The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Lady Margaret Hall (LMH) (Oxford) Students and Applicants

All things LMH i guess...

Scroll to see replies

Such as how interesting and entertaining we all are?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Crazy Mongoose
Such as how interesting and entertaining we all are?

or. such as how everyone is going to fail collections... again.
El Chueco
or. such as how everyone is going to fail collections... again.

Bugger... you would have to remind me.

<Toddles off to go do more revision>
Reply 4
alternatively, it could just end up a very long drawn out msn convo...
Reply 5
wow...this atmosphere is amazing...i hope its like this next year. Makes me really excited. But seriously, what's LMH life like?

Toby

(Classics & English for 2007 entry)
tobyrundle
wow...this atmosphere is amazing...i hope its like this next year. Makes me really excited. But seriously, what's LMH life like?

Toby

(Classics & English for 2007 entry)

It's our dry and acerbic wit. You're secretly impressed, even if you don't show it.

LMH rocks. The fact that only two people feel able to give TSR any time whatsoever should merely confirm this fact, as everyone else is out partying and getting drunk (probably). It's very pretty, in a neo-classical country manor sort of way. And our grounds are extensive and well maintained (plus i hear tell of a wireless connection out there, which i would be able to test if it wasn't a tinsy bit cold here at the moment). We are all very laid back (practicaly horizontal infact) and don't go in for that whole walking-around-as-if-we-own-the-bloody-country thing.

Anything to add Steve?
Reply 7
Crazy Mongoose
It's our dry and acerbic wit. You're secretly impressed, even if you don't show it.

LMH rocks. The fact that only two people feel able to give TSR any time whatsoever should merely confirm this fact, as everyone else is out partying and getting drunk (probably). It's very pretty, in a neo-classical country manor sort of way. And our grounds are extensive and well maintained (plus i hear tell of a wireless connection out there, which i would be able to test if it wasn't a tinsy bit cold here at the moment). We are all very laid back (practicaly horizontal infact) and don't go in for that whole walking-around-as-if-we-own-the-bloody-country thing.

Anything to add Steve?

yes. bur 9 hours till collections, so it'll be a while yet...
El Chueco
yes. bur 9 hours till collections, so it'll be a while yet...

Shouldn't you be in bed? I know i should. Stupid revision.
Reply 9
Crazy Mongoose
Shouldn't you be in bed? I know i should. Stupid revision.

Hmm. Deja-vu.
El Chueco
Hmm. Deja-vu.

So are you going to add anything to why LMH is the best thing since not only sliced bread, but food in general?
Reply 11
Crazy Mongoose
So are you going to add anything to why LMH is the best thing since not only sliced bread, but food in general?

It's astounding, time is fleeting. Madness takes its toll, but listen closely, not for very much longer I've got to keep control...

Well. Everythign is chillaxed. You're expected to do well but its not world ending if you don't. Pretty extensive 24 hour liberry with compooters means you can find a quiet place to work, and work well, whenever you want. Rooms are big, some are even habitable (jus kidding, they actually being renovated). Kitchens on all floors. The people here are all very laid-back, and teh gardens are amazing, which go in hand in hand for a summer term of sittin out on the lawns 'revising'. Tutor's are all most excellent. Good cross section of people all easy to approach so you'll never be lonely. Hm, I'm better at answering questions than constructing blurb, so should anyone have any, me and yonmon will try to asnwer :smile:
<tumbleweed>
Reply 13
Well... i think my question's been answered, the place sounds wonderful and a warm and welcoming place to live. And from what i can gather there's a healthy lack of pretentious buggers that i met at other colleges. Should be a refreshing change from typhoid-ridden Hanoi. Bring it on.
Reply 14
Parties every day I heard. Or maybe thats just generally in oxford. Better not be, I'm not up for walking across oxford daily to get back. Anyway, I heard bad things about the other collages (everyone is stuck up, stuff like that) and people going LMH as their second collage hoped they got it. Generally its just the best collage really.
Reply 15
*tumbleweed numero deux*
The distance can be a little irritating sometimes. I'm considering allocating my next partner on the basis of the college they are at, as it will require less stumbling back to LMH. But although we moan about it, it is nowhere near as bad as is made out- 15 minuites is already a good five minuites shorter than the walk i had to do every day to get to school (and i was quite close), and you don't actually tend to go into town every day- there are some days when you can't be bothered, or (even worse) actually have to work. Plus if you're a scientist or a lawyer or some other such person the walk time is significantly shorter (about five minuites for those pesky scientists). And finally the distance leaves us quiet, pretty, and tourist free.
Reply 17
What's the social makeup of LHM like? I've heard from a friend at Somerville that its very upper-middle class, is this true as whilst I know as a Sommervillian he is biased against LHM but the college was founded on quite a restricted charter? Is it full of 'Ra's' or will a lower-middle class chap like myself find it easy to settle n? To be honest I didn't catch a really welcoming vibe at the open day - although that may have been something to do with extreme stress on everyone's behalf.
Reply 18
whoa. we got a post! i'm working class, and i fit in. i wouldnt say its ra, definitely no more than Somerwho?

lmh open days are wierd - no-one talks for some reason. was the same when i applied a couple of years back, yet when i got there everyone was welcoming and cool and the quietness was gone.
Reply 19
Ahah there are LMHers on here! Do u have any idea what Michael Broers is like? As he's gonna be my 'moral tutor'. Its good to know that you had a similar experience El Chueco as I really wouldn't want to go somewhere really unfriendly.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending