The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did it happen because of the rugby? If so I'm not going to play rugby ever again.

Probably best off talking to a doctor about the options.
w00tt

EDIT: wait it didn't get ripped out at rugby... im with you now :wink:

yeah off to a docs with him. Probably be private coz i suppose its cosmetic
Reply 2
God, you really worried me there with the thread title and then the sentence "ripped out of him". I know there is such a thing as a prosthetic testicle, but it's usually put in immediately if needed. No idea about the possibility of that happening if he's only had one for a while.
It's not really your place to advise him imo, i'm sure he's aware of such possibilities - the doctor who removed it will have made this clear.

Though your intentions are good, there is no doubt a good reason why he hasn't done this already.
Reply 4
nah I dont think he does know. when someone said he was half man half women he said that it had been like that since he was born and that he didnt know about getting it changed or fixed
So you have one ball missing?
Reply 6
fonzievision
So you have one ball missing?

nah like I said that above its a mate of mine. if it was me I would probs just go to the GP and ask him to fix me up
Unless he's quite daft i'd say he's researched it.

But, if you really feel that you could tell him something he doesn't know then tread carefully, such advice may make him feel as bad as the insults from others - like there really is something wrong with him and he ought to change.
Wow that's disgusting that people make fun of him-some people are born with no legs would they make fun of them too! Ugh some people. Anyway I don't know about the operation but if it is causing him emotional distress (ie due to teasing or just feeling 'not normal') then there is a chance he could get it on NHS as it is affecting his wellbeing. He may well just ne fine with it and accept that is what his body is like, so tread carefully as he may take offence.
boys place too much emphasis on their genetalia, especially rugby teams!..so what hes got one ball..i wouldnt care..hes still got a penis to pleasure me and one ball that could potentially produce children.i agree with the above that you should tread carefully as he could take offense...hmmm..to answer your question though..it might not be possible if there has never been one there...i wouldnt know for sure...as it i think the best thing you could do and the thing that he would appreciate most is to DEFEND him when these immature boys make fun of him.
bone-machine
boys place too much emphasis on their genetalia, especially rugby teams!

well thats what rugby is all about; men with oddly shaped balls.

balls are ugly anyway so i doubt his gf/prospective gfs are going to care much. tbh i would be more worried about the amount of attention the rest of the team are paying to this poor boys nuts (unless hes into that sort of thing of course)
Reply 11
bone-machine
boys place too much emphasis on their genetalia, especially rugby teams!..so what hes got one ball..i wouldnt care..hes still got a penis to pleasure me and one ball that could potentially produce children.i agree with the above that you should tread carefully as he could take offense...hmmm..to answer your question though..it might not be possible if there has never been one there...i wouldnt know for sure...as it i think the best thing you could do and the thing that he would appreciate most is to DEFEND him when these immature boys make fun of him.

Well you probably would to be fair, what with male pride and being made fun of because of it and everything:wink:
Anonymous
A friend of mine at rugby has the **** ripped out of him every time he goes into the shower because he only has one ball.

You can get a prosthetic silicone testicle inserted fairly easily.
The operation is trivial.
Any urologist can do it for you.
Where's the other one?

In the Albert Hall?

(sorry...)
Reply 14
Anonymous
nah like I said that above its a mate of mine. if it was me I would probs just go to the GP and ask him to fix me up
I love how you make it seem so easy.

Why are these men even staring at his testicles?
Nutter

Why are these men even staring at his testicles?

I asked myself that too if I was showering with a bunch of naked girls I'd be making a point of not looking down below. I just decided that men are odd haha.

Aside from that have you thought about talking to those who are taking the mick privately? Just tell them that it's not cool-don't make a big fuss about it just mention it.
Rugby is a game played by men with odd-shaped balls.

Surely they were just checking?
Reply 17
I can't believe the guys would make fun of him openly about this, that would mean they admit to looking, and unless i'm quite mistaken, you'd have to be observing rather carefully to notice there was one missing, would you not?
Reply 18
Erm...has he not had it checked out or something? It could still be inside him and never dropped. Don't know why you're so concerned about his genitals either.

Just read the above, it'd be pretty easy to notice.
Anonymous
A friend of mine at rugby has the **** ripped out of him every time he goes into the shower because he only has one ball. I think women also take the piss a bit. So I can give him some advice is it possible to get a fake one? If so do you have to do it privbately and what is the operation like? Also would he be to young at 17 to get an operation like this?

1) yes you can get fake testicles, they are often fitted after testicular cancer surgery
2) why are these guys staring hard enough at his balls to spot there is only one. have they touched it up to check or something
3) if women get close enough to find out he has one ball then i don't think he has much of a problem