The Student Room Group

UMS marks for Cambridge ???

Today i recieved the Cambridge application form by my teacher. I thought that applicants had to give their UMS marks for individual modules, however after looking over the form, it specifically states on the qualifications section, "do not include module scores", and there appears no place to list UMS marks.
What's the story? How do Cambridge get my UMS marks if i don't give them?
Reply 1
I think individual colleges have their often policy on them, so some will ask for them later on, others won't.
Reply 2
Thanks, that would certainly seem reasonable
Reply 3
You will be asked by your college to provide extra information (module scores, number of people in your classes, etc.)
Reply 4
8 Lucky number
Today i recieved the Cambridge application form by my teacher. I thought that applicants had to give their UMS marks for individual modules, however after looking over the form, it specifically states on the qualifications section, "do not include module scores", and there appears no place to list UMS marks.
What's the story? How do Cambridge get my UMS marks if i don't give them?

Once you've sent your first form you get another one asking why you applied, why the course, and list your ums marks etc
Reply 5
Actually, I've just heard that Cambridge have been told not to ask for UMS marks this year. Not sure if it's true though.
Reply 6
Squishy
Actually, I've just heard that Cambridge have been told not to ask for UMS marks this year. Not sure if it's true though.

Told by whom?
Reply 7
OldMan
Told by whom?

UCAS apparently.
Reply 8
OldMan
Told by whom?

There's a thread in the generic Oxbridge forum about it.

Latest