The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1240
Iron_Duke
I've noticed that my best players are getting poached by European teams and my chairman seems to take over the transfer, preventing me from actually stoppping them going, since the money is 'too good' for him to turn down. How secue do the finances need to be, before this stops? I was annoyed when my best striker was sold by the chairman for £21m to Bayern after one season :s-smilie:
You've got a crap chairman, then...best hope he sells the club, since the money is "too good" for him to turn down :wink: If it's happening while you're financially secure, it's likely to do with his stats (high Interference being very likely, possibly low Business or something as well)
Reply 1241
Does anybody know any European countries where you don't need work permits for foreign players, and there are no limits on how many you can sign or have in your squad?
Dalimyr
...best hope he sells the club, since the money is "too good" for him to turn down :wink:

That's not good...Chairman Status = 'Will never leave the club he loves' :rolleyes:
Reply 1243
Iron_Duke
That's not good...Chairman Status = 'Will never leave the club he loves' :rolleyes:

...oh dear.....methinks you might want to be on the lookout for replacements for your star players, should your chairman do something daft again :biggrin:
Reply 1244
Just wondering, if i can connect to someone elses ip - does it follow that i should be able to host?
Reply 1245
just wondering if this guy is a random regen only for my game or is on everyone's. I'm playing as chelsea and in 2009 i am beginning to get the benefit of chelsea's current "sign every 12 year old campaign". There's a striker called "Shaun Hickox", 17 and English labelled the next Geoff Hurst who has a really goofy looking picture and came through my youth team. When i got him in the batch of players my assistant says he looked like "one of the best of his generation" which i've never seen before. His stats are reasonably average but he seems to score every time he plays - including announcing himself on the first team at 17 with an fa cup hat trick in my b team vs qpr. I seem to remember some offer on the fm website to send in your pic and get it on the game as a regen player, so this must be what this is - his pic definitely can't be a real player. So to wind up this long post does everyone else have him? He's an absolute gem!

rob
Reply 1246
Rob McK
just wondering if this guy is a random regen only for my game or is on everyone's. I'm playing as chelsea and in 2009 i am beginning to get the benefit of chelsea's current "sign every 12 year old campaign". There's a striker called "Shaun Hickox", 17 and English labelled the next Geoff Hurst who has a really goofy looking picture and came through my youth team. When i got him in the batch of players my assistant says he looked like "one of the best of his generation" which i've never seen before. His stats are reasonably average but he seems to score every time he plays - including announcing himself on the first team at 17 with an fa cup hat trick in my b team vs qpr. I seem to remember some offer on the fm website to send in your pic and get it on the game as a regen player, so this must be what this is - his pic definitely can't be a real player. So to wind up this long post does everyone else have him? He's an absolute gem!
rob

Definate regen. Dont you just hate it when that happens :p:
Reply 1247
this has probably been said before, but there are around 60 pages to look through so i can't be bothered - referring in a roundabout way to annoying chairmen from the posts above i have the ultimate chairman and ultimate interferer simultaneously - roman abramovich - and i have found a way to get round his ridiculous forced purchases (such as me buying micah richards and eduardo ratinho for right back cover and him deciding they weren't star players and buying me andoni iraola for 20mill!!!). If your chairman wants "star players" but you don't want to spend loads on some galactico that might not even fit into your team do the following : go on expired contracts and find an old school legend - i found cafu and maldini both released by milan in 2008 - and sign them. As they are "legends" by description they cover the chairman's request without spending any money at all! (plus maldini and cafu are now both excellent young coaches)

cheers

rob
although I support Arsenal in real life, I manage West ham in the game because I am afraid that I would somehow create some sort of curse that would land on Arsenal.........just superstitious. Anyways........I have a problem with my goalkeeper.........he is **** when it comes to taking a goal kick.

Too many times i have seen my team lose or draw in the last minute from a drawing or winning position as the GK just takes a goal kick which falls on feet of the opposition striker/attacking MF who latches onto and dribbles past defenders to finish well.

The defence is **** but I managed to get around that by scoring loads of goals to win important games. I have tried setting the GK to distribute to defenders specifically but the same thing keeps hapening. I even changed my GK-even the new one's started doing it now in the last minutes. What do I do? Can't buy a new GK because I am out of money for this season. Does anybody know a way around..........
Reply 1249
Maybe an issue with your tactics?
I play very attacking football so that our defenders have to defend less as they are frankly.........****. But, when your goalkeeper gives away a goalkick like that every noe and then,when you have specifically instructed him to distribute the ball to one of the defenders, and he does not-it gets really annoying.

We have scored 139 goals this season but conceded at least 20 goals from these silly GKicks. the defenders will improve and I have a few out on loan to Rangers,Celtic,Charlton and others but I am just worried that if the strikers get injured or we stop scoring we will be in big trouble, esp in vital big games with these nutter goal keepers.
I conceded 11 in 34 games in the league last season.
Argh Work Permits are so annoying, ON FM 06 im Barnet and im trying to sign Kenwyne Jones from Southampton on Bosman, he accepts the deal but it says i cant due to the work permit, i appeal and it keeps getting turned down, ive tried to sign him 6 times in hope 1 time it will let me lol....Im guessing i can try as many times as i want but i am not getting him?
Ziggy Stardust
I conceded 11 in 34 games in the league last season.

Do you have really good defenders or do you have any special tactic that you use e.g. defend deep, be ultradefensive or something? How do you do it? My defenders keep pushing up the pitch even though I instruct them to defend deep at times against Rooney,Ronaldo kind of player. How do you manage to concede not so many goals?
ALEXnk
Argh Work Permits are so annoying, ON FM 06 im Barnet and im trying to sign Kenwyne Jones from Southampton on Bosman, he accepts the deal but it says i cant due to the work permit, i appeal and it keeps getting turned down, ive tried to sign him 6 times in hope 1 time it will let me lol....Im guessing i can try as many times as i want but i am not getting him?

He is on a work permit and so he can't change current emplyer until he gets a citizenship or something.
My team always seems to lose concentration after scoring and conceeds in the next 15 mins or so...:frown:
I have a mean defence and a world class goalkeeper :wink:

We conceded like 11 in 34, and scored about 90 :biggrin:
Iron_Duke
My team always seems to lose concentration after scoring and conceeds in the next 15 mins or so...:frown:

Yeah, that happened to me quite often when I first started playing-but that's something you can't do anything against as you are not physically playing in the field. I have found that half time talks are always helpful to get your players to concentrate at games. Be angry at them for a poor performance at home but encourage them on away games.

To be honest this wasn't what solved my problem and we still conceded from errors made by defenders coupled with the nutter GK who keeps giving ball away to opponents best attacking player when taking a goalkick. I figured to win games we need to score more as we are vulnerable at the back.

I trained the players to play some awesome short passing game from the start and revert to more of a direct style when a goal down. It really works and recently beat Man united by 4-1 after conceding a goal due to goalkeeping error,again for 20th time this season:banghead: . I bought that guy called Anthony Stokes or something and he now has a finishing of 20 and pace of 20 after training for a couple of seasons>>Awesome player and is best used as an impact substitute. So yeah,this is what I do.

But, I have some players out on loan who will come back from clubs like Rangers and Celtic more importantly they are defenders,and a GK- and once that happens I will moonwalk up and down the current goal keepers *** before kicking him out of the team>>only his reflex is keeping him in the first team at the moment.

By the way, what formation do people like to play? I play the standard 4-4-2 counter attacking at home and 4-5-1 counter attacking on away games but if I really need to win a game I throw everything and revert to an attacking.............3-3-4........that's right not 4-3-3! But, then again that's why we have conceded 32 goals this seasons but scored 139!-I will take this anyday over constant 1-0 losses to teams like Everton..............:wink:

Ziggy Stardust>>Well done to you. I need a mean defence like yours because the way it's going at the moment we can't stop players from scoring goals if the strikers were tied with a rope and put in a sack, they would still manage to hop and score some stupid last minute goals. Did you train them yourself or just bought them? If you did train them, which criterias did you concentrate on in training? Sorry,Am I asking too many questions........?:biggrin:
Reply 1258
Even if you defend deep, you need to have a good goalkeeper as chances are players like Rooney and Ronaldo can score from distance at will if they're playing against a sub-par keeper.

You also need to make that when you're playing the top teams that your midfield defend too - don't necessarily have them to run forward often, because you need them back to defend, then you can counter-attack :biggrin:
Jsuper
Does anybody know any European countries where you don't need work permits for foreign players, and there are no limits on how many you can sign or have in your squad?

Netherlands and Belgium

built a team full of Americans at Standard Liege once:cool: