The Student Room Group

The Michiyo Mysteries

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Michiyo
Welcome to The Michiyo Mysteries and the MMMMM family :grin:

I knew I should have tagged you :rofl: Welcome to the MMMMM family, pumpkin! :hugs:

Thank you :biggrin:
What does MMMMM stand for?
Reply 41
Original post by tasha_tah
Meeeee

Welcome to The Michiyo Mysteries and the MMMMM family, Tasha! :jumphug: Long time no speak, but I am super happy to have you here :love:

Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
Thank you :biggrin:
What does MMMMM stand for?

You are more than welcome :hugs:

It stands for 'The Michiyo Mysteries: Making Magnificent Memories' and for the sound people make when they eat godly food :coma:
@Michiyo I'm so excited! :awesome:
Thanks for the tag btw :hugs:
Reply 43
Original post by Emerald797
@Michiyo I'm so excited! :awesome:
Thanks for the tag btw :hugs:

Aww, thank you :hugs:

You are more than welcome :lovehug:
Reply 44
OMG, welcome to The Michiyo Mysteries and the MMMMM family, @chelseadagg3r! :gah: So happy to have you here :loveduck: Everything is better with Chelsea around :lovehug:
Original post by Michiyo
Welcome to The Michiyo Mysteries and the MMMMM family, Tasha! :jumphug: Long time no speak, but I am super happy to have you here :love:

It stands for 'The Michiyo Mysteries: Making Magnificent Memories' and for the sound people make when they eat godly food :coma:

Like schnitzels :drool:
Michiyo
x

Added to watch list! :jumphug: Lovely thread schnitzel Michiyo :h:
Original post by Michiyo

Aw haha thank youu
Yep I've just Been Busy but I'll try n come on tsr more
Reply 48
Original post by TheGreatPumpkin
Like schnitzels :drool:

Like schnitzels and pizza :eating:

Original post by RoyalSheepy
Added to watch list! :jumphug: Lovely thread schnitzel Michiyo :h:

Aww, thank you so much, good sheep bro! :lovie:

'Schnitzel' is like my nickname now :toofunny:
Original post by Michiyo
Like schnitzels and pizza :eating:

Aww, thank you so much, good sheep bro! :lovie:

'Schnitzel' is like my nickname now :toofunny:

Watching with interest. Pls tag me in updates
Reply 50
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Watching with interest. Pls tag me in updates

Aww, thank you :jumphug: Welcome to The Michiyo Mysteries and the MMMMM family, dear Dreamliner! :lovie:
Original post by Michiyo
x

Awesome! That sounds like an interesting course and you're off to university :ahee: :hugs:
I can't wait for the next post :wink: :biggrin:
Reply 52
Cu mare plăcere! :bigsmile: Bine ai venit în Misterele Michiyo și familia MMMMM, burrito :hugs:

Romanian to English translation:

Spoiler

Original post by Matrix123
Awesome! That sounds like an interesting course and you're off to university :ahee: :hugs:
I can't wait for the next post :wink: :biggrin:

Thank you! :lovehug: Glad to have you here, Matrix :loveduck:

Oh, my, I hope it will meet your expectations, then :fan:

Hope you are well :jumphug:
ermmm excuse meeee where was my tag :rolleyes:

I wanna keep up with my fav TSRian too :biggrin:
Reply 54
Original post by AndrewSCO
ermmm excuse meeee where was my tag :rolleyes:

I wanna keep up with my fav TSRian too :biggrin:

OMG I SERIOUSLY HAVE NO IDEA HOW I FORGOT TO TAG YOU :zomg: Sorry, I seem to have forgotten to tag half a dozen people or even more... :getmecoat:

I am so happy you are here now, though! :woo: Welcome to The Michiyo Mysteries and the MMMMM family, Andrew, dear :lovehug: Hope you are doing well :hugs:
Reply 55
Welcome to The Michiyo Mysteries and the MMMMM family, @Blue_Cow! :jumphug: We have not really spoken to each other, but I have seen you around :biggrin: Nice to have you here :lovehug:
Original post by Michiyo
Welcome to The Michiyo Mysteries and the MMMMM family, @Blue_Cow! :jumphug: We have not really spoken to each other, but I have seen you around :biggrin: Nice to have you here :lovehug:

PRSOM :smile:
Reply 57

Entry 1 Stressed Out

Title: ‘Stressed Out’ by Twenty-One Pilots
Period of time: 17th August-6th September
Mood: Tense
Smiley:

I. Clearing
I had to go through Clearing. While I cannot say that I was very prepared with university numbers, I managed to get four offers and chose Essex.

II. Documents for university and SFE
Getting all the documents I needed for university and SFE was extremely troublesome because some of them were with my mother (she lives in the UK), most of them needed to get legalised copies made off them, some of them needed to be translated and/or scanned, and I did not even HAVE some of them *cough*my IGCSE English Language certificate*cough* in the first place.

My mother sent off my application from the UK on the 31st because I did not find any next day delivery service from Romania to the UK. Sadly, I had to send my original AS results to SFE as proof that I attended a UK state school. Also, I accidentally wrote an incorrect address and put down that I am eligible for a bursary from my university, only to find out that I am not, so I need to call SFE and fix that.

III. Accommodation and living
I had to move houses on the 1st, but since I am leaving soon, I just moved into my second oldest sister’s (whom I will refer to as SII Sister II) place. I applied for accommodation after the guaranteed accommodation date, so I might have to look for a room to rent if I do not get any accommodation.

IV. Finance
I have to wait until I come to the UK to get a bank account and National Insurance number.

V. Coming to the UK
SII bought my plane ticket yesterday. I am coming to the UK on the 19th!

VI. Miscellaneous
I have quite a few new clothes for university.

I enrolled today because I did not have my Essex email address before, but now that I do, I picked my modules. I have 60(!) credits’ worth of optional modules from any department I want!

None of the remaining politics and international relations modules interested me, so I went for two 30 credits modules: a history module which covers 1450-1750 Europe and a beginner’s German module. I will find out if I get the modules I want tomorrow, when I get my timetable.

TL;DR: Clearing. Problems with certificates, university, documents, SFE, accommodation, enrolment, and moving houses. Finally more or less solved!

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Michiyo

Entry 1 Stressed Out

Title: ‘Stressed Out’ by Twenty-One Pilots
Period of time: 17th August-6th September
Mood: Tense
Smiley:

I. Clearing
I had to go through Clearing. While I cannot say that I was very prepared with university numbers, I managed to get four offers and chose Essex.

II. Documents for university and SFE
Getting all the documents I needed for university and SFE was extremely troublesome because some of them were with my mother (she lives in the UK), most of them needed to get legalised copies made off them, some of them needed to be translated and/or scanned, and I did not even HAVE some of them *cough*my IGCSE English Language certificate*cough* in the first place.

My mother sent off my application from the UK on the 31st because I did not find any next day delivery service from Romania to the UK. Sadly, I had to send my original AS results to SFE as proof that I attended a UK state school. Also, I accidentally wrote an incorrect address and put down that I am eligible for a bursary from my university, only to find out that I am not, so I need to call SFE and fix that.

III. Accommodation and living
I had to move on the 1st, but since I was leaving soon, I just moved into my second oldest sister’s (whom I will refer to as SII Sister II) place. I applied for accommodation after the guaranteed accommodation date, so I might have to look for a room to rent if I do not get any accommodation.

IV. Finance
I have to wait until I come to the UK to get a bank account and National Insurance number.

V. Coming to the UK
SII bought my plane ticket yesterday. I am coming to the UK on the 19th!

VI. Miscellaneous
I have quite a few new clothes for university.

I enrolled today because I did not have my Essex email address before, but now that I do, I picked my modules. I had 60(!) credits’ worth of optional modules any department I want!

None of the remaining politics and international relations modules interested me, so I went for two 30 credits modules: a history module which covers 1450-1750 Europe and a beginner’s German module. I will find out if I get the modules I want on the 8th, when I get my timetable.

TL;DR: Clearing. Problems with certificates, university, documents, SFE, accommodation, enrolment, and moving houses. Finally more or less solved!

Spoiler

Good work Michyo, it'll be all right in the end!
Reply 59
Original post by DreamlinerFinder
Good work Michyo, it'll be all right in the end!

Thank you! :jumphug:

Yeah, I hope so. :colondollar: My road to university has been bumpy, but I hope it all works out in the end :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending