The Student Room Group

Primark Interview

anyone had one of these? i have no idea of what to expect or what they will ask? its part of their recruitment day

i'm looking to work in the Oxford street branch

help!!

Scroll to see replies

the oxford street branch isn't even open yet?!
Reply 2
yh i know they are recruiting now
oh right. maybe just prepare answers for the typical questions like "why do you think you'd be suited to this job, why do you want to work for primark, what would you do in xxx situation etc
Reply 4
I had a terrible work experience in Primark once. Terrible :frown:.
Reply 5
go onto their website
Reply 6
Id luv to work there. All the positions have probably been filled now though :frown:
Reply 7
Not sure if this is too late...?
I work at Primark, and the interview is nothing to worry about. They ask you to fill in an application form when you get there (or if you have already done it, then not :p:) and then they just read through it with you, confirming details. If you have any other questions about Primark let me know :p: I've been there nearly 18 months...!
oh the primark i am applying to wants a group interview first and then once successful a 1 to 1 ....
Simon-J
Not sure if this is too late...?
I work at Primark, and the interview is nothing to worry about. They ask you to fill in an application form when you get there (or if you have already done it, then not :p:) and then they just read through it with you, confirming details. If you have any other questions about Primark let me know :p: I've been there nearly 18 months...!

Does anyone know the pay rates for Primark. I know it's £4.25 an hour for 16-18 year-olds but I just turned 18 and I want to know how much I would get. I've heard from some people that it's £5.35 but someone else said that's the hourly rate for over 21. Can anyone help me out?
Reply 10
Clara_Riddle
Does anyone know the pay rates for Primark. I know it's £4.25 an hour for 16-18 year-olds but I just turned 18 and I want to know how much I would get. I've heard from some people that it's £5.35 but someone else said that's the hourly rate for over 21. Can anyone help me out?

Hiya.
The pay rates vary depending on where you are in the country. For example, where we live 16-17 year olds get £3.58/h, 18-21s get £4.78/h, 22+s get £5.35/h, and supervisors get £5.75/h. 10 miles down the road, at the next nearest Primark, they get a bit more. They base it on the living costs in your particular area :smile: So, theoretically, in the more expensive places (accommodation wise), you get the most money.

Simon
Reply 11
Clara_Riddle

18 yrs=£5.20..i work there.. but i think it might differ coz i heard some pple sayin they get less than that.. dnt know if its true thoh
Reply 12
Its on their website ... (Oxford Street, London this is) at £6.50 over 18.
TEE001
18 yrs=£5.20..i work there.. but i think it might differ coz i heard some pple sayin they get less than that.. dnt know if its true thoh

Thanx - I was sure I knew what the pay was but then my friend said that it was 4.45 - that's only 20p more than what 17-year-olds get! I knew she was wrong...:evilb:
Reply 14
It does depend on the area though. Stores in London and especially central London will be paying more
You go in and there's a tape thing telling you about Primark - watch out as they ask questions about the company or ask what you know about it. They give you a prep sheet telling you basically what they'll ask. One of them will be, "compare yourself to an object, colour, animal etc.. why?". My friend said music as she could be loud/quiet when appropriate, had different aspects to her personality just like music is made up of the lyrics/beat etc, and was liked by many! They asked a few generic questions too apparently. Out of the 5-6 of them, 2 went through for a 1 on 1 interview, which she got. She hears back this weekend! Good luck with yours!
Reply 16
hi i have applied for primark and waiting for them to get back in touch with me for a interview,
could anybody please tell me what i will need and what type of clothes so i can prepare myself if they give me a interview
thanks
Hi

I have an interview for the Primark Store in Hull and was wondering if anyone has been to an interview for this particular store?

If not, any advice about the interview questions/procedures would be awesome!!

Thankssss! :smile:
Original post by hilto lfc

Original post by hilto lfc
hi i have applied for primark and waiting for them to get back in touch with me for a interview,
could anybody please tell me what i will need and what type of clothes so i can prepare myself if they give me a interview
thanks

I just had my induction and will start my first shift on sat! the branch im working is at leicester! I went looking smart, there's no dress code! and when you are successful they will tell you what you should wear on the induction! :smile: its easy... they will ask you what are the main competitors of primark! say new look and peacock! i got that answer right, he was like good. cuz most people would say asda and matalan! they will ask you bout negative and positive on your previous work experience! so hope that helps! :smile: goodluck
Reply 19
How long does it take primark to get back to you after an interview it's been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything does that mean I didn't get the job or should I ring and ask

Quick Reply

Latest