The Student Room Group
King's doesn't really have a JCR as such, partly because there is no physical room to house the JCR (instead, the bar is generally the focus of activity). Instead, you could try the KCSU, which represents the general undergraduate body. It handles most of the day to day running of sports, societies, ents and social welfare, as well as political campaigning against top up fees and shadowing schemes to encourage applicants.
Reply 2
I've tried the KCSU, but I think it's only available to enrolled students. I'll be starting this October.
Yeah I think you need a Raven password for the KCSU site, so I guess you can't get on that. Is there anything in particular you wanted to know about that we could tell you?
Reply 4
Not really, to be honest. Well, does King's have fresher's week? I'd like to hear about this, maybe...
Reply 5
We have a few events during the first few days of Mich. There's the obligatory matriculation photo and dinner, drinks with your DoS, drinks with your tutor, a freshers pub crawl, a few awesome nights in the Cellar and a freshers' pub/bar quiz.

Sometime during weeks 0-2, you'll probably also have a parents' meal (you're essentially assigned to two 2nd/3rd years who will be your college "parents" along with a few other fresher "siblings"). Your "parents" will usually cook for you/take you out for a meal and you'll all get horrendously drunk (if that's your sort of thing.)

Then there's the CUSU-run freshers' societies fair (where you get the chance to see the HUGE number of university clubs and societies you can join), and a KCSU sports and societies fair with something similar on a college scale.
visesh
We have a few events during the first few days of Mich. There's the obligatory matriculation photo and dinner, drinks with your DoS, drinks with your tutor, a freshers pub crawl, a few awesome nights in the Cellar and a freshers' pub/bar quiz.

Sometime during weeks 0-2, you'll probably also have a parents' meal (you're essentially assigned to two 2nd/3rd years who will be your college "parents" along with a few other fresher "siblings"). Your "parents" will usually cook for you/take you out for a meal and you'll all get horrendously drunk (if that's your sort of thing.)

Then there's the CUSU-run freshers' societies fair (where you get the chance to see the HUGE number of university clubs and societies you can join), and a KCSU sports and societies fair with something similar on a college scale.

That pretty much covers it. Except for the tour of the chapel roof, that's amazing. :cool:
Reply 7
Wow, that sounds so great, I can barely wait till October.
Thanks to both of you!