The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Depends on the school/college but it's mid january for me:smile:
Reply 2
cheers :smile:
Reply 3
As I stated in another thread a few days ago, I got mine on 1st February last year :smile:

But as said, depends on the school :smile:
Reply 4
and did any1 get ema on the friday just gone for the monday and tuesday the previous week?
Reply 5
emogirl101
and did any1 get ema on the friday just gone for the monday and tuesday the previous week?

*Logs onto bank online*

No :eek: :smile:

Wasn't sure if we'd even get EMA for those 2 days.
Reply 6
lol dont worry about it.. i wasnt sure thats why i asked. but as we both havent been paid i guess thats normal. i was jus worried that i had been marked asway and wasnt goin get my bonus lol
Reply 7
my one has come yehhhhhhhh :_
Reply 8
Just a quick question, is everyone who recieves EMA entitled to the £100 Christmas bonus. I talked to the head of sixth form at my school (who deals with EMA) and he didn't seem to even realise that there was a Christmas bonus. Im in Year 13 now and I didn't recieve a Christmas bonus last year either. Should I push the head of Sixth form to look into it?
Reply 9
You're entitled to the bonuses (5 in total) no matter what tier you are on.

You should've gotten 2 bonuses in Year 12 (January time and July time), and should received 3 bonuses in Year 13 (September, again January time and July time).

From what I remember being told, getting the bonus is dependant on a few factors, e.g:

Complete all exams

Complete coursework

Complete homework

Turn up to most (iirc, 80%) of lessons

...and stuff like that.

If you havern't received any of your bonuses, get your head of sixth to look into it as you are entitled to them.
Not got mine yet, think some people have already had it but EMA are being managed by different people this year so it will probably be a mess like it was at the start of this year! Should be around the end of Jan/start of Feb I think anyway! :smile:
Reply 11
My form tutor has signed all the stuff to say everyone in my form can have it and I still haven't gotten mine.
Reply 12
Xtrm2Matt
You're entitled to the bonuses (5 in total) no matter what tier you are on.

You should've gotten 2 bonuses in Year 12 (January time and July time), and should received 3 bonuses in Year 13 (September, again January time and July time).

From what I remember being told, getting the bonus is dependant on a few factors, e.g:

Complete all exams

Complete coursework

Complete homework

Turn up to most (iirc, 80%) of lessons

...and stuff like that.

If you havern't received any of your bonuses, get your head of sixth to look into it as you are entitled to them.

Just to clarify, is that £100 for each one?
Does anyone know?
Reply 13
Steve1992
Just to clarify, is that £100 for each one?
Does anyone know?

Yes, it's £100 for each bonus. However, the bonus for September of year 13 doesn't happen anymore (was scrapped a few years ago)
Reply 14
its my first year getting ema and i was wondering what qualifies you to get the christmas bonus, do you have to go to all your lessons and have 100% attendance or just generally be a good student?
im really counting on the christmas bonus
Reply 15
Don't we get the bonus before christmas?
I swear it's a christmas bonus..
Reply 16
apparently we get it january 1st but im going to ask the ema people tommorrow. at least we get it in time for the january sales :biggrin:
Reply 17
nicolejh
apparently we get it january 1st but im going to ask the ema people tommorrow. at least we get it in time for the january sales :biggrin:

And THAT, guys, is why people hate EMA.
Scrounging free money off the government just because my parents are more successful than yours, that you get to blow in the 'january sales'.

Pathetic...
Reply 18
obviously january
Reply 19
Alexio
And THAT, guys, is why people hate EMA.
Scrounging free money off the government just because my parents are more successful than yours, that you get to blow in the 'january sales'.

Pathetic...

hmmmmmmmm pathetic? you talk about that as pathetic?!

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm has it got anything to do with you?......................NO! so why are you here? LEAVE!

just because MUMMY and DADDY throw you money for being a good little fellow does not give you the right to be a pile of ****.

people get ema because they're household is on a lower income. how the **** do expect people to live if they're parents can't afford to give them money all the time?

you must be one spoiled little brat to bother wasting time on here making stupid comments about something that doesn't even concern you in the slightest and to talk about parents' SUCCESS. you must of had a great upbringing there kidda to think you're that superior.

'my mummy is better than yours' HOW OLD ARE YOU? i can't get over your immaturity. you actually make me laugh!

go do some fox hunting or smoke a pipe or maybe eat some caviar (to kill some time before the inheritance comes through) DARLING because no one likes a spoiled immature arrogant bastarding **** like you.

this is personal by the way, i'd hate to meet you because i bet you're even worse in person. go make some friends too babe. i wish you the very best of luck in trying to be something you're not xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx