better.
But, the start of the week was very productive (this was when I got my maths/chemistry done) but as the week rolled on (Tuesday was full of tears and Thursday of fears :I) you became less so. :colonhash: :slap:
Main reasons = TSR and insomnia.
Therefore solutions = possibly talking to doctor (undecided), going to bed earlier, reading more and less TSR.
This leads nicely onto:

Planned Stuff -
I will be giving up TSR for lent with @04MR17, it's going to be interesting :colondollar:
I have a revision timetable planned leniently which I'm going to be using in effect on Monday :smile:
I need to (tomorrow):
-Tidy my room
-Pack my bag
-Finish Chemistry revision
-Start/finish Maths revision
-Do violin practice

Conclusion: CHEESE, SNAP OUT OF WHATEVER THIS IS
YOU WANT UNI m8
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
and you definitely want less sugar (definitely stop consuming the sugar, stop it)

Ok rant over :colondollar: please accept this meme:

Sorry :redface:

Spoiler

Original post by CheeseIsVeg
:woo: Chocolate Mug Brownie Post :woo:
Tagging @Tiger Rag as I recall she asked about these sort of things a while back now on a thread of hers, hope this helps you somewhat Ms Tiger Rag :h:

So first, we 'ave ze sachet et mixe like'dis:
brownie kit.jpg

We follow ze instructionz and zo we put 15g of buerre in ze mug and melt it (in ze microwave becauze we is verry lazy)
For me, in my 850W microwave, zis amount of buerre melted in approximately 23 seconds because I gave eet a little stir (which decreases the time set to melt) 'alfway between ze time

Zen ve put ze sachet in the mug in little bits to decrease the chancez of lumps (we do not vant ze lumps, lumps are not good, :noway:), on ze way ve add little beets of ze water.
For the water (30ml) I used a DSP (dessert spoon) = 10ml, three times. Each time I added some watere I mixed with a spoon that you can see in the picture and added a bit more of the sachet to it.
V nice :borat:
Attachment not found

Zen after it is all mixed, make sure you have taken the spoon out :wink2: and put it in the microwave for 1 minute :ahee:
Afterwards, quickly add marshmallows so they can melt a bit :biggrin:
It vill look a beet like dis:
Attachment not found

Taste = very rich, gooey, addictive :love:, marshmallows did very little though :s-smilie:
Rate = 8/10 would go again :yy:
For next time - Possibly put in for a little longer as it didn't rise a large amount and I think it could have been a little :erm: on the gooey side :colondollar:
I found it quite rich so instead of water I will try it with milk next time, I have 3 remaining sachets :thumbsup:

WOO :party:

I would recommend putting a bit more water in for the brownie and little less butter if you want it to be less rich, because of the fat :smile: putting it in for longer and adding a rising agent will also help :smile:
Original post by jamestg
I would recommend putting a bit more water in for the brownie and little less butter if you want it to be less rich, because of the fat :smile: putting it in for longer and adding a rising agent will also help :smile:

I want to try the milk first but this is a good idea :yy:
I'm a bit hesitant about the rising agent though, might overflow :zomg:
Only the 2nd mug cake I've made :redface:
Half-Term Reflection --> Future Plans Post
:colondollar: erm right so let us get to it!

PHYSICS - - Planned Study C (FINISHED - went with the comparison one :smile: )
Made thermal physics revision leaflets:
revision leaflets.jpg-Did all the past paper questions as of about an hour ago (when I finished the waves ones)
-(I would like to go over Electrical fields again - as a topic I despise them - so I shall tackle some questions etc.) Did not get round to this :sad:

CHEMISTRY - -Make notes on Kc and equilibrium from last year in the revision book I have , I will be using www.chemguide.co.uk, if you haven't come across this and do chemistry, use it, it is life (I will make a few more notes in this book and possibly type them up onto Quizlet if I come across anything I would like to go over again) Started this just now, I will hope to have it finished by tomorrow :smile:
-(Revise Hess Cycles (that topic from last year basically))
-(Revise all organic and synthetic stuff from last year) IN PROGRESS - started this today :redface:

MATHS --C4 revision for mock/test in progress, did a load of questions which went REALLY well! I only got stuck on 2 questions and I got my friend to help me out when she came round mine :smile:
-(I want to do some C1 past papers and some C3 notes/past papers/revision because I am losing my knowledge of it ) started this today!
-(I want to do some D1 past paper questions for practice) Will start tomorrow because I have not felt like doing D1 this week :colondollar:

EPQ - Getting my Dad to check through the log :woo: It's done!

Fun Stuff - -Sleepover was so much fun :rofl: watched Whiplash, ate lots of food, pizza and sweets and it was so much fun to host the friends finally :ahee:
-Werewolves game - it's been a rollercoaster but it is finally taking shape :colondollar: and I'm enjoying the drama unfolding :lol:
-Pinta :I [cba most days]
-London on Wednesday - was so good! We went around St Paul's and then a walk of the more hidden 'historical' part of London which I really enjoyed! Went around some old chapels and saw some Roman ruins! We did this walk from a book I got my Mum for Xmas last year and soo woop :yay:
-Tennis with siblings - AHHAHA - Tuesday's session was amazing! I was actually ok (sister = not ok) brother trains so he doesn't count :colondollar:
-Made brownies, see the post 2 above this! No time for pancakes :sad:

Overall
Wow Cheese, just wow. You could've done a LOT better.
But, the start of the week was very productive (this was when I got my maths/chemistry done) but as the week rolled on (Tuesday was full of tears and Thursday of fears :I) you became less so. :colonhash: :slap:
Main reasons = TSR and insomnia.
Therefore solutions = possibly talking to doctor (undecided), going to bed earlier, reading more and less TSR.
This leads nicely onto:

Planned Stuff -
I will be giving up TSR for lent with @04MR17, it's going to be interesting :colondollar:
I have a revision timetable planned leniently which I'm going to be using in effect on Monday :smile:
I need to (tomorrow):
-Tidy my room
-Pack my bag
-Finish Chemistry revision
-Start/finish Maths revision
-Do violin practice

Conclusion: CHEESE, SNAP OUT OF WHATEVER THIS IS
YOU WANT UNI m8
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
and you definitely want less sugar (definitely stop consuming the sugar, stop it)

Ok rant over :colondollar: please accept this meme:

Sorry :redface:

Spoiler

You gonna do it?! :woo:
:congrats: on everything else. Makes me look extremely guilty.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by 04MR17
You gonna do it?! :woo:
:congrats: on everything else. Makes me look extremely guilty.

Spoiler

Possibly :redface: Awaiting the okay
Thanks :colondollar: Well you went to Sweden :laugh: which is really cool!

Spoiler

Part-time? :bawling:

Also, these might help you with organic chemistry:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3537973#post58795881
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3537973#post58796499
Possibly :redface: Awaiting the okay
Thanks :colondollar: Well you went to Sweden :laugh: which is really cool!

Spoiler

I see...
Not cool for the teachers...:frown: Who have little sympathy.
Have edited my post:wink:
@CheeseIsVeg you can't leave me alone on here :cry:

---> full
ooh thanks :yy:

Original post by 04MR17
I see...
Not cool for the teachers...:frown: Who have little sympathy.
Have edited my post:wink:

:redface:
:jumphug: You can reason with them? :hugs: Just show them the cool photos to distract them from the lack of hw :flute:
oh ok :colondollar:
Original post by Airmed
@CheeseIsVeg you can't leave me alone on here :cry:

:shh: You'll be okay :hugs:
I will be in PMs and you know where to find me :lovehug:
---> full
ooh thanks :yy:

:bawling:

I'm not sure that the conditions/reagents in the mind map would be acceptable to your board's examiners, mind. :redface:
Original post by Hydeman
:bawling:

I'm not sure that the conditions/reagents in the mind map would be acceptable to your board's examiners, mind. :redface:

I've my own, tqt pas :hugs:

But who will VM me hugs every day.........?:frown::ashamed::bawling::cry2::cry::no::puppyeyes::sad::unsure:
Original post by IKEAPanda37
But who will VM me hugs every day.........?:frown::ashamed::bawling::cry2::cry::no::puppyeyes::sad::unsure:

oh my :bawling: I - I will need to find a proxy :frown: :cry:
Wow, your Physics notes/revision leaflets look amazing!! :eek:
You definitely deserved a break over half term, so don't feel too guilty for not being really productive. Besides, this is the last half term we have that isn't too close to the exams!!
Good luck with giving up TSR for lent... it will be sad to not see your posts for a while though :frown:
Original post by LeCroissant
Wow, your Physics notes/revision leaflets look amazing!! :eek:
You definitely deserved a break over half term, so don't feel too guilty for not being really productive. Besides, this is the last half term we have that isn't too close to the exams!!
Good luck with giving up TSR for lent... it will be sad to not see your posts for a while though :frown:

:redface: Thanks Croissant :hugs:
Hope you're ok! :smile:
It will be hard, but I have a strategy :yy:
Dw I will make up for it all in the summer, hopefully :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending