The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Haha. Bloody technology! They should do it all by letter, much nicer AND much more excitment receiving a letter. I will continue waiting to hear then... Come on Durham! x
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
or they could scrap Durham Track and have it go straight to Ucas.
Reply 62
I should think that would be a much better idea. Durham track is just a source of annoyance and confusion anyway. Although the change on the Durham track is the only thing I am clinging onto at moment... Haha. x
Reply 63
Just bumping this up so people can see where to post their track questions. :smile:
Good. Plan.
Thanks, this is a good thread.
My status is received by a college at the moment, so I just hope Durham track isn't screwing with me :smile:
I'm not sure what college I'll end up with, but I don't really mind so even that is now part of the endless excitement of UCAS applications.
Hi all,

My applicant enquiry majig says that my application has been recieved by my college, but a decision has not yet been made.

Does this mean I'm in but might not get that college, or that I still might be unsuccessful? Or do we all JUST NOT KNOW/ :confused:

Much love peeps,

Han xxx
Reply 67
:mad: argh read one of the other threads, these are beginning to get so annoying!
OMG OMG OMG!

L100 Economics

* Your application has been received by the Department
* Your application has not yet been received by a College

what does this mean?

plz plz answer quick or i go of to make a new thread!
It just means they have recieved your application but haven't decided on an offer/rejection yet.. mines been like that for months :rolleyes: :smile:

PFL xx
The process goes:

1) Department recieve your app.

THEN EITHER

a) Department accept app, and you're in. OR b) Dept. reject app, and you're not.

IF b) No Durham for you.

IF a) You're going to Durham :biggrin:. Congratulations.

THEN

2) The dept. pass the application on to a college to see if there's room for you there.

THEN EITHER:

a) The college have room and accept you with open arms. You're into Durham at your first choice college. Offer wings it way to you, you rejoice. See you October.

b) The college do not have room. Your app. gets passed around until a college decides they have room for you. You're into Durham at a college other than your first choice. Offer wings it way to you, you rejoice. See you October.

THERE ARE NO OTHER OUTCOMES. If you made an Open application and get past stage 1, you're outcome is 2)b).

As you can see, if your app. gets passed to a college, either way you're into Durham. So well done FizzPopSpan, Hannah, whatever. See you/bump into you without even knowing who you are in October.

IF TRACK SAYS YOU'VE BEEN RECIEVED BY A COLLEGE, YOU'RE IN. :cool:
Now I just have to get three As.
Ack.
This is probably going to sound really stupid but if I've applied to Durham for 2 subjects...I was offered an interview for one, and the second one says my application has been received by the college on Durham track...as I've applied to the same college for both subjects, are they likely to accept me for the second subject because they liked me enough to offer an interview for the first? Or will they think they should reject my second application because they've already offered me an interview for something else?

:confused:
mine was not sent to college for three months and i got in so its ok
i am confused though that people applied to the same course as me at the same college and haven't heard :s-smilie:
*starbuck*
This is probably going to sound really stupid but if I've applied to Durham for 2 subjects...I was offered an interview for one, and the second one says my application has been received by the college on Durham track...as I've applied to the same college for both subjects, are they likely to accept me for the second subject because they liked me enough to offer an interview for the first? Or will they think they should reject my second application because they've already offered me an interview for something else?

:confused:

They would treat both applications seperately, since they are different departments.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mine was not sent to college for three months and i got in so its ok
i am confused though that people applied to the same course as me at the same college and haven't heard

They do not tell everyone at the same time, decisions take months
Reply 75
Danny_777
The process goes:

1) Department recieve your app.

THEN EITHER

a) Department accept app, and you're in. OR b) Dept. reject app, and you're not.

IF b) No Durham for you.

IF a) You're going to Durham :biggrin:. Congratulations.

THEN

2) The dept. pass the application on to a college to see if there's room for you there.

IF TRACK SAYS YOU'VE BEEN RECIEVED BY A COLLEGE, YOU'RE IN. :cool:

Can I just point out this is not STRICTLY true.

I applied to Durham and got the track letter. After staying on 'Your application has not yet been received by a department' it finally moved on to 'Your application has been received by a College' after a few weeks. HOWEVER a few days later I received a letter from the College asking me for interview with the college AND the department, at which they would decide whether I got an offer or not.

The likelihood is that if you get asked for interview then you will get an offer, but IT IS NOT GUARANTEED.

The track page does say:
3. If the department decides you are to receive an offer (or be invited to attend an interview) your application will be forwarded to a College.

I'm not being pessimistic, just realistic! :smile:

Hope this helps.
Good point that, interviewees would be the exception to the rule. Since you need to be allocated a college before you can have an interview
Reply 77
Mattmoy_2000
Not necessarily. Durham track shows "passed on to college" even if you've been declined.

really? but it doesn't say anything about that on the track website. everything said on the whole durham forum about track speaks against this.
im not having a go at you but what makes you think that?

mine says:

* Your application has been received by a College
* A decision has not yet been made. Please visit the UCAS website for further details

Guess ill have to wait for ucas before i get too excited
Reply 78
See here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=337821

Its likely that if it has been passed onto the college then you will get an offer, but not always the case.
I dont even have a durham track thing. I dont get it, Im clueless. Anyone care to explain?

Latest