The Student Room Group

Do the UMS marks from a U grade module count towards the final grade?

This is a question my younger brother needs an answer for. This is because he only needs 4 UMS marks (below the E grade level which is 40) to get an A grade overall, and he is thinking of concentrating on his other subjects, and just studying 2 out of the 8 chapters to obtain the 4 marks from that module. So he was wondering, if he was to get lets say 17/100 on that module (which would be a U) would they still count the marks from that module to his grade to ensure he gets his A grade, considering the module would marked as ungraded.
Reply 1
Could someone answer this please.
Reply 2
yes, i'm pretty sure the marks still count.
Reply 3
i dont see why it wouldnt be. although if hes aiming at a very top uni they might wonder why he had a U on a module....
Reply 4
webbers
yes, i'm pretty sure the marks still count.

Are you 100% sure? Do you know anyone who has been in this situation?
Reply 5
yes it does
Reply 6
qwerty3
yes it does

Thanks, but how would you know, lol.
Yes, they do. I got Us in 2 of my history modules and the marks still counted.
Reply 8
Funny question...OF COURSE IT COUNTS! e.g i know someone who got 88/90 unit 1 bus studies, 17/90 unit 2 bus studies and 107/120 unit 3 bus studies = 212 = B!

Regards
Reply 9
i got 408 UMS for my chemistry( A in As and A in unit 4) . However,i may get a U grade in the last module(unit 5) since i went to the exam late . I need only 12 UMS for a B overall in A2, so can a grade U gives me 12 UMS ?( i still did some question in that exam and quite sure i can get about 20 raw marks )
Reply 10
Original post by james2210
i got 408 UMS for my chemistry( A in As and A in unit 4) . However,i may get a U grade in the last module(unit 5) since i went to the exam late . I need only 12 UMS for a B overall in A2, so can a grade U gives me 12 UMS ?( i still did some question in that exam and quite sure i can get about 20 raw marks )

so did it count then? the u grade marks?

I am in a similar situation to yours, and am worried whether they will count or not
Original post by plummango
so did it count then? the u grade marks?

I am in a similar situation to yours, and am worried whether they will count or not

The question was answered an astonishing FIVE years ago! Why resurrect the thread now? Of course they count.
oh bloody hell.
this was so long ago, OP probably has a kids by now xD
Reply 13
Original post by Good bloke
The question was answered an astonishing FIVE years ago! Why resurrect the thread now? Of course they count.

The guy I replied to, asked a question under a year ago (july 2011)
Original post by plummango
The guy I replied to, asked a question under a year ago (july 2011)

So? The question you asked had been answered in the thread already - five years ago.
Reply 15
Original post by Good bloke
So? The question you asked had been answered in the thread already - five years ago.

i am in a more similar sitution to that dude I asked, just confirming

Latest