The Student Room Group

EMA payments?

hey i don't know where to put this thread so i thought maybe the sixth form discussion was the best place, i don't know whether anyone else get's EMA payments for attending 6 form but i was just wondering did anyone know when they stopped? do they run into when we do our exams or do they stop when we leave school, would just like to budget for being skint again lol..:frown: help would be appreciated ta everyone x

Scroll to see replies

BitterSweet18
hey i don't know where to put this thread so i thought maybe the sixth form discussion was the best place, i don't know whether anyone else get's EMA payments for attending 6 form but i was just wondering did anyone know when they stopped? do they run into when we do our exams or do they stop when we leave school, would just like to budget for being skint again lol..:frown: help would be appreciated ta everyone x

I think they stop when you finish, so sometime in July. (Are you year 12 or 13?) I think you still get EMA for any study leave/exams. Or it might depend on your sixth form/college. As for being skint, this might help. :biggrin:
Reply 2
lol..thanks, erm im in year 13 so..leaving in 2 weeks time! soo scary, hope my payments may carry on into study leave fingers crossed however i feel this may be optimisitic thinking
Reply 3
I'm absolutely skint. I hope they carry on for a good while.
Reply 4
I received mine up until the end of June last year (including the exam period), so I'm hoping it's the same this year :eek:
I think, if I remember correctly, you get it until you leave, so until the end of June.
Reply 6
What about for year 12's? Will you get it even if you finish all your exams before anyone else? And I take it you'll still get it when sixth form starts teaching the A2 courses in June?
clefeen206
What about for year 12's? Will you get it even if you finish all your exams before anyone else? And I take it you'll still get it when sixth form starts teaching the A2 courses in June?

If you're going to sixth form/college for at least 12 hours, you're going to get it...
clefeen206

Yeah, you get it for the whole academic year.
Reply 9
Thanks for that.

In a way this is my third year. I've already done a whole year on EMA, then I did it from September last year for one month lol and stopped. I then started it again at a different sixth form this January and I have applied for it for this September. Would I still be able to get it?
Also from the information above does it sound like I'll be eligble for the bonuses in the third year?
Reply 10
My head of 6th form is a bitch! I hardly get EMA and for the bonuses gosh their difficult to get hold of. I was told if i get a C in my mock exam for buisness i would get the bonus, i got that...a month ago, either the bonus doesn't come for a while yet or im not being given it? Also i dont think you get it thru the exam period...i didnt last year :frown:

Regards
you should get it through the exam period, as long as you turn up to the exams :p:

the last bonus is the july bonus so you prob wont get it till then as far as i know

and i've had 3 years of EMA, as long as your under 19 you should be able to get it
Reply 12
I finished for study leave on friday and i don't get ema until i go back in june:frown:
Ema payements finish in June....good so I can tell my head of sixth form what I really think about her...:mad:
clefeen206
Thanks for that.

In a way this is my third year. I've already done a whole year on EMA, then I did it from September last year for one month lol and stopped. I then started it again at a different sixth form this January and I have applied for it for this September. Would I still be able to get it?
Also from the information above does it sound like I'll be eligble for the bonuses in the third year?

Yeah, you can get it for 3 years, 16-19.
Reply 15
EMA finishes on my last exam, June 27th. EMA messed our colleges payment today, so nobody got money, which is a bummer.
My college messes up the payments all the time and during exams/holidays it gets worse. I think we get them all the way through the academic year (including exam season). I wont notice it missing if we don't though, 'cause I dont spend mine. I've saved every penny of it up throughout the two years that I've been at college so now I can afford to go to uni. I feel so clever.:angel: :top: ;thumbsup;
I get £40 a month :biggrin:
Reply 18
it's so amazing....a letter came to our house saying that we got EMA!! =P mebbe i'll get a fiver a week at the very least:laugh:
Reply 19
During exams, do you have to continue getting the card signed or what? Because, like, i cant exactly go up to an Invigilator and ask them to sign it =P

Latest

Trending

Trending